Pep rally?

dausfbulls11

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Are they having one like they had in Charlotte? Had more fun at that than at the game!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BullyPulpit

• BDYZR

• flipflop4900

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Are they having one like they had in Charlotte? Had more fun at that than at the game!!!

I've been looking for something about this as well.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I know the Band is leaving TPA @ 8am on the 21st they say it will take the Bus 11 hours to get there so if anything is going to happen then it will be on the 22nd

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

As of right now, a PEP Rally is scheduled for the 23rd at 10 am, two hours before kick-off. I have emailed a Bowl Committee Member requesting them to reconsider and plan something in the Five Points area on Friday evening/night, similar to what they had in Charlotte. Below is my email and his response, I recommend that you all STAMPEDE him with emails so that the Bowl Committee sees the light and moves the PEP rally to Friday Night. His email is: papajohnsbowl@dragonzrealm.com

MY EMAIL:

Dear Bowl Committee Member,

I received your email address from TheBullspen.com website. First of all let me start by saying that I am really looking forward to the PapaJohns.com Bowl as are my fellow USF Bulls brethren. I do have one concern however. I see that the bowl committee is planning on having the PEP Rally for the teams immediately prior to the game at 10 am. While I love the idea of a PEP Rally, I must say that I do not think the committee has selected the best time for a PEP Rally. For starters, many fans will be tailgating and will not want to interrupt their pre-game plans to attend the rally. Second, this is the type of event that is perfect to have in Downtown, maybe in the the Five Points area, on Friday evening/night. Last year I attended the Meineke Car Care Bowl in Charlotte, NC. They had their PEP rally Downtown the evening before the game. It was very well attended and they also had a street festival. There were numerous vendors and games and the city benefited from added revenue. It was very family friendly and there were plenty of activities for the kids. I would strongly urge the PapaJohns.com Bowl to move the PEP Rally to Friday. Please take this suggestion into consideration.

Jeff Padgett's Reply:

Thank you for your suggestion. I have forwarded it to the marketing manager for his consideration.  

As you know, this is the inaugural Papajohns.com Bowl and it is still very much a work in progress.  We are striving to make everyone's visit to Birmingham as enjoyable as possible.

We do value your opinions, along with the thoughts of many of your fellow Bulls fans as well as those of your opponents.  They will go a long way towards helping us acheive our goal of building the PapaJohns.com Bowl into a memorable post-season event.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with us and I hope you enjoy your visit to Birmingham.

Jeff Padgett

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I was hoping there would be some kind of rally on Friday evening so that the team could come out on stage for a few minutes and enjoy the rallying of pep themselves.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

Let's find the largest parking lot in Five Points. One of you guys with the really loud speakers get the HOT cd and we'll create our own.

Say somewhere around 9:00pm after DREAMLAND ribs!

I know it's to late for the team, but they didn't plan anything anyway.

Maybe the band could show up!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

yeah if they wont have an official per rally on fri night...we can make our own!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

Well guys, I tried my best, but apparantly ESPN Regional's Manager of Sales and Marketing who is in charge of the PapaJohns.com Bowl festivities does not see it from our perspective. Below is the email he sent to me regarding a Friday Night PEP Rally:

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Papajohns.com Bowl.  We are working extremely hard to ensure a wonderful bowl experience for the participating teams and fans.  We have contact the folks in Charlotte about their pep rally and street festival as numerous South Florida fans have talked about how enjoyable it was last year.  We are constantly looking for ways to improve upon our presentation.

I think that you will enjoy our Saturday morning pep rally and make it a part of your tailgating festivities.  Papa John's will be conducting an Arm Chair Quarterback Competition with a winner from each school participating on the field at half-time.    Our pep rally was planned with careful consideration and with all factors considered we felt Saturday morning at Legion Field was the best option for us in our first year.   Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you in Birmingham.

Sincerely,

Bo Kerr

Manager, Sales & Marketing

ESPN Regional Television

205-733-ESPN

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Well guys, I tried my best, but apparantly ESPN Regional's Manager of Sales and Marketing who is in charge of the PapaJohns.com Bowl festivities does not see it from our perspective. Below is the email he sent to me regarding a Friday Night PEP Rally:

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Papajohns.com Bowl.  We are working extremely hard to ensure a wonderful bowl experience for the participating teams and fans.  We have contact the folks in Charlotte about their pep rally and street festival as numerous South Florida fans have talked about how enjoyable it was last year.  We are constantly looking for ways to improve upon our presentation.

I think that you will enjoy our Saturday morning pep rally and make it a part of your tailgating festivities.  Papa John's will be conducting an Arm Chair Quarterback Competition with a winner from each school participating on the field at half-time.    Our pep rally was planned with careful consideration and with all factors considered we felt Saturday morning at Legion Field was the best option for us in our first year.   Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you in Birmingham.

Sincerely,

Bo Kerr

Manager, Sales & Marketing

ESPN Regional Television

205-733-ESPN

:-?

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I would still love to see something like this take place:

A few years ago when Wisconsin was at the Outback Bowl, the Badger Band did an outdoor concert out at Channelside. It was a great event for the fans and served both as an additional pep rally and a showcase of the band. There were easily a couple hundred Badger fans there. Any thought of staking out a place in B'ham and doing something similar?