so where are we?

MikeG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

Don't try to blame it on the media...you have to give them something to work with...besides it isn't their job to promote USF football.

The Marketing Department isn't a good promoter of USF Football.

Jim Leavitt is a good coach, but he isn't very good at promoting  USF football.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeG

• USFMikeB

• E.T.

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

It would be a nice and a boost to see a USF or BULLS logo, or an event advert, at some of those other prestigous sporting events. IMO, that would raise at least a little interest in/from the unawarefan base.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,802
  • Days Won:  213

it is a shame that on a post like this-- one celebrting what we have accomplished, that we have the same old tired posters who relish throwing crappy comments out there that we've heard from them over and over. Pollution is a *****.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

I was thinking about the program and what is going on what with our second bowl game at a so-so new venue with a smaller than average payout and what some feel is a less than attractive opponent.

Where are we as a program I asked myself?

Right where we are supposed to be-- earning our stripes.

It takes bowl games like this to build a reputation. And it is important that stress to all our Bull brethren how great it would be for them to make it to the bowl game. We need to show people we can bring fans. They know we can play football-- more or less -- with the big boys.

So I feel good about the whole thing and hope it all works out. I anticipate a decent crowd from both schools, a good game that is entertaining (and hopefully a win for the Bulls), and some nice press locally since we have plenty of separation from other things going on. If the massively struggling Bucs game that Sunday gets more press than our bowl game-- I will be a little upset. It will afterall be about the only news we see about USF football until the spring time or during signing day.

Anyway-- just thought I'd chime in with those thoughts. The ones who we really need to step it up right now is the Tampa community and our alumni to fill those seats and pick up their end of the deal.

GO BULLS!!

can you do one of these post for basketball?

I was thinking about the program and what is going on what with our second bowl game at a so-so new venue with a smaller than average payout and what some feel is a less than attractive opponent.

Where are we as a program I asked myself?

Right where we are supposed to be-- earning our stripes.

It takes bowl games like this to build a reputation. And it is important that stress to all our Bull brethren how great it would be for them to make it to the bowl game. We need to show people we can bring fans. They know we can play football-- more or less -- with the big boys.

So I feel good about the whole thing and hope it all works out. I anticipate a decent crowd from both schools, a good game that is entertaining (and hopefully a win for the Bulls), and some nice press locally since we have plenty of separation from other things going on. If the massively struggling Bucs game that Sunday gets more press than our bowl game-- I will be a little upset. It will afterall be about the only news we see about USF football until the spring time or during signing day.

Anyway-- just thought I'd chime in with those thoughts. The ones who we really need to step it up right now is the Tampa community and our alumni to fill those seats and pick up their end of the deal.

GO BULLS!!

maybe for the Rodenko years but this is not the pint of the thread so please DO NOT talk about basketball on this thread

can you do one of these post for basketball?

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

something is wrong with you for being intolerant of other's opinions

Hello, pot meet kettle.  You the least tolerant person on this board.

something is wrong with you for being intolerant of other's opinions

Hello, pot meet kettle.  You the least tolerant person on this board.

you mispelled intelligent

it is a shame that on a post like this-- one celebrting what we have accomplished, that we have the same old tired posters who relish throwing crappy comments out there that we've heard from them over and over. Pollution is a *****.

Mike, don't you realize that we aren't allowed to have any positive thoughts about our program?  People on this board don't want to hear from people who actually enjoy USF athletics, they just want to attack anyone and everyone that has a positive perspective.  We have a horrible fanbase, one of the worst in the country.

MODS

PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE GOLDEN BRAHMAN FORUM and feel free to remove the posts of smazza into the dumbgeon

THE GOLDEN BRAHMAN FORUM

What is this?