Gator's LOSER Linebacker Arrested for 3rd Time

The Sheriff

Guest S.  Bien

Youre right S. Bien.  It has nothing to do with the fact that our basketball program sucks and our football program is now the bread and butter of our athletic department, if not our university.  What was I thinking...

Interesting, you can be the conspirator but I would certainly love to know where you derive your facts?  Are you trying to accuse our Administration of playing favorites?  On what basis?

What is lenient in your eyes?  Was it the indefinite suspension for LRS on a charge he was eventually acquitted for, how about Frank Davis' two game suspension for a misdemeanor, or the dismissals of Houston, Halliburton, McKay, and others for various infractions that would go largely overlooked at bigger football factories.

I imagine you've taken what is perceived as leniency on the Fisher case, although many that pass such judgement are unaware of all the circumstances surrounding the situation.  

Here's your quote:

Meanwhile, everybody bashed Seth for his undisciplined players getting in trouble.  People that live in glass houses....

And I say again, that's because Seth only had 15 players to watch over, and he did a piss poor job of it, as typically 50% of his team was on academic probation at any given point, and we had numerous events that tattered his program.  I will give Seth one thing he was good at hiding his dirty laundry, like BB and all of his failed test's.  Not the class kind either.

Whatever, if the point of your original post was to challenge someone that's ridiculous.  My point was obvious, when you have as many as 110 players affiliated with your team, and recruits, its easy to seem that things happen more often, and they are lenient. Although, basketball has 15 players, so the frequency, and severity should be more minimal (1 coach for every 5 players unlike football that has one coach for every 14 players- BIG DIFFERENCE).  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

S Bien... Seth is long gone, but unless you have proof that he hid failed drug tests for BB Waldon, that is a rumor I would not want affiliated with my name. If Seth really did hide the tests, talk away. But that is very damaging to a coach's rep IMO without proof to back it up!

Guest S.  Bien
S Bien... Seth is long gone, but unless you have proof that he hid failed drug tests for BB Waldon, that is a rumor I would not want affiliated with my name. If Seth really did hide the tests, talk away. But that is very damaging to a coach's rep IMO without proof to back it up!

The rumor was when BB allegedly failed a drug test and was suspended, it wasn't the first time.

I'll leave it at that.  The point is Seth had a lot of things go on during his tenure.  How he handled it, and how often they occurred is now water under the bridge but its hardly accurate to state that Seth was wrongfully accused, and that football has swept its issues under the rug because of performance.  Because even when we were performing well in basketball we still had problems- does the name Greg Brittian ring a bell.

Again, water under the bridge, but I am not about to pat Seth on the back either.

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

There were guys on the football team that failed drug tests when I played and didn't get suspended. I'm not sure how many BB failed, but it's not one failed test and you're suspended. I believe if you failed, they called your folks, you sign some documentation that allows the school and the NCAA free will to drug test you whenever, and hopefully you don't get busted a second time. At least that is how I remember a certain person explaining to me after he popped. Weed wise, I'd say the percentage of athletes that smoke is lower than the average of regular students at school, but still too high IMO. I blame it on people's upbringing.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

positive drug test.

why not suspend right away?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Interesting, you can be the conspirator but I would certainly love to know where you derive your facts?  Are you trying to accuse our Administration of playing favorites?  On what basis?

What is lenient in your eyes?  Was it the indefinite suspension for LRS on a charge he was eventually acquitted for, how about Frank Davis' two game suspension for a misdemeanor, or the dismissals of Houston, Halliburton, McKay, and others for various infractions that would go largely overlooked at bigger football factories.

I imagine you've taken what is perceived as leniency on the Fisher case, although many that pass such judgement are unaware of all the circumstances surrounding the situation.  

Here's your quote:

Meanwhile, everybody bashed Seth for his undisciplined players getting in trouble.  People that live in glass houses....

And I say again, that's because Seth only had 15 players to watch over, and he did a piss poor job of it, as typically 50% of his team was on academic probation at any given point, and we had numerous events that tattered his program.  I will give Seth one thing he was good at hiding his dirty laundry, like BB and all of his failed test's.  Not the class kind either.

Whatever, if the point of your original post was to challenge someone that's ridiculous.  My point was obvious, when you have as many as 110 players affiliated with your team, and recruits, its easy to seem that things happen more often, and they are lenient. Although, basketball has 15 players, so the frequency, and severity should be more minimal (1 coach for every 5 players unlike football that has one coach for every 14 players- BIG DIFFERENCE).  

Seth was here for what?  Six years?  He had about 11 players on the team each year give or take one.  All in all he probably had around 35 different players in six years.  Your post says 50% of those players were on academic probation meaning about 17 players in 6 years.   I want the names of those 17 players S. Bien.   I also want the dates of the alleged drug tests that BB Waldon failed.  You are asking where I derive my facts?  I want to know where you get yours.

The original point of my post had nothing to do with our "administration".  I don't see where I ever said that.  My post is that people like you put on blinders when it comes to our football team yet bash Seth for not running a clean program.  I don't care how many players he has on his team, some of them get in trouble with the law/academically etc.  Your argument about the percentage of players to coaches is pointless, we are supposed to be recruiting upstanding citizens regardless of the sport.  Both programs have had numerous suspensions yet you bash Seth and laud Leavitt.  Stop being a hypocrite.  How many players did Seth actually suspend at one time or another.  He drove away the problem children like Kelvin Brown after disciplining/suspending him numerous times.  He suspended/ disciplined on numerous occassions the following: BB, Altron, Brittain, Will McD, Terrence Leather and probably several others that escape me.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

it happens everywhere

it is a non issue