Good Luck and Best Regards

upperdeck

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

Anyway -- my theory is that we are too young and the university is in the middle of morphing.  We used to be worthy of the commuter school label and it takes time for people to change.  We have built a lot of on campus dorms and the university is getting well known for its research and grad programs.  So that impression will take time to die away.

In fact, I figure that a whole generation has to go by until people have grown up with Bulls football.  Most people grew up choosing sides -- gators or seminoles.  After a generation of Bulls graduates who have always had Bull's football in their lifetime, it will be different.

I second that

All USF has to do is keep on winning...Ws=reconition=fan support=booster$$=new stadium=all kind of cool stuff

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upperdeck

• hbryan

• paintingitpurple

• Cubanbull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  135

Anyway -- my theory is that we are too young and the university is in the middle of morphing.  We used to be worthy of the commuter school label and it takes time for people to change.  We have built a lot of on campus dorms and the university is getting well known for its research and grad programs.  So that impression will take time to die away.

In fact, I figure that a whole generation has to go by until people have grown up with Bulls football.  Most people grew up choosing sides -- gators or seminoles.  After a generation of Bulls graduates who have always had Bull's football in their lifetime, it will be different.

I second that

All USF has to do is keep on winning...Ws=reconition=fan support=booster$$=new stadium=all kind of cool stuff

It's different in Florida and in an NFL/MLB/NHL area...also, I hate to say it but we have serious front runners around here

I second that

It's different in Florida and in an NFL/MLB/NHL area...also, I hate to say it but we have serious front runners around here

granted....but really what other option does USF have?....You are not painting a rosy picture for the future.  I happen to believe success of the field will bring sucess in every aspect of your University...I think USF will be fine...maybe the growth will not be a quick as it has been....NUMBER1...you gotta build a loyal fanbase that CARES about your program and wont give up even when you suck for a couple of years...which WILL happen. It happens to just about everyone....I should know...it been a tought 5 to 6 years for us ...but we still managed to have 30k in attendance to see a team that only won 3 games in 2 years....Thats what builds programs in the long run..Good luck....seeya in BHM

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  936

I'm excited about our future. I think USF Football has BIG things to come, especially with Grothe behind the reins. Look out BE. Next year is going to be a GREAT year.

Would be nice to fill the stadium, thats for sure.

Great discussion.

I'm excited about our future. I think USF Football has BIG things to come, especially with Grothe behind the reins. Look out BE. Next year is going to be a GREAT year.

Would be nice to fill the stadium, thats for sure.

Great discussion.

You should be proud of the USFs accomplishments....I dare guess that no University has ever come so far so fast as USF has...Its really quite amazing...I think the going will be tougher in the future...but winning is the key and so far thats been no problem...good luck...just not at the pizza bowl ;)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I second that

It's different in Florida and in an NFL/MLB/NHL area...also, [highlight]I hate to say it but we have serious front runners around here[/highlight]

You've got that right!