Good Luck and Best Regards

upperdeck

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Chill out man. Youre just on the wrong board. The students mostly use university-exclusive website message boards like at partyecu.com. If you go on the piratefans.net boards or the rivals board, its a lot more open to flaming. The majority of the people to the BYB are a little above all of that. They are mostly nonlocal alumnus who use the byb as a means for both sharing and spreading information and keeping in contact with each other. It is not your traditional athletics board, thats for sure. But there was no way for you guys to know that of course. Thats why theyve never changed the format to a more user-friendly thread-mode format, because they dont realy care to invite flamers and its ensuing vulgarity onto that board. Thats my opnion anyway. I'm a student, but im also a die hard pirate and the byb guys always have much more information than anyone else around because a lot of them are very active upper-eschelon pirate club members.

I just wanted to clarify this because i know how it made us look when we banned usf fans for not really crossing the traditional line persay. But thats what the deal is. I hope that adds a little more explanatin, and if you are looking for more lively discussion and a little more flaming to get you going, id be happy to link you some other sites. The people on the rivals board know very little, but theyre def more what youd expect from an athletics board.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upperdeck

• hbryan

• paintingitpurple

• Cubanbull

Like UD said though. If you are interested in actually discussing the game, discussing birmingham, discussing the weather, pretty much anything except how bad we both suck and hate each other, im sure you could get back on the byb no problem, and its actually a pretty sweet board, as far as info goes. Info on the byb is usually strong quick and accurate, and discussions, actual discussions are usually of pretty decent quality.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

Paintingitpurple is correct about the byb

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Fair enough.  A bunch of oldtimers who like to stew in those own juices.  I know the type, just make sure they change their Depends before arriving in BHam.  That's a stink that's better left in NC.

There you go...Talking dirty :)

See not so much flaming as making the board humorous as well.  Minor hijynx that will get you 86'd at the BYB.  That's just not a fun place, too serious for me.

I'm gonna go with hbryan being the lunatic fringe here and giving bulls fans a chance. kids got 28 posts. man I got 28 posts on this board, and i was on last sat and sun and then last night, so chances are he doesnt exactly speak for the minority down in tampa

I'm gonna go with hbryan being the lunatic fringe here and giving bulls fans a chance. kids got 28 posts. man I got 28 posts on this board, and i was on last sat and sun and then last night, so chances are he doesnt exactly speak for the minority down in tampa

I've frequented the board for the past couple of years, just never posted.  Wanted to get a little more involved this year, so I boosted my donor level, bought more season tickets, took in a road game, etc.  Ex Univ. of Colorado student who graduated from USF and has been a season ticket holder since year 1.  Definitely not lunatic fringe - just not too serious to joke around.

Fair enough....but comparing Barney to the Pirates....Barneys gonna be pissed ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

Fair enough....but comparing Barney to the Pirates....Barneys gonna be pissed ;D

If you can take all the crap we spew in between games, you gotta be alright.  When I first started posting last year, I was mortified that people talked to each other like the smack I have seen (ok, and now posted).  After getting to know the posters here, I can see where they are all doing it in fun.  Just picture them leaning back with a beer in their hands and a big wide smile as they smack.  All in fun.  It is just a little shocking when it is first encountered.  You have to realize that it would be ANY school that would recieve this treatment.  Not because we think we are better than everyone else, it's just that...well, there is no other way to say it but -- What would you expect from a Bull other than Bull*^&t?

I don't know -- kind of like some initiation thing, you know?  Anyway, thanks for taking it so well.  Now go back and explain it to Barbara and all the rest of the pansies at the boneyard who got their feelings hurt!  Sheesh!

Welcome!