Good Luck and Best Regards

upperdeck

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Subject: Re: Dont post to the Bullpen......  

Posted by: upperdeck on Sun Dec 3 2006 8:41:48 PM  

Just read the crap they are spewing and send it to the ECU athletic

Dept. for lockeroom motivation...They have NO respect for us and

think this game will not even be close.

Hmmm...will the real upperdeck please stand up?  And still we allow you guys on our board. That shows confidence on our part.

Gotta' hand it to you there, Dad......that's some nice detective work!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upperdeck

• hbryan

• paintingitpurple

• Cubanbull

I knew from the day that USF went D1 that being in the Tampa market...And yes...I knew USF was in Tampa....that your program would take off....The talent pool in Fla. is rich that there was plenty go around....I will say however...that USF had an incredible case of great timing and well as a solid football team when the BE came calling.....Hey I congratulate USF for making the most of the opportunity.

Yes, USF's football program is solid AND the Tampa Bay market helped... but other factors worked in our favor.

1) Research.  USF is among the nations leaders in sponsored research.  USF is ranked at the highest level by Carnegie Foundation.  USF also has a large number of graduate-level programs.

2) Olympic Sports.  In the short membership in Conference USA - 10 years (?) - USF won more conference championships in all sports than any other school.

3) Florida.  You've noted that the Sunshine State has a large pool of high school talent.  Having the Big East teams rotate through the state gives them better access to the states recruits.  (We may not like it, but those schools can still get Florida athletes.)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

I could have denied it...I didnt...At the time I meant it.  There HAVE been some pretty ugly things said about my Alma Mater here....Im understand that its the same with our crowd....It needs to stop...both ways....I wont be a part of that.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  30

You know, if you look back on your boards about what your fans have said not about our football skills, but about our town, our school, our fans, our state, and even our freakin mascot, is it any wonder someone posted some negative comments about your extremely negative fans last week on OUR BOARD? I will be the first to admit, I came over here early last week and got into it with a couple of you guys because it was absolutlely frustrating to hear about how we are nothing and cusa is nothing and its a disgrace that you have to play on the same field as us. And so worse than upperdeck, wo called you out on OUR board, i was an idiot and actualy started crap on here. Then cooler heads prevailed, on both ends. I sincerely apologized, not for the way i felt or even reacted to what you guys were saying, but for making it an issue on YOUR board. Your board is your board, and we are not entitled to any minimal amount of respect i suppose while here on your board.

But  for god sakes, if the guys over here with a gesture of goodwill, like i and other pirate fans have on here and vise versa, let it die and surely dont call him out for a post he made on his own board.

We are less than three weeks from a great bowl game, and it should be type of atmosphere in which we are happy to be there. 10 years ago you didnt have a team. 5 years ago we stopped having a team. I would love to party with you guys , meet you, toss a few back down in bham. i think everyone would. I already got bullrunner on the list man.

I think the we're gonna beat the hell outta you cause you suck argument is pretty dead. How about the stats talks, the attendance comparisons, that kinda stuff man. im more guilty of it than anything, but i really would like to see the mood around this whole thing seriously improve over the next 3 weeks.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

ECU does have a very good fan base.  Didn't you guys average about 37K a game this year.  That's good for CUSA.  Also, I believe you're expanding your stadium to near 48-50K, correct? So the fan base is there.  My suggestion for any CUSA team wanting to get into BE, is do whatever it takes to become like a Boise State.  If ECU can consistently win 10 games for the next several years that would bode well during the next conference shakeup.  We were coming off a 9-2 season when the BE expanded, in addition to the other reasons mentioned as to why we were picked.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
[highlight]I could have denied it...I didnt[/highlight]...At the time I meant it.  There HAVE been some pretty ugly things said about my Alma Mater here....Im understand that its the same with our crowd....It needs to stop...both ways....I wont be a part of that.

To your credit, sir.  I didn't make any remarks about how stupid you are, or anything of that nature.  I was, in fact, glad to see you just came right out and acknowledged it!

I just thought that was some good investigative work by "Dad."

That is all...

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

There are going to be flamers from both sides and of course if you come to our boards blasting us you are not going to get decent replies. The same with those of our posters that have posted negative on your boards.

Both schools have many good points about them and it serves NO purpose to put the other down

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

There are going to be flamers from both sides and of course if you come to our boards blasting us you are not going to get decent replies. The same with those of our posters that have posted negative on your boards.

Both schools have many good points about them and it serves NO purpose to put the other down

But man is it fun on occasion.  Especially when their fan board won't allow you on or won't allow to say the most unaggressive stuff.  It's like a liberal Barney fest over there - I luv you, you luv me, we all luv ECU---get your purple pant's and shirts on-----Weeeeeee!! ;D

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

I agree with you that Randy has been a little quick on the trigger with your posters....Keep trying  to get on...I think we have some guys that will like to talk about the game in a civil manner with USF fans.