Is Matt Grothe the best quarterback in Florida?

Apis Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Sorry 94, I thought You were calling me a dingleberry. No big deal.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apis Bull

• Joe

• Bull Martin

• ___ Eats It

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, i started the Ari dingleberry thing.  This downward spiral of a thread is partially my fault.  i just thought it was absurd to say our qb is better than the qb of the #1 team and the obvious heisman winner in arguably one of the toughest conferences.  I made a quick comment about it and didnt really think anyone would disagree or care that much.  Its like saying Michael Jordan is better than Magic johnson, they are both nasty just one is the best..  I, in no way intended to be negative or bring in ari's rants.  but cmon sometimes his rants are funny.  Dingleberry now thats funny

Go Bulls.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Bull94, where did I suggest Kyle Wright was better than Grothe? Grothe is the 2nd best QB right now and you could make the argument (althought I think it might be a stretch at this point) that he is the best QB in Florida.

I'm not going to base Tebow's performance on one pass that was a designed run. Tebow broke a good majority of the state passing records while in high school, including compeltions and passing yards. I think he'll be fine in that department.

As for Josh Portis, I dunno much about the kid outside that he left UF for an ACC school. However, I do know he was recruited by many teams to be a DB. Comparing Tebow to Portis is probably not a fair comparison.

I agree though Grothe has proven it, and is without a doubt the best QB not named Leak in the state of Florida at this point.

Joe,

I didn't say you thought Wright was better than Grothe. Ari Dingleberry said that. He also thought Weatherford was better. I only pointed out that Weatherford has been benched and wright is terrible. Not sure who he is refering to about T Smith but I never said Grothe was better. Matt still has some time left in college to improve though.

I agree with you Joe. I think the stats show that Grothe is by far at least the 2nd best QB in the state. I don't care about potential. Only actual stats.

Steve,

you may be somewhat biased becasue I believe Tebow's body of work as you call it is somewhat limited. He's thrown exactly 19 passes in college. He has 2 TD passes and one of them didn't look like any pass I have ever seen. Hardly a body of work. He's done more work as a runner in college then he has as a QB. I could care less what he did in high school. There have been many stud high school QB's that have never amounted to squat in  college. I believe the arguement was concerning college not what they accomplished in high school.

I don't care about the Gators. In fact I'm indifferent to them. I'm tired of the hype that players get before they have ever stepped onto the field of play. Both in college and the pros.

It's funny how more "USF fans"  on a USF message board get their panties in a bunch over what is said about the UF qb.

exactly my point.  Everytime this grothe vs tebow thing is brought up i say the same thing, you cant compare the two because one is a back up who gets very limited playing time while the other is a full time starter.  In my opinion to compare the two is stupid because they both arent starters.  Bringing up seeing him play was merely to say that i have seen him throw a good amount of passes and he does have touch which you were saying he didnt because of one pass you have seen him throw.  Most here just choose to bash the kid because he wears a gators helmet on saturdays and some even go to as far to acuse the kid of using steroids both of which i think are stupid.  If you want my opinion on them at this point and time i DO think Grothe is further along in his development than tebow because he is a full time starter and has a redshirt year under his belt  to grasp our system as ive said in other threads.  What bothers me about the whole comparison thing is that people that say the kid sucks when you dont have enough evidence one way or another, and you certainly dont have enough evidence to say the kid is on steroids.  Basically in closing the Grothe vs Tebow comparisons are stupid until both become starters then you can compare and debate all you want.  

And sorry im not as good a bulls fan as you because i can appreciate good players from other teams and not acuse them of being on steroids.  Some of the stuff on this board is quite retarded guess i cant like NIU's Wolf either, besids he probably takes steroids anyways  ::)

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I think the people on this board go a little over board sometimes.

Grothe is pretty good.  This idea that Weatherford is bad -- is just a joke.  The guy took his team to an ACC championship last year...  and lost in the orange bowl on a overtime kick..

I think weatherford's problem is the offense he is given to run.

Grothe is good.  Above average.  And excellent for a freshmen QB..

But Weatherford was a red shirt freshment - -just like grothe is -- and he tore it up last year.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

You guys can't just say let me finish this arguement once and for all and think it'll magically go away.  Yu fools! all of you, with the exception of Steve Lurkle.

So let me say:

I'll end this arguement once and for all!!! Pat Julmiste is #! #2 and #3.  He's the superman of QBS. PJ for Hiesman!!!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You guys can't just say let me finish this arguement once and for all and think it'll magically go away.  Yu fools! all of you, with the exception of Steve Lurkle.

So let me say:

I'll end this arguement once and for all!!! Pat Julmiste is #! #2 and #3.  He's the superman of QBS. PJ for Hiesman!!!

Im on board for this lets make up shirts and buttons, ITS NOT TO LATE TO SWAY THE HEISMAN VOTERS!!!!!

PJ PJ PJ PJ PJ PJ PJ PJ!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Can I have a button? I'd pay for one. A shirt too even.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

This PJ ragging was funny last year when he was such a frustration as a up/down qb.

This year when he is simply a tremendous teamate its just plain mean and stupid.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  152

Grothe is a straight up gamer, he just seems to have that X factor, a spark that wont die.

If you are on facebook join the group Matt Grothe for Heisman

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

I will say that "TO HIS TEAM" Matt is the most important QB.  

GO BULLS.