Oliver Withdrew Because Of Legal Issues

bullwark

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

$30k was a darn good price to avoid the potential problems if Oliver had been hired.  Congrats to Neinas on getting this resolved before a contract was signed.

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

MikeG... I know you're trying to play devil's advocate and take it the other way, but Oliver pulled out after his past was brought up by the consulting firm. Pulling out for his own reasons is like the small talk he said existed between the prosecutor and his lawyer. I can deal with people who smoke out... but cocaine... that is a hard drug that he POSSIBLY experimented with 13 years ago. I for one am glad we didn't hire him... didn't want him until it came down between him and the FORMER-St. Louis AD and that was because of football, and now feel vindicated that the person that kept their nose clean got the job!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

this kind of stuff he should have brought forward on his own

let those making the decision decide early if they still want you

then if you get this far you still get the job.

in today's internet world nothing is safely hidden. hope this is a lesson

to many young folks out there.

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

They should, but the reality is that they don't.  That's why you have go through due diligence.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

i simply don't think his past would have been an issue

for me it certainly wasn't

91 was along time ago and he hurt no one and has obviously got his house in order

i hope his past wasn't reason we didn't hire him>that would have been wrong.

if would otherwise been hired we should have hired him and told him thaT HIS PAST IS PAST

Smazza... would you hire a hot shot lawyer to a big salary if you knew he got arrested for coke but later dismissed? Think about it... coke is more accessible to the big money ballers than the average joes out there... and even in Oliver's statement, I didn't feel convinced (not that what I think matters here) that he really felt any hardship about what happened. My lawyer took care of it... does that sound like someone who wasn't really a coke user and sorry about it? Just wondering what ya think if the situation was brought to the Baltimore Orioles of Law Firms and you had to make the call!

Here's his exact quote...

"There was a point early on in my life where I made some mistakes," Oliver said Thursday. "I'm not proud of those things. I wasn't convicted of anything.

"It was a less than a gram of cocaine I was arrested for. It wasn't clear who was in possession. I took responsibility for being in possession at the time of arrest."

Oliver pleaded not guilty and the charges were dropped before trial in July 1993, in Boise, Idaho, his hometown.

"I don't know the exact reasons, that was a conversation between my lawyer and the prosecutor," Oliver said.

Sounds like Mayor Marion Berry of Washington DC to me. "The ***** Framed Me!" He doesn't act accountable at all IMO. Anyone else agree or disagree with me?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

let this subject die. he choose to withdraw. he is not the usf AD end of story.

for the grassy knoll bunch : makes you wonder if nienas knew this stuff ahead of time then when his pal didn't get the job he undercut oliver,hmmmm?!?