Another Arrest

Guest Harvey Jones

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, you guys remember a little thing called The Bill of Rights? It states a little "something" about freedom of speech. You may want to read it.

While I am a die-hard USF fan, I couldn't imagine a board without BOTH views on any particular topic. It makes you think, it gives perspective, and it's fun as hell bashing the poster when you don't agree.

Don't know about the rest of you, and you probably couldn't care less, but you ban people from posting here, and I'm gone too.

I had quite a see-saw verbal battle with Mike G a few months ago, and because of being able to voice our opinions I now have a great deal of respect for the guy and I've never even met him.

I just think everyone should have an voice. Good or bad.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TripleB

• Velcro

• CyberBull

• bulls96go

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

amen

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Fine, everyone should have their views heard... but when you have one UCF poster posting under 5 different names anonymously, half the time pretending to be a USF fan, with no email address attached to it, it is tough to hold them responsible for what they say.  If we force registration, they still can say what they want, but they can't hide behind anonymous handles.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

vg-good point

can't everyone just use one screen name

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Even though we might not like what dude up there has to say let him say it and we'll respond in kind, lets not become one of those boards, JMHO

It has nothing to do with not about reading things we don't like.  It's about having to wade through 10 posts worth of crap to reading something worthwhile. If the board is allowed to become a garbage dump for obsessed UCFers then at some point it's going to stop being a place where it's worth our time to continue to read on a regular basis.

There is a difference between having an unpopular opinion and posting crap like the this moron.  This is a board for USF fans. That is the purpose of this of this board.

Ignoring these idiots doesn't solve the problem of legitimate threads scrolling off the first page. We shouldn't have to wade through the growing number of stupid threads like this to find intelligent USF related discussion.

jfcohio: even if the First Amendment did apply on a private message board (which it doesn't) this would be akin to yelling "Fire" in a crowed movie theater. Not all speech is protected.

This is Brad's board and it is up to him to decide what can or can't be posted.  Furthermore it's not about censoring ideas. Do you really think this guy has any interest in "discussing the other side of the issue"? Posts like this should be either moved to a smack board or just outright deleted, especially when it comes from a "guest".

Fortunately, the solution is simple: ban guest posting privileges. Alternatively, have post like this deleted or moved to the appropriate board.

I guess the underlying question is whether the board is here to serve legitimate USF fans or to protect the smack privileges of dim-witted and obsessed UCFers? IMO, if I am speaking up there are at least a few more like me that are also getting tired of the crap.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Hey, you guys remember a little thing called The Bill of Rights? It states a little "something" about freedom of speech. You may want to read it.

While I am a die-hard USF fan, I couldn't imagine a board without BOTH views on any particular topic. It makes you think, it gives perspective, and it's fun as hell bashing the poster when you don't agree.

Don't know about the rest of you, and you probably couldn't care less, but you ban people from posting here, and I'm gone too.

I had quite a see-saw verbal battle with Mike G a few months ago, and because of being able to voice our opinions I now have a great deal of respect for the guy and I've never even met him.

I just think everyone should have an voice. Good or bad.  

Pay attention. This has nothing to do with the Bill of Rights or freedom of speech. It has to do with accountability. While there is hardly any on message boards to begin with, we're just asking that if they're going to come on the board making wild-ass, frivolous comments, make them register.

Death to all Guests.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Hey, I said nothing about making them register. They should have to register. However, you can still register on most sites under bogus names, emails, etc.

I just say people should get to voice different opinions. You have to admit that there are some "rose colored" opinions even when it's bad news.

It's actually kinda nice to see how others view what happens at USF, or with players, etc.  

If you know it's some dude from UCF, just drive to his house, apt., or condo, and pay him a visit. Some USF bull horns jammed up the center of his buttocks could make him stop. However, that's kinda contradicting my own point...

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I agree, people can register under bogus names... but this site requires a valid email address to register, if we block guest posting.

If we have their email address, we at least have some recourse on the person if they are posting garbage, just for the sake of being a thorn in peoples side, rather than actually wanting to discuss something.  

It gives admins the ability to email the person and request changing their posting style if they are posting vulgarities, slanderous comments, etc etc.

And it allows us to more easily block people that have violated board policies.  

The one negative is that it might cause people to leave without ever posting at all since they might not want to give out their email address.

There are pros ans cons, but all in all, i'm beginning to favor no guest posting, since it really doesn't block peoples opinions, just makes the quick strike, dropping dirt type of people to have to work harder to be a pain in the arse.

Hey, I said nothing about making them register. They should have to register. However, you can still register on most sites under bogus names, emails, etc.

I just say people should get to voice different opinions. You have to admit that there are some "rose colored" opinions even when it's bad news.

It's actually kinda nice to see how others view what happens at USF, or with players, etc.  

Agreed. No censorship, just some semblance of accountability .............

If you know it's some dude from UCF, just drive to his house, apt., or condo, and pay him a visit. Some USF bull horns jammed up the center of his buttocks could make him stop.

That should be doable ....................

There are pros ans cons, but all in all, i'm beginning to favor no guest posting, since it really doesn't block peoples opinions, just makes the quick strike, dropping dirt type of people to have to work harder to be a pain in the arse.

Vg, is this something Brad's got to approve? I'd say you should take the Bull by the horns, so to speak, and cut them off at the knees NOW ..........   8)