Student Section

Ricky the Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

I liked Moises' earlier post; is there something wrong with having the reps in the USF ticket office mention to the buyers "green is the preferred shirt color for this game" not as a request, but as an FYI?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricky the Bull

• USFMikeB

• ksquire

• Economics_Nerd82

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130

In my opinion wearing green, gold, or whatever color by us doesn't matter to me. As long as the student section is full, that's all you could ask for...When I looked from the student section I could've swore there were thousands of Rutgers fans everywhere. Nothing but a sea of red shirts...OH WAIT! THEY WERE EMPTY SEATS. A pathetic showing by the alumni and the community.

The was girl in the front row of the student section wearing a red t-shirt with USF in white.  A very poor choice of "USF" attire to wear to a game against Rutgers.

There are many people - including seasons ticket holders-  who can not attend Friday night games due to having other commitments.  

Many of the empty seats are UNSOLD SEATS which at times are occupied when we face an opponent that has a large following.  FAMU, UCF, UL, Army etc.

Many empty seats could have been filled by students who spend their time socializing behind Malcom's yatch rather than watching the game.

As far as "all you can ask for" goes,  how about more students coming to the game  -  the tickets are free- there is no shortage of seats - if they come USF will have to create additional student sections.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130

How about we have students line up with lists of their U numbers to get shirts?   ;D ;D ;D

Kidding, kidding...

$24.00 shirts for $5.00 - Such a deal! ;D

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

How about we have students line up with lists of their U numbers to get shirts?   ;D ;D ;D

Kidding, kidding...

$24.00 shirts for $5.00 - Such a deal! ;D

Yeah not a good idea. The Greek Treasurer would take them all. You'll see USF SBC shirts all over Ebay.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

leaving the shirts on seats can work, it worked at a UT basketball game last year when we did the human checkerboard.

And everyone wearing green does not look good at all, the dark green just blends in.  Wear gold, it is much more distinct.  

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231

First of all, it was great to see another great turnout of students and their enthusiasm throughout the game.  It seems like the football game is starting to become the 'thing to do'.

Looking at student section last night, I couldn't help but think that it would be great if there was some sort of concerted effort to wear the same color, especially on national TV.  Last night, from where I sat, you really couldn't have looked at that end of the field and determined what our colors were if you didn't already know.

I realize that this is an issue with the rest of the stands, as well, but maybe something started by the students will spread.

Body paint excluded, is it possible for the SBC to call for a 'Green Out' for the UConn game?

I completely agree with you that there should be a shirt made for the students to wear to every home game.  Last night watching the Iowa game, all their students were wearing the same Gold shirt.  Next week against Boston College, FSU is asking everyone to wear Black shirts (as Nike made them special black uniforms for the game).  

Something needs to get done, remember a couple of years ago for bball they passed out gold shirts for the Florida game and then Green for the Memphis game, it looked pretty sweet on tv.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Thing is...  If they gave free shirts out to one game, most people won't wear them to the next game.

Remember last year at the Dodge Shootout for Men's Basketball?  They had free shirts and wanted all of us to put them on at the same time.  Didn't work.  A lot of people didn't even put them on.  People just need to learn that green is our main color so they should try to wear it.