spoiled rotten fans

MikeG

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,801
  • Days Won:  213

It makes me sick to my stomach anytime USF loses-- not so much because we lost but to have to wade through the doom and gloom on this board.

Now don't get me wrong, all of those posts have some degree of truth and they certainly have the right to express themselves.

But here's my problem with it-- just 12 short years ago, we were only HOPING to have a team-- any team.

I certainly never expected us to have a team that would elevate itself into the BCS world (the BCS didn't exist back then but you get the point). I was surprised when we started out in the 1-AA ranks for that matter. And that we had early success was also a bonus. And to move to 1-A so fast made me swell with pride.

We've come a long way. While plenty of people want to focus on how far we haven't come just yet, I have to laugh at those folks. Who the hell do they think they are to think that USF deserves more respect or better than what they have done so far? I'm not settling-- but I feel we've been more than fortunate along the way. And there are greater things in store for this program down the line. That they haven't emerged immediately makes those who want to pick the situation apart scream bloody murder.

Perhaps we would have been better off without a football team at all so these people could continue on with their lives without being concerned that some 19-22 year old kids didn't make their recently contrived dreams come true.

I've always been of the opinion that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Yeah-- we could have won that game and shame on the people who don't atleast give those kids kudos for fighting down to the wire. They could have packed it in when Rutgers was making their last drive downt he field. They didn't and they got the ball back and almost pulled into a tie in astounding fashion. They fell short though which only helps the naysayers, wagon jumpers, and near-do-wells in their cause to blast away at every flaw in the USF football team armor.

Shame on those who can't see that we have a team that battles until the final whistle. Shame on them for lambasting a kid because he made some simple mistake as if it hurts them more than the guys on the team. Shame on people who give the coaching staff so uch crap for not delivering on things THEY never promised to anyone.

It's all a bunch of crap. We are emerging into a somebody in college football. That doesn't happen without some bumps and bruises along the way. If you can't stomach the hard times, perhaps a change of favorite teams is in order. Maybe you need to go the easy route and pick some perrenial powerhouse team as your own. Then when even they let you down-- you can kick the ground and whine about how this or that sucks and what you would change that would make everything all better.

It's a game folks-- it's entertainment. If you can't be a good sport and look at it objectively and simply hope for the best,  I feel sorry for you.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• puc86

• MikeG

• USFbulls0208

• smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

I blame /you it's hard to even visit the board with fans like that >:(

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Days Won:  2

where were all the fans in the last 5 minutes of the game?  In our section and those around us half of the people were already gone!  The team is behind and so you leave.  This sickens me  >:( >:(

Nice use of the / you tag, Puc.

Mike - You should know better than to introduce sound reasoning and common sense to this forum.  No matter how right you are, there is not a lot we can do about it.

The people who develop the source code for YaBB (the software running this great and glorious board) need to develop a way to allow an "ignore" feature.  That way we can tune out the idiots and allow for a greater, more intelligent discussion.

Regardless, I will say that even the nattering nabobs of negativity generate attention for the program.  As Congressman Mark Foley discovered the only bad publicity is being caught with a dead girl or live boy.

**** you! I wanted someone to bite ;D

Nice use of the / you tag, Puc.

Mike - You should know better than to introduce sound reasoning and common sense to this forum.  No matter how right you are, there is not a lot we can do about it.

The people who develop the source code for YaBB (the software running this great and glorious board) need to develop a way to allow an "ignore" feature.  That way we can tune out the idiots and allow for a greater, more intelligent discussion.

Regardless, I will say that even the nattering nabobs of negativity generate attention for the program.  As Congressman Mark Foley discovered the only bad publicity is being caught with a dead girl or live boy.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

**** what did I do??? LOL. Anyway there are different types of fans. The fans that expect USF to go 12-0, and the USF fans that are realist about where USF is at right now. My goal for this team is to make a bowl game and hopefully win the bowl game. That would help recruiting going into next season. I see next year as a year that USF can make some serious noise in the BIG EAST with home games against UL and WVU.  This USF fan understand what MikeG is talking about. There were days when we had to root for other schools because USF didnt have a team. I think part of having a good team is having the negative and positive fans. It makes this board more interesting. Some people take offense to what smazza, Ari, jhohio, etc have to say, but at least they are USF fans no matter how bad they rip the program.

P.S. One of the better T-shirts that I noticed last night said this, "ONCE A BULL, ALWAYS A BULL". That is a great shirt that I would love to buy.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

puc, I bit. **** you!!!!  ;D

I've always wanted a good reason to use that feature :)

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

never mind, i realize what is going on.  I know he's kidding  ;D. I hate when people use that function

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, you got me bad.........I was actually going over my recent posts to see if I had said something bad last night in a drunken stupor.  ;D