McCready plays huge roll in Scotland's win

The Sheriff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

Eight catches and some change... D-Rube plays but only has one incomplete pass thrown his way... come on DeAndrew, you got half a season to show them the talent you have! Scott is his normal consistent self... what else would be expected. Always has good numbers but never gets any recognition... hopefully he'll eventually get to play on Sundays!

The Sheriff

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

That's great about Scott.

I was reading their messageboard yesterday and there is one guy there who is his sponsor, but I'm not sure what that actually means:

Gav Strathearn

TDC Disciple

Gav is the proud sponsor of #87 Scott McCready: National Player of the Week and League Leader.

http://www.touchdownclaymores.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

I didn't register, but you might want to post there.

Part of Thread about today's game from Gav:

Gav Strathearn

TDC Disciple

Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:17 pm

Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My feeling is: what a difference a win makes. Offensively we were dire for large parts of the game, but lets be honest we still deserved to win, what did Rhein show that was so great? This is what happens when we get some O, it means that the efforts of the D aren't for nothing.

Only 3 points lost can really be put down to the D, where they let Hutchison pick up far too much on 3rd down even if he didn't convert.

However the other 3 were a result of turnovers which set the Fire up already in field position.

Something to think about for Jack/Vince Martino: We threw long twice. What happened?

Still Nate Hybl cannot ride his luck with one big play and the same goes with Ahmad Galloway who still flatters to deceive in my opinion. Mo Hicks was solid for most of the game and is a much more consistent performer who can also break tackles. Galloway went 5 for -5 on runs today and is averaging less than 20 yards per game.

Scott McCready: 8 catches again today, looking good :)  

Jimmy McClain had a fantastic game and was a worthy MVP. However the line were absolutely dominant and had Hutchison running all over the field all day long. Even if the sack at the end was needless from a Rhein perspective I'm glad we got it, Flicks performance merited it.

I can still pick out a handful of plays that I wasn't impressed with on D, there was one instance where a DB dropped back 8 yards on his man before the snap, not surprising the result was a quick hitch to that guy that turned into a first down. But just because we weren't perfect doesn't mean the D didn't play exceptionally well. Now that we've won can John give them a decent grade in his report?

I guess its "we want Tom" for next week. Anes TD pass saved some serious FTP face. But neither QB really stood out against the other today.

Gav is the proud sponsor of #87 Scott McCready: National Player of the Week and League Leader

Glasgow Sabres Proud to Support:

#10 WR Herb Haygood (Chiefs)

#25 CB Brad Franklin (Seahawks)

#56 LB Howard Clark (Eagles)

http://www.touchdownclaymores.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4006&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

great

Guest Roy the Mad Hatter

Hi guys from a fan of the Scottish Claymores who goes by the name of the Mad Hatter. I make and wear a differant hat at every game hence the name.,

It is always good to see people outside the Claymore fraternity  read and join in on the Touchdownclaymores Forum .

To answer your question HowieP

The Claymores run a sponsorship program where fans sponsor a player and for that sponsorship they recieve a game worn shirt of that player and a signed photograph. It is a good way to get to know the player and make the players feel welcome so far away from home.

Also there is a fan draft where several Fan Clubs hold a mock draft and players are "drafted" by that club. The idea being that the Player see his name on a banner around the ground to show support and has a famililar group of faces to see each week.

The Fan clubs also usually give a welcome pack of Scottish fayre and sometimes organise extra trips for the players on their days off. It is another tool to make the players feel welcome in Scotland and make the fans closer to the players.

It is rather unique in British Sport as unfortunately most of the sportsmen and their clubs are very distant from their fans.

As for Scott he and his family are having a great time over here in Scotland again although it is a standing joke about him being English and his wife is Scottish.

He is really having a great deal of success and his time with the Pats is really showing and has apparently several NFL teams interested in him for this season.

As for DeAndrew give him a bit of time ,he has only just moved over to the Claymores having played elsewhere in Europe so has to get to know the team and offence . They have the advantage of having been together since March.

Go Claymores

Guest Roy the Mad Hatter

squadphoto.jpg

A picture of the team for you. Unfortunately DeAndrew not in it. Scott wearing 87.

Guest Dave Ironside

Hi to all from Scotland!!

Scott McCready has made some big plays this year, great clutch catches and a brilliant TD catch in week 1 when he adjusted in mid air to a ball that struck a players helmet to grab it!!

Hes improved a hell of a lot from last season when I think he was hampered by an injury and hes doing all the right things to give him another deserved shot at the NFL.

Dave

www.611yards.homestead.com/

Thanks for responding to my post on your board and stopping by.

Hopefully, DeAndrew Rubin will do as well for you as he did for us. He's a very exciting player to watch.

squadphoto.jpg

A picture of the team for you. Unfortunately DeAndrew not in it. Scott wearing 87.

Thanks.

Here is a picture of DeAndrew:

RubinDeAndrew.jpg

Guest Slick (UK)

Hi guys, another Claymores fan from across the pond.

I had the pleasure to sponsor Scott last season, and I found him to be a great guy to speak to.

I seems that he is on a misson this season to get noticed - he seems to fearless about taking passes across the middle.

Thanks for all the info you guys are giving us  ;)

Cheers

Colin - PS - How easy is it to get tickets for your home games, I will be in Orlando for the Army game and I would love come a watch !