What made you a Bulls diehard?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Most of us on here are pretty much Bulls diehards --we know that and we are proud of it.

But what was it that converted you or turned you into a Bulls diehard?

For me, it was Bulls basketball. Dobras and Co. and then Atkins, they all gave much such joy back in the day. No tailgating, no games at One Malcom Place, just great hoops action in the Dome and getting to cheer on my Bulls.

And how it all started was some guys in Beta Hall (remember the world's slowest elevator?) brought me along one day for a game.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mag Pie

• FazaUSF

• 80mins

• BDYZR

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Days Won:  0

Was waiting for football ever since I graduated from USF in 1972.  Even followed UT football for awhile as a surrogate, but it was not very satisfying.  Did attend some Golden Brahman basketball games, even though BB is not my game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,278
  • Days Won:  29

I moved down from CT when I was in HS and didn't have a team up there. When I arrived in FL, meet up with friends that were ... fans of another team. I was also. I was a big fan, but not a DieHard to where I donated money or supported in any other way than go to the games.

Well, when I discovered that USF was gonna have a football team, I WAS PUMPED ! I started on the ground floor with the JAX Jaguars(was living in Daytona at the time), but college football is my LOVE! It did not matter that we were only 1AA or how long were would be there in 1AA.

So I announced to my friends that '96 was my final season wit the enemy ... and left in style with a Nat'l Championship.

So now I am doing what little I can to help My Beloved BULLS attain that same level.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

i went to the school 74-78

seem natural that i would be a fan

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Pretty much the day I enrolled at USF was the day I became a Bull. Iit got into my blood.  I'm pretty much a fan of all USF sports and proud to be a supporter of all Bulls academically, athletically and for that matter just about anything USF oriented.  Nothing wrong with being critical and opposed to some things from time to time, but I love having been and continuing to be  a part and supportive in any way I can  the growing tradition of OUR University.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

didnt go to usf until 02 after 2 years at fgcu in ft myers.  first year here was the 9-2 year with blackwell at the helm.  it was just such a fun time at the games and havent missed many home games since.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I soon as I transferred to USF I became a diehard fan.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Content Count:  3,416

became a fan the day I enrolled.... became a diehard on road trip to ga southern.... We almost pulled the upset that day, was interviewed by local radio prior to game (talked so much smack that fans that were standing around almost ran me down, they were 11-0 and had signs that said 11-0 perfect season I switched the 1 and 0 and held up sign 10-1 Imperfect season.... Rang my bell so hard that the middle piece flew off into their crowd (eventually was retrieved)...As we walked back to car felt a tremendous pride that we had arrived!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,185

I was somewhat a Bull fan ever since the 2001 football season (or whatever season whatever season we played Utah State at home).  Then I became the diehard Bull fan I am today beginning December 2002 when I recieved my acceptance letter to the University of South Florida.  Even though I have since transferred to Saint Leo in Summer 2005, I still hold a little place in me for the Bulls, and will forever.  I consider myself a half-alumni since I did put 2 years of time at USF.  Once I graduate from Saint Leo and get settled into a job, I do plan to be a season ticket holder.

Once a BULL, always a BULL!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

I'm just diehard.