Carlton Hill

Apis Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

I was hoping someone may have actually seen him play.

Here is what one of his opposing QB's had to say, (from the link I posted above):

Subject  Author  

Re: Top Quarterback prospect  IAmDaOne6  

I had a chance to not only see Carlton Hill play I played against him his soph. year in the state playoffs when he was at Rickards. I was the opposing quarterback from Milton and I've got to give lots of props to this guy. He's got a load of potential he's 6'4 210 has a very good arm and he has some serious wheels and a physical mentality. I saw him scramble around in the pocket during this game then break up field at full speed and lower his shoulder and run over our DE/TE<---(Delta St. /good player) who was 6'2 220 like he was a little leauger. Needless to say he had a nice blk eye for a good couple of weeks after. This guy is a real talent and if coached right could be among not only the best in the state but nation by end of his sr. yr.  

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papa_Bull

• Apis Bull

• bulls96go

• smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

We also offered another Top QB Harrison Beck from Clearwater, but Nebraska and some other schools have the inside track:

Posted: May 1, 2004

The Wolfpack Lurks Behind

New Husker Message

By Allen Wallace

National Recruiting Editor

"Also, there's a chance I could be a four-year starter if I went to Nebraska," says Florida QB Harrison Beck, who says the Huskers lead solidly over North Carolina State (already visited), Virginia (already visited), Iowa and Purdue. All have offered.

"Coaches from Miami (already visited), Florida (already visited) and LSU will all be at our spring practice next week and they told my coach that I should get offers from them..."

Harrison Beck

New Husker Message QB Harrison Beck (6-2, 210, 4.7) from Clearwater Country side (FL) says there's a 65% chance he'll end up playing for the Nebraska Cornuskers. "They have great tradition and great coaches," said Beck, who tripped to Lincoln where he was shocked to see 61,500 fans watching the Huskers air it out at their spring game.

"Their offense really looked good. The coaches are putting out a good message to their players--that they are committed to the passing game. They have great facilities there, a big weight room and I know they give you a lot of academic support. They are always there to keep you studying and they have a good communications program--which is what I want to major in.

"Also, there's a chance I could be a four-year starter if I went to Nebraska," concludes Beck, who says the Huskers lead solidly over North Carolina State (already visited), Virginia (already visited), Iowa and Purdue. All have offered, as well as Arizona, Duke, South Florida, Michigan State and Maryland. Nebraska offered me first, back in Jan, and that's also a reason I like them. I'll also go to the Nebraska camp and maybe the Virginia camp too.

"My coach's (John Davis) son is Jay Davis and he's a QB at North Carolina St. I think he starts for them. So I'm always hearing about North Carolina State and their coaches are always in contact with my coaches. I also like the area there. And they have good up-tempo practices and they also run our offense. Only the terminology is a little different.

"Coaches from Miami (already visited), Florida (already visited) and LSU will all be at our spring practice next week and they told my coach that I should get offers from them. If those schools offer, they'll probably be in my top five, but I wouldn't put them ahead of Nebraska or North Carolina St.

"I'll probably commit somewhere during the summer, before next season starts. I want to be able to focus on my team."

"I'd say my arm strength is my biggest asset. I can throw it 70 yds easily. And I read defenses well and have pretty good feet. When protection breaks down, I can make a play. I'm big in the fourth quarter when my team is down. I'm a leader.

"I can make every single read in the west coast offense, the stretches, the curl-flats and the high-lows. I can really come down on my reads and go through the progressions.

"I just need to fine tune things I think. I'd like to have a quicker drop. I also need to make sure that my feet are in the right position when I throw too.

"My parents don't have any preferences and I didn't follow any teams growing up. I have liked certain QBs though, like Brett Favre, Rex Grossman, Ken Dorsey and Philip Rivers."

3.5/920 SAT