Testing your USF loyalty: Level II

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, I am a true Bull, but my definition of a true bull is different from the definition provided here...

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone who tells me I'm not a true Bulls fan can KMFA.

Amen, Brother Mike!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Level II

Since you are Bulls, you will start with 100 points.

1) Testing The purity of Your USF Heart

Have you rooted for the Noles/Canes/Bastard Gators since USF has had football?

(Subtract 10 points / Subtract an additional 10 points if you cheered for the Bastard Gators.)

[red]Yes when they played FSU and Miami and before I was a Bull. [/red]

Do you own Noles/Canes/Bastard Gators' paraphernalia (also known as 'garbage')?

(Subtract 10 points / Subtract an additional 10 points for Bastard Gator garbage)

[red]Absolutely NOT! But subversive family members have gotten an article under my radar to my son.  The boy only has Semenhole 'nailya.[/red]

2) Testing Your USF Devotion.

Do you feel a deep hurt when we lose a football/basketball/baseball game (other sports also count)?

(If "No", subtract 10 points.)

[red]Deep is subjective.  Disappointm't yes.  Greater in FB then basketball & then baseball.[/red]

When we recruit players, do you get emotionally attached to the outcome?

[red]I am disappointed when we lose out on the "big name" recruit that's much needed but not outwardly emotional.[/red]

Have you attended, transferred, or applied to another university since you were a Bull?

(If "Yes", subtract 10 points.)

[red]Nope.  Considered FSU's internet engineering master's degree.  So I have guilt.[/red]

3) Testing Your Commitment To USF

Will you call in sick / cancel a hot date/ abandon something pretty important (like your anniversary) to watch/attend a major USF sporting event?

[red]Not a 100% of the time but the Wife has been "influence" to attend football on her birthday and basketball game on our anniversary.  I've also taken vacation days to go to Troy, AL, Greensville, NC & Gall Darn Birmingham, AL.[/red]

If for some ungodly reason USF Athletics were shut down completely, would you cry for days and days?  

(If "No", ---You are dead inside, so subtract 20 points!)

[red]I don't cry but would consider taking Prozac for 6 mos to function.[/red]

When USF got football, did you hop/jump around like a little kid upon hearing the news?

(If "No", subtract 20 points.)

[red]Higher than the moon[/red]

4) Testing Your USF Blood

If you had a choice to choose between a USF alumnus or your non-USF relative for employment, would you choose the Bull?

[red]I like Wooly's reply but if everything is equal its still a coin toss.[/red]

Would you let your child attend another university?

(If "Yes", hit yourself on the head and subtract 10 points.)

[red]Gotta qualify the answer, if a schollie is involved gonna havta say yes as long as the school offers a quality education.[/red]

Would you let your child attend Bastard Gator U?  

(If "Yes", poke yourself in the eye and subtract 25 points!

[red]See above answer.[/red]

Shucks, I have one eye n a concussion and I'm not a Bull no more.  Me thinks Basketball's poll is to harsh.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

I am not taking any dam tests.  I am outa school and the only thing I ever test positive on is my drug test ! That is good ? right ?  I think ?  What were talking about ? Vote Bush=Cheap Gas ?  Go Kerry !  This test is pure Bull,  ahh no thats not it,  I love Bulls,  naw thats sheep, no I mean I am confused.  It was a pure luck that I got through USF because you can see how react to being tested.  The pressure.  Just remember one thing "Points don't count" said Drew Carey.  I just gave me a thousand.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Others have done this already, but I'd like to take a crack...

There's a difference between being a fan and being a fanatic, in the sense that some people are religious fanatics. I'm just a fan, and it's all I ever intend to be. To wit:

Have you rooted for the Noles/Canes/Bastard Gators since USF has had football?

Absolutely. There have been situations where it's been in USF's best interest for one of these teams to win a particular game. For example, as much as I detest the Criminoles, I rooted for them to beat Wake Forest when the latter was trying to become bowl eligible at our expense two years ago. Minus ten points for me.

(Subtract 10 points / Subtract an additional 10 points if you cheered for the Bastard Gators.)

I'll gladly cheer for the Bastard Gators, along with anyone else this side of al-Qaeda, if it is in USF's best interest. So minus another 10.

Do you own Noles/Canes/Bastard Gators' paraphernalia (also known as 'garbage')?

(Subtract 10 points / Subtract an additional 10 points for Bastard Gator garbage)

Yes -- I have received at times high-quality Gator-themed gifts, from my UF graduate family members, as well as items from other schools. They also receive Bulls stuff from me on occasion. I refuse to insult my own flesh and blood by refusing a gift, so I lose another 20 points.

Do you feel a deep hurt when we lose a football/basketball/baseball game (other sports also count)?

I feel a deep hurt when people suffer or die. I refuse to let my emotional involvement in the outcome of any sporting event get to the point where it physically upsets me. It's not healthy. There goes another 10.

When we recruit players, do you get emotionally attached to the outcome?

I'll admit I was madly clicking refresh over that whole Cornelius deal. But I wouldn't call it "emotionally attached." Minus 10.

Have you attended, transferred, or applied to another university since you were a Bull?

I wanted to take some post-graduate classes, and considering that I was living in Seattle at the time, USF was hardly an option. It is not disrespectful to one's alma mater to attend a school whose offerings suit their needs. And check some resumes -- most people have attended more than one college in their lives. Minus 10 more for me.

Will you call in sick / cancel a hot date/ abandon something pretty important (like your anniversary) to watch/attend a major USF sporting event?

First of all, I schedule around major USF sporting events to the greatest degree possible. Second, rooting for the Bulls is one of many things in my life that is important; it's not the only thing, and it takes a back seat behind more important aspects of my life -- my brother's wedding this fall, for example. Believe it or not, he and his fiancee didn't have the foresight to schedule it during a USF bye week.

If a conflict arose I would choose depending on the relative importance of the other event. So I lose 10 more points.

If for some ungodly reason USF Athletics were shut down completely, would you cry for days and days?

(If "No", ---You are dead inside, so subtract 20 points!)

I don't cry for days and days over anything. -20.

When USF got football, did you hop/jump around like a little kid upon hearing the news? (If "No", subtract 20 points.)

Hop like a child? Moi? Minus 20.

If you had a choice to choose between a USF alumnus or your non-USF relative for employment, would you choose the Bull? (If "No", subtract 10 points.)

I would choose whoever was most qualified for the job. Minus-10.

Would you let your child attend another university? (If "Yes", hit yourself on the head and subtract 10 points.) Would you let your child attend Bastard Gator U? (If "Yes", poke yourself in the eye and subtract 25 points!

I would never force any path on my children. I would let them make their own decisions in life, and support any choices they make. Every university has its own appeal, and its own worthwhile educational offerings. What works for me might not work for someone else.

Besides, if my father was as loyal to his alma mater as you're demanding me to be, I'd be posting this on the Texas Tech Red Raiders board. Have you ever been to Lubbock, Texas? I'd call it an armpit, but that's an insult to armpits. Thank God my old man didn't think like you do -- the sewage-infested well water alone would have killed me by now. Minus 35 more points for me.

If you score 90 or 100: [glb]YOU ARE TRULY WORTHY!  It's Bulls like you that make USF GREAT![/glb]

If you scored between 70 and 80, not bad, not bad at all. But you need to make some changes!  :(

If you scored under 70 ---[glb]SHAME ON YOU! And you dare call yourself a Bull![/glb]  >:( >:( >:(

I lost count, but by your ratings I must be somewhere between SouthTampaKnight and Jonathan Alpert on the loyalty to USF scale. If being worthy means the things you suggest it does in this poll, I'd just as soon be unworthy.

Guest BasketBull.

Look, here's how it is:

I thought I was a USF diehard fan until the Sheriff came along. The dude "attacked" Lizardville and slept in the Dome parking lot, not to metion countless other things.

He and his crew basically raised the bar 100 notches.

And look at Bulliever and Dave, and others, who have spent hours and hours to keep the Bulls Nation together and informed...

This was a test to see how extreme some of us would go -and it was all in good fun. Don't take it all so seriously!

This was like Cool Hand Luke eating all those eggs: it's something to do!