Steve Duemig: Andre, the Draft & the Bucs

BullDoug

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

^^^^

Areed, I think Hall can make the team as the 3rd RB if he plays hard and outworks Graham. However, I really doubt he'd get carries not only does he have Caddy and Pittman in front of him but Alstott (be it his last season) too.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• BigShoop

• BullDoug

• nukebull

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

You think correctly although not THAT clouded. I just think it would have been nice if he had a little more knowledge of the local team's best player than what he read online somewhere. The height and not strong conference knocks were just ignorant. The point that he called him "a nice return guy" when he didn't return a kick last year is embarrassing, regardless of what Gruden said. Somebody familiar with our team should have questoned that.

Andre said himself today on the Ron and Ian show that he  was measured at 5'9.

'05 Top 5 rushers in the NFL:

Shaun Alexander - 5'11

Tiki Barber - 5'10

Larry Johnson - 6'1

Clinton Portis - 5'11

Edgerrin James - 6'0

Granted, you and I dont really see the difference in 1 or 2 inches, height wise, BUT the scouts do.

We also dont see the difference in a 4.45 40 and a 4.51 40, but that could knock you out of the 2nd round and into the 5th in a blink of an eye.

As far as a weak conference, I've already stated that I dont think the conference you play in has any bearing on how much talent you have. That being said, the Big East WAS a weak conference. Yes, we were strong at the top with West Virginia and Louisville when they wanted to, but from top to bottom, the Big East was average at best.

So again, where was Duemig wrong?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

Andre said himself today on the Ron and Ian show that he  was measured at 5'9.

'05 Top 5 rushers in the NFL:

Shaun Alexander - 5'11

Tiki Barber - 5'10

Larry Johnson - 6'1

Clinton Portis - 5'11

Edgerrin James - 6'0

Granted, you and I dont really see the difference in 1 or 2 inches, height wise, BUT the scouts do.

If Andre is 5'9" then there were 6 backs drafted that were the same height or shorter ....... the height thing was a non-factor.

As far as a weak conference, I've already stated that I dont think the conference you play in has any bearing on how much talent you have. ......... So again, where was Duemig wrong?

You just answered your own question. Conference doesn't have a bearing on talent and looking at the schools that had kids drafted bears that out .......

As usual, he was pulling crap out his butt on stuff he has no clue about .... Juat say "I don't know", Steve.

BTW, here's a nice little montage on Andre. Notice on the second play how he beautifully picks up the blitz.  ;)

http://www.draftshowcase.com/AndreHall.wmv

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

hall will get to the HALL in the NFL

i hope

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Trip, IMO you are being over critical of Duemig.  Someone called in and he answered him with the best of his knowledge which probably came directly from a Bucs scout.  That's his job.  Not to say, "I dunno." and hang up.  Can't believe I just protected the honor of blowhard Duemig but that's my two cents on your posts.  He's on my radio in my office 'cuz that's the only sports station rec'able in Lakeland.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

He's on my radio in my office 'cuz that's the only sports station rec'able in Lakeland.

haha, thats how i feel about Dan Sileo. i've never, in 13 years of listening to sports radio, heard such an absolute moron on the radio.

literally, my buddies and i send each other "why dan sileo is an idiot" txt messages daily.

Trip, IMO you are being over critical of Duemig.

I think that's an impossibility .....   8)

Someone called in and he answered him with the best of his knowledge which probably came directly from a Bucs scout.  That's his job.  Not to say, "I dunno." and hang up.

I realize you're probably correct and not hearing what he said I MAY be busting his chops unfairly .......... BUT since Andre is the local talent, you'd hope Duemig wouldn't just regurgitate what he's read somewhere. The reasons he gave, if broken down, are bogus. If it was me, I'd at least call the Bucs and see if someone could throw some light on the subject ... I know, I know, why do that when the majority of your audience doesn't give a crap about USF. It goes back to the entertainment aspect of sports talk and not having to be informative.

Can't believe I just protected the honor of blowhard Duemig but that's my two cents on your posts.  He's on my radio in my office 'cuz that's the only sports station rec'able in Lakeland.

Have you tried to pick up Orlando stations?  ;)

haha, thats how i feel about Dan Sileo. i've never, in 13 years of listening to sports radio, heard such an absolute moron on the radio.

literally, my buddies and i send each other "why dan sileo is an idiot" txt messages daily.

Smazza should try to pick him up on the Internet since he is a big Bonds fan, too ........ I only listen to Sileo because 1470's signal  is too weak that time of the day over here but I'm sure we could have a "why dan sileo is an idiot versus why Duemig is an idiot" contest and not run out of reasons for either ...

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

tb-how do  i pick him up on internet radio?  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Have HowieP call him.  Or I can send him an email.  We all know how some of our resident Duemig lovers feel about that.