Steve Duemig: Andre, the Draft & the Bucs

BullDoug

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

What did he say there that was incorrect?

The HEAD COACH said the exact same thing.

Sorry folks, but the ONLY way Andre makes the team is as a special teamer/3rd string RB.

Have to agree here.  Only way that Andre makes the team is as a KR.  Sometimes you guys need to look at reality.  We love Andre and hope he does well, but he is marginal NFL talent at best.  Let's hope he shows us all something special with the Bucs.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• BigShoop

• BullDoug

• nukebull

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Sorry folks, but the ONLY way Andre makes the team is as a special teamer/3rd string RB.

I agree, I love Andre, the way he played his game, reprsented the Bulls, etc . He obviously wasn't a talented enough in the minds of 32 teams...I think thats a lot of evidence.

To say the guys at the smaller schools aren't better is off base.

Jerry Rice

Walter Payton

Rich Gannon

Steve McNair

Would never have been in the NFL if you overlooked small colleges.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

yeah guess im one of the few who agree with him... i'm sure andre knows what the situation is to

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

Prolly didn't get drafted b/c he has trouble picking up the blitz

- When did this malady surface?

his smallish size and the NBE is not a strong conference

- Deangelo Williams and Quinton Ganther are about the same size from weaker conferences .... and the strong conference excuse by itself is just plain stupid.

Bucs got a nice return guy

- Really?? I realize Gruden talked up this point but if Duemig knew anything about the local team he would have questioned it. How many times did Andre touch the ball on special teams last year? As pointed out elsewhere, Andre's attributes don't include "taking it to the house" speed.

Andre will need to make the team as the 3rd running back, taking Ernest Graham/Derek Watson's place and I wish him the best of luck.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

Andre should not have signed with a team where he would be lucky to make it as a 3rd back.

Andre should not have signed with a team where he would be lucky to make it as a 3rd back.

I would think ANY FA back signing anywhere will be praying to make it as 3rd back in the beginning ....

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

What's amazing is this guy and his total lack of sports knowledge is the #1 show in his time slot. I guess that's a testament to the lack of radio options in the Tampa Bay area.

What's amazing is this guy and his total lack of sports knowledge is the #1 show in his time slot. I guess that's a testament to the lack of radio options in the Tampa Bay area.

Most sports talk radio, as is just talk radio, is about entertaining and drawing listeners, not informing ......

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Prolly didn't get drafted b/c he has trouble picking up the blitz

- When did this malady surface?

I dont think you or I or Duemig are football scouts. The fact that their JOB is evaluating such things, I'm pretty sure I'd be more apt to side with them

his smallish size and the NBE is not a strong conference

- Deangelo Williams and Quinton Ganther are about the same size from weaker conferences .... and the strong conference excuse by itself is just plain stupid.

I'll agree on the conference thing, because it's irrelevant in any and all cases. See: Ladainian Tomlinson.

As for you comparing Andre Hall to DeAngelo Williams...there is one teeny tiny little thing you're overlooking here: talent. DeAngelo Williams was once considered a top 5 pick. Not top 5 in the 4th round, top 5 overall. DeAngelo Williams is the NCAA's ALL TIME all purpose yards leader with 7,753.  

Bucs got a nice return guy

- Really?? I realize Gruden talked up this point but if Duemig knew anything about the local team he would have questioned it.

Um, HUH?!

Based on that statement, now you are saying that Duemig AND YOURSELF know more than Gruden about Gruden's football team.

How many times did Andre touch the ball on special teams last year?

I KNOW he returned kicks, or at the VERY least was lined up back there, whether they kicked it to him or not, because I saw it with my own eyes. Problem is, I cant find any stats anywhere.

I did find, however, stats from '04: 16 returns, 20.8 yd avg

As pointed out elsewhere, Andre's attributes don't include "taking it to the house" speed.

Who said you have to be a burner to be a return guy?

The most important attribute of a return guy is vision. Vision and guts, enough guts to pick a hole, and hit the hole at full speed.

I just think that your ENTIRE argument here is being clouded by your feelings about Duemig. We all want Hall to succeed, but for the life of my I just cannot figure out why people are MAD that the Bucs picked him up!

Whether he was drafted or not, is completely irrelevant. He's on the roster of the HOMETOWN TEAM. Meaning, 80% of the members on these boards can go to the SAME stadium they saw him play for the last 2 years and continue to root their asses off for THEIR GUY.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the downside here...

I just think that your ENTIRE argument here is being clouded by your feelings about Duemig.

You think correctly although not THAT clouded. I just think it would have been nice if he had a little more knowledge of the local team's best player than what he read online somewhere. The height and not strong conference knocks were just ignorant. The point that he called him "a nice return guy" when he didn't return a kick last year is embarrassing, regardless of what Gruden said. Somebody familiar with our team should have questoned that.

We all want Hall to succeed, but for the life of my I just cannot figure out why people are MAD that the Bucs picked him up!

Whether he was drafted or not, is completely irrelevant. He's on the roster of the HOMETOWN TEAM. Meaning, 80% of the members on these boards can go to the SAME stadium they saw him play for the last 2 years and continue to root their asses off for THEIR GUY.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the downside here...

There is very little downside here. I think the only ones who are mad are the ones who think he had a better shot at a one or two back elsewhere.  I think it's freaking incredible he's here and think he SHOULD beat out Graham for the third back. My only concern is that as long as Pittman is here he'll get little, if any, time at rb in the reg season and Pittman has a few years left him in him barring injury. Hopefully, Duemig, the draft expert, is right and he does turn into a "nice return guy".  ;)