Season Ticket Sales ?

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

Smazza sorry you feel that way but the Athletic Dept has to look on what is good for the program longterm,you as a fan should realize that the inconvinience of you maybe missing that game are small compared to the value of tv exposure that this brings to our program.

Not many have heard of USF and only by playing on national TV and winning will this change.

UM last year moved the Pitt game to a thursday or friday night n im sure many people could not attend that game. But the bottom line is that good recruits want to play on tv.

I hope you realize that if this game is changed it was not done to piss you or other fans but to try to increase our national standing which right now is not even a bleep in the US.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smazza

• E.T.

• Papa_Bull

• bulls96go

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

cuB- i understand it but it is frustrating and i truly believe it is a bad PR move.

this is 3rd time for me if they do make the change.

i will always pull for bulls but if they change it to monday i will be out of  bull season ticket game

enough with national games at expense of fans

if it is on espn 2,is it really a national game.

a monday afternoon game is not better than a saturdfay night game

i was meeting 6 other people  driving from broward to game.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

I understand your frustration,im driving up from Miami but i do think that we need to get as many tv games as possible.USF needs to get their name outthere.

Hopefully if you cant make it someonelse will use your ticket n you can watch on TV increasing the number of people watching.I knopw is not the same but in this case i will put program before me.

A monday afternoon would make USF-Pitt the only football game on n die hard football fans will be starved for colege football.

winning will get us notoriety

going to bowl game sand winning will get us notoriety

being on espn and losing isn't the type of notoriety we need.we haven't done well in those games.i think coaches and players are a little tight on TV games

things will work out for the best

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

On the other hand, being on ESPN and WINNING would be more meaningful than winning amidst all the other teams playing on Saturday.

Hopefully, you'll still be able to make the game, but you can't fault the athletic dept for doing what's best to bring in the money to get us ramped up the level of the BE.  This TV game will help the program's finances tremendously.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

no offense mazza, but losing you vs the possibility of making hundreds of fans from tv is a no brainer.  Its not a bad PR move if it only seriously affects a handful but benefits dozens...  

usf bull83 me over big money- i would take money

but if that is usf's main goal it will eventually come back to haunt them.

they won't make 100000 fans from TV.IT HASN'T WORKED IN BASKETBALL AND IT WON'T WORK IN FOOTBALL.

YOU HAVE TO CULTIVATE  fans and win

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

what were at last year, 15k or so??  my guess would be 18k tops

There were some posts with figures from last year. If I remember correctly it was 17,000+ at the time, but there may have been some more sold after that.

I posted on article here recently which said that Pitt had INCREASED their season tickets last year by 15,000. They did that by offering season tickets for $60 in the nose bleed sections of the upper deck. I don't think those tickets required any school donation. So, if we wanted to rapidly increase our attendance we probably could do something similar. I don't think USF believes that's a good strategic course to take as it doesn't want to devalue the seating. Also, to open the upper deck would require us to pay a substantial additional fee and we'd have to sell a lot of cheap tickets just to cover that cost.  

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I found one article in August which said our ticket sales at the time were 15,225.

But season ticket sales for this fall, which features four C-USA home games, have jumped to 15,225, more than 1,200 more than last year. Sales and marketing director Jim Louk attributes the surge to C-USA membership and the team's 17-5 record the past two years.

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/08/17/news_pf/Sports/Football_cash_coming_.shtml

Edit:

A subsequent article in October said it was 15,550. My recollection of it being 17,000+ must be incorrect:

USF has sold about 15,550 season tickets, nearly 1,800 more than last season.

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/10/03/Sports/Selmon_better_than_be.shtml

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Last season, LSU had 2 games change the date for national television in the middle of the season.  It is a part of the landscape of becoming a decent team, and USF should be proud to be chosen to play before a national audience.

Fans need to understand that game dates will change, that is part of collegiate sports.  We need to be just as flexible in our travel plans as the Athletic Department needs to be to get our program the recognition it both needs and deserves.

I purposely have not purchased any airline tickets for either of the games I intend to travel to Tampa for, because I know that the possibility exists for a date change.  Yes, this might end up costing me a couple extra bucks, because the cheap seats that are available on Southwest might fill up by the time a date change is announced.  However, that is part of being a true Bull.  I'm willing to bear that extra cost in order to see our boys earn the national airtime that our program needs if we are ever going to get a top 25 ranking.