Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

FAMU .... maybe they should be our rivals.

The reason people showed for the FAMU was 1/2 time. I think it was evident when 50% of the crowd was gone by the 3rd quarter.

And WE'RE not making those types of jokes about UCF either except for a few who got tired of the Kanigits sticking their noses over here .....

I see at least 10 regular posters with something dissing UCF in their profile or avatar.

Joe, there's no talking to you about this because you can't see the forest for the trees. If I recall you had a USF/UCF tailgate party. To YOU, and those like you, it will seem like a genuine rivalry because of your UCF friends ...

As nuke pointed out, those regional rivalries became real rivalries because the games meant something other than a pissing contest among fans. UCF joins the

BE and the potential for a huge rivalry is unlimited.

And back to my original point up there, if true that the students turned out in far greater numbers for UCF than UL, it's more an indictment of the cluelessness of our students than the evidence of more potential for a rivalry with UCF than UL .....

Whoa lets stop for a second, I think its the older alumni that aren't seeing through the forest here. I never said a pissing match is the "clincher" for a rivalry,however it is an element. Both schools are comprised of kids that went to highschool with each other and DO keep in touch. Both teams are comprised of majority Florida HS players. These kids have been to camps, combines, and all star games together for awhile now. I know for a FACT that one of OUR players was looking forward to this game last year because his HS teammate was on UCF. The team came out JACKED to play UCF and destroyed them, you think if we would have come out with the effort we had against UConn or Pitt it would be different?

Yes I was tailgating with a lot of UCF fans, I think about 80% of the USF student population was mixed with UCF fans. I saw plenty of the older crowd there with UCF fans too. Face it, these "misguided" students are the future majority population of USF football fans, I think its safe to say the new crop comming in next year will feel the same way.

And the clincher in all this is how many students were tasered trying to storm the field after the UCF game?  ;)

Name the last time someone rushed the field for beating a team that was aweful and a rival? I cannot think of any if you can think of one post it! We beat a top 10 team, of course the students are going to rush the field.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFMikeB

• USFreak

• Triple B

• Knight_Light

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Sure our players came out jacked, but if you didnt think that they came out jacked for UCONN or PITT then you were not paying attention. Dont forget that Pitt destroyed USF a couple years ago, so revenge was really on USF's mind. I would venture to say that USF wanted to beat Pitt more than they wanted to beat UCF. USF just didnt have the QB play in that game. Ditto for UCONN. USF wanted that game too because of the BCS race. To say that the players were not jacked up about playing both Pitt or Uconn is just not correct.

Not as jacked as they were for UCF...

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Joe,

Just because USF didnt beat Uconn or Pitt doesnt mean they were not jacked to beat them. There was too much on the line not to be jacked up. The point is that USF couldnt beat those teams no matter how jacked up they were because both Pitt and Uconn had good defenses. Good defense shut down USF this year which is why we lost 6 games. UCF does not have a good defense which is why USF looked pretty good on both sides of the ball. Face it, going into last season USF was not expected to do much because there were too many questions on offense. We were lucky to get a bowl game IMO. All that is holding USF back now is the offense which hopefully will be better next season. We cant expect USF's defense to carry us all the time. Having good offensive games against FAMU or UCF doesnt mean the team was more jacked up to beat someone. It just means that the other team sucked so bad that they couldnt stop a High School offense. Uconn and Pitt on the other hand stopped us. Believe me, there is some bad blood between Pitt and USF. Go read the articles and you will find some good quotes from both schools. Pitt and USF really had some trash talking going on. Hell, go watch the replay of all three games against Pitt, and you will see what I am talking about. I for one cant wait until Pitt plays USF next season at RJS. I would like nothing more that USF to kick Pitt's face in.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

The last comment just pissed me off, if they were more jacked up about UCF, there is a HUGE problem with our players. They need to let HS go and get their heads into COLLEGE. loosing to UCF has NO bearing in winning the Big East and going to a BCS game while loosing to a Pitt and L-ville have huge implications. Obviously, the need to get up for ALL games but, more so for Big East RIVALS....NOT UCF. Message board banter does not speak for a 40,000 student population and alumni!

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Not as jacked as they were for UCF...

I sure am glad that we have someone like you around that is capable of gauging, defining, and comparing the level of emotion our players have every time they get out on the field.  Get over yourself buddy, you are trying to make something you can't quantify into something that meets your opinion. ::)

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Agree with you Brahman, four of my good friends are Pitt alumni with one of them working in the athletic department, they HATE USF! The whipping we put on them pre-BCS is a wound that will NEVER heal. They just don't want to win, the want to lay a licking on us everytime we play! As a reminder, Pitt has a ton of Florida recruits too....

I never said they were not jacked for those other games! I said they were "JACKED" (notice the large letters) about the UCF game. And just because you play well doesn't mean your Jacked more than when your playing bad! Look at the way the team was acting during warmups look at the way they reacted to every play. I saw it 3 times this season. UCF, UL, and until halftime at the WVU game, they were more JACKED for those games.

I was even told by a current DB on out team that he was really for the game because a good friend of his that he went to HS with played for UCF and if they lost he'd never hear the end of it from him.

I'm GIVING MY OPINION so don't act like I'm SPEAKING for the ENTIRE POPULATION of USF fans.

No, you said that the players weren't as jacked for other games as they were for USF.  That is a load of BS...

I forgot, Joe was the UCF apologist who blasted anyone on this boared leading up to the game that didn't give a **** about it being UCF.  he was the guy that thought that UCF was our ultimate rival.  Hmmm, no surprise that he's posting garbage about how the players were only jacked up for UCF....