Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'm in disbelief you don't think USF will travel 8000-10,000 to this one.  A game 70 miles away?  I'd have to say our fanbase truly sucks if they can't trouble themselves to drive 70 miles to an 'away' game.  Heck, for a bunch of folks that normally travel to RJS (like from Orlando, Brevard, Broward, Miami, Jacksonville, etc) this game is actually closer for them.

Orlando is still a pretty fun town when it comes down to it.  I know it is vogue to be 'down' on this game, but it is one extra chance to see your Bulls in person against a team that, despite losing 17 in a row at one point, did make a bowl game last year.  

I guess I'm just thinking our fans are better than they are.  Maybe they truly do suck.

I do not believe that our fan base has any level of unusual or extraordinary excitement for this game.  We'll see come September

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFMikeB

• USFreak

• Triple B

• Knight_Light

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

I do not believe that our fan base has any level of unusual or extraordinary excitement for this game.  We'll see come September

I think/hope the students go over in force. Lots of families make up the season ticket holder fan base but I don't think I'd call this a very family friendly game based on location and if the Kanigit fans (most, not all, Joe) that showed up here are indicative of the crowd they get over there. I'll be going but won't take the family.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

That doesn't matter.  The game is 70 miles away.  It says alot about your fanbase if they can't travel to essentially a home game.

They don't have to be excited about the opponent.  They should be excited about their own team and supporting that team.  

Teams that travel well travel well.  If USF can't get 10,000 or so an hour down the road that's pretty sad.   Who cares who the opponent is...it's USF folks are going to watch.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

if the Kanigit fans (most, not all, Joe) that showed up here are indicative of the crowd they get over there. I'll be going but won't take the family.

This is part of the reason that I believe that we won't have the kind of travel everyone wants to believe.  There were enough problems that people will remember.  Like I keep saying, if it is a rivalry, we'll know after a few years of good attendance no matter what the situation may be.

This is part of the reason that I believe that we won't have the kind of travel everyone wants to believe.  There were enough problems that people will remember.  Like I keep saying, if it is a rivalry, we'll know after a few years of good attendance no matter what the situation may be.

That'll make for some great reading.

"USF fans intimidated by Knight faithful."

The way the Knights have blabbered on to the press and complained about this series that will be the icing on the cake.  I can almost see it now.   I guarantee the leadup to that game is going to be a three-ring circus in Orlando.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

That'll make for some great reading.

"USF fans intimidated by Knight faithful."

The way the Knights have blabbered on to the press and complained about this series that will be the icing on the cake.  I can almost see it now.   I guarantee the leadup to that game is going to be a three-ring circus in Orlando.

Just like it was in Tampa last year? (St Pete Times, Tampa Trib, Lakeland Paper, Local Tampa ABC, CBS, NBC...and local talk?)

Yep...probably the same as last year.

KL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Just like it was in Tampa last year? (St Pete Times, Tampa Trib, Lakeland Paper, Local Tampa ABC, CBS, NBC...and local talk?)

KL

Right, it was a real three ring circus over here, media wise, leading up to the game .........  ;)

KL

Well, the fact still remains that UCF wanted this game more.   There is no secret there.   I think a lot of USF folks didn't think the UCF game would turn out to be one of the biggest ever, but it did.  I think UCF will treat this game like the biggest of their season.  It certainly has the potential to be the highest attended.  Might as well milk it for all it is worth.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442

After 17 pages, guess I will comment now.  This game has the makings of being a cash cow for both our schools.  Only time will tell.  One year does not make it a football rivary, but the potential is certainly there due to the closeness of our 2 universities, past history in other sports and general academic competition for students.  The alumni, current student body and general fans of both schools will have a lot to say in which direction this seris proceeds by the attendance of future games.  Just by this thread continuing for 17 pages (by both USF and UCF posters) says it is a hot topic.  

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Well, the fact still remains that UCF wanted this game more.   There is no secret there.   I think a lot of USF folks didn't think the UCF game would turn out to be one of the biggest ever, but it did.  I think UCF will treat this game like the biggest of their season.  It certainly has the potential to be the highest attended.  Might as well milk it for all it is worth.

UCF wanted this game? Really? Welcome to planet earth.

Regardless who "wanted" this game...the media (Orlando and Tampa) gave it more press than any other game (besides CUSA Champ and both our Bowl Games).

UCF has pennies for marketing...but I think both teams will benefit from the "local" media again...but since its still played on the same day as Florida/Tennessee...it will still take a back seat...even in Tampa and Orlando.

KL