Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFMikeB

• USFreak

• Triple B

• Knight_Light

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

are we sure bullsfans isn't a ucf fan disguised as a usf fan?

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

i am concerned about ftu/ou/oc  beating us

the god news would be that maybe there would be more people that would want leavitt fired after losing to such a terrble program and a team we dominated just 12 months before

\

if anyone could pull it off it would be the great leavitt

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

ok, i gave up on reading this thread back on page 9, and decided to read it again, i got to page 11 before i have to post something.  right now USF has NO RIVAL, can ucf become one?  who knows, time will tell.  can louisville, pitt or uconn become one, only time will tell.  ucf has been playing football alot longer than usf has, and they just got to thier first bowl game, like us, and we play better quality teams than they do for bowl games.  we have chances to play teams from the acc, the sec and a few other big conferences in bowl games, while they are stuck with the lower tier conferences in the mountain west, the wac and so on, so comparing our bowl games to their is stupid.  this whole arguement on location is stupid, because we will travel just as many fans to uf as we will to ucf if not more.  the reason for this is because its a close game for us, that we can make it a day trip over there for the game.  now the arguement about it being a rival because the players from both teams played each other in high school or played on the same team in high school is also stupid, because the same can be said for every school in florida.  so another argument by a ucfer that is dumb and is proved wrong.  you want an argument you can't prove wrong?  right now usf has no rival because we are too young to have one.  let time decide it for us.  if ucf becomes our rival down the road than fine, so be it.  but stop the whining and the pushing of trying to make a rival, thats not how rivalries are born.  rivalries create themselves, let it happen.  this thread has gone to far with nobody convincing anybody that their argument is right and they should believe one way instead of the other.  can we please drop this?  us trying to argue that it isn't a rival, isn't making it one.  we are arguing its not a rivalry because we have knight fans coming onto our site, (notice you don't have usf fans going over to your site) talking up the "rivalry".  we are just being honest and real and saying what is true, RIGHT NOW WE HAVE NO RIVAL.  enough on this, let it die

Wait, so what you are saying is UCF is our rival?  I'm trying to read between the lines.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

I'd rather play SoMiss, that was really turning into a rivalry until we left for the BE.  There's history between us...

Absolutely!  There is not another team I would like our guys to dismantle and embarass more than slutty miss.  In fact, let's bring them into the BE.  "Step into my parlor" <Evil laughter>.  

I think it is good to play UCF every year -- the revenue alone could justify it and there is a lot of interest in the bay area since so many kids from here go to UCF just to get away from home (but not too far).  The rivalry thing with any team right now is just presumptuous.  We are so young it is like a nine year old chasing some twenty year old girl to marry her.  Cute, but not realistic.  Let's just focus on becoming a team that being defeated by repeatedly would engender the kinds of feelings that spur rivalry.

UCF?  You gotta love pesky little brothers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

are we sure bullsfans isn't a ucf fan disguised as a usf fan?

All the evidence points that way ....

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Anyone know:

How many tickets will be allotted to USF for this years UCF game at the Citrus Bowl?

How many tickets will be allotted to USF when the Bulls travel to The Swamp?

How many tickets will be allotted to USF for this years UCF game at the Citrus Bowl?

PLENTY!! USF ending up giving UCF 10,000 tix plus for the game in Tampa....USF will probably start out with 5,000 (like UCF did), and then ask for more.

Plus...Individual Tix will be available on Ticketmaster...so until 66,000 tix are sold (unlikely), USF and their fans can purchase as many as they want.

How many tickets will be allotted to USF when the Bulls travel to The Swamp?

UF offers most non-rivals about 2,000-4,000 tix or so...and just like for UCF...not many tix will be left after top Boosters, selected season tix holders, few hundred for students, Band, etc....

UF will be a very tough tix to get in advance (one could always scalp up there...but then you are stuck in an Orange/Blue Section...not fun!).

KL

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

I was at the Dome last night...where were you?

So we don't just have to take your word on that, what were the names of the youth teams that played at halftime?