Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Santa Claus isn't real?!?!?!?! Like I said.. tell Mickey I said hi.

Well, one of the kids I'm in a group project with at school is named Mickey, but I don't know anyone with Santa as a first name(or last).

Hey Trip, if it's a good, practical idea, why are we even arguing the point?  Every year, one team has a 5th home game guaranteed, it's inexpensive for the road team, brings in a lot of revenue for the home team and fills up an OOC slot for both teams.  I honestly see no reason why that needs to be argued.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFMikeB

• USFreak

• Triple B

• Knight_Light

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  60

I have to agree with the USF fans here.  I don't see the upside of UCF playing USF every year.  Rivals are nice, but when they are a non player in the world of college football, than all you do is lower yourself.  

I would rather UCF keep playing UM, FSU and UF.  If we can't get those guys on the schedule, and if we must play a Big East team, than I would rather UCF bring in WVU or Pitt like we are doing this year.  

Playing USF does nothing for UCF, when UCF beats USF this year, I hardly doubt anyone will care outside of Orlando and Tampa.  Its not a big accomplishment in the grand scheme of things.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Hey Trip, if it's a good, practical idea, why are we even arguing the point?  Every year, one team has a 5th home game guaranteed, it's inexpensive for the road team, brings in a lot of revenue for the home team and fills up an OOC slot for both teams.  I honestly see no reason why that needs to be argued.

I'm not arguing we shouldn't play. As long as we need the ooc games, it makes sense. I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to call it a rivalry at this time. We don't have any rivals NOW.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Given the number of students who came to RayJ and the number I think we'll take to Orlando, I'd have to say this is as close to a 'rivalry' as we're gonna get.

Let me save you some keyboarding: I do not expect, over the next 15 to 20 years, to establish a "rivalry" with either UF, FSU or 'Canes. We're not on their radar, and unless we start cracking the top 20 on an alarmingly regular basis, we won't be for some time.

I have to ask...why is it so offensive to attach the label "rival" to the UCF game? We spend a phenomenal amount of time on OUR board talking about/with UCF, much more so than any BE team, and as such, pretty much makes the case that if we are not rivals, we're madly in love with each other.

Pick one.    :-*

I have to agree with the USF fans here.  I don't see the upside of UCF playing USF every year.  Rivals are nice, but when they are a non player in the world of college football, than all you do is lower yourself.  

I would rather UCF keep playing UM, FSU and UF.  If we can't get those guys on the schedule, and if we must play a Big East team, than I would rather UCF bring in WVU or Pitt like we are doing this year.  

Playing USF does nothing for UCF, when UCF beats USF this year, I hardly doubt anyone will care outside of Orlando and Tampa.  Its not a big accomplishment in the grand scheme of things.

The more things change, the more they stay the same ....

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

Given the number of students who came to RayJ and the number I think we'll take to Orlando, I'd have to say this is as close to a 'rivalry' as we're gonna get.

Let me save you some keyboarding: I do not expect, over the next 15 to 20 years, to establish a "rivalry" with either UF, FSU or 'Canes. We're not on their radar, and unless we start cracking the top 20 on an alarmingly regular basis, we won't be for some time.

I have to ask...why is it so offensive to attach the label "rival" to the UCF game? We spend a phenomenal amount of time on OUR board talking about/with UCF, much more so than any BE team, and as such, pretty much makes the case that if we are not rivals, we're madly in love with each other.

I think on some peoples parts it is love. The point I am trying to make is that unless UCF moves to the BE it is no more than a western mich. vs eastern mich. game. USF will continue to play BE teams every year, as far as I know UCF not on future schedule and may be too late to add for next 2 years. USF will have more games like UConn in BE play that lose hurt, I hate Pitt and would love to beat them next year and knock them out of a bowl or shot at BE crown. This is wgat over time builds a football rivalry. Whet I think USF- UCF have is a school rivalry. Neither school wants to be a dirrectional non factor CFB school. USF has a better shot of being something more and sometimes you gotta leave that ugly sister behind to hang with the winners.

I guess different people have different criteria for a 'rivalry'. If you think it's the number of opposing fans who attends games then I guess UCF would qualify under that definition.

To me, a rivalry is when there is something serious at stake for both teams. Where a loss means something in the overall scheme of things .... What does a loss or win against UCF mean other than bragging rights on a message board? A small blip in recruiting, .........maybe?

I would hope nobody is seriously thinking we have a shot at any of the Big Three for a rival. Playing once every five years or so is not conducive to a flourishing rivalry.

I spend a phenomenal amount of time at MY house trying to rid it of vermin such as roaches, silver fish, chinch bugs, etc ......... I consider none of those things my 'rival'.     8)

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Sigh, I am simply amazed at the ignorance displayed here.  For the last time, USF does not have a rival in football.  We've never played at any level long enough for burgeoning rivalries to blossom.  That would include only having played UCF once.  Call me in a couple years if we see sold out games every year.  Otherwise, this is nothing more than the rantings, ravings, and speculations of a group of fans on both sides that want a rivalry with anybody so bad that they will resort to stupidity to try to prove their dreams.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

USFvsUCF in baseball is a rivalry IMO. USFvsUCF in basketball or football is not a rivalry yet. UCF has to beat USF for it to become a rivalry IMO. Most USF fans dont have that much hate for UCF while most UCF fans have a lot of hate for USF. Why you ask?? Well it is because we seem like snobs to UCF. We pretty much dominated them in basketball, and our young football program passed them up in such a short time. USF fans have their sight on bigger fish which is why UCFers really hate USF. Once UCF does something on the football field that really effects USF then there will be a rivalry. UCF fans have been wanted this rivalry more than USF fans if you want to be truley honest. The media wants this rivalry more that the USF fans. Lets be honest for a second.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Let's just all agree to disagree.  The game will be played, lots of people will go and have a good time.  UCF and USF fans will tailgate and some will mingle(peacefully).

Oh btw...Eastern and Western Michigan are in the same conference. :P