Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

When you have a pesky chihuahua nipping at your ankles, do you just stand there and do nothing? Of course not, you shake your leg to get rid of the little pest. This has been 9 nine pages of leg shaking ....

True, but I've yet to see one USF poster over at those sites talk about the burgeoning rivalries.  Louisville we've beaten twice and lost to once (and had plenty of history with in CUSA in hoops).  I guess it the rivalry talk will spring any day now.

I'm pretty confident with the 'sex in the bathroom,' 'fights in the parking lot', 'the no-show of the UCF newspaper editor losing the bet', 'the fact the USF newspaper editor made the bet in the first place', and a litany of other factors at least point to it being the most suitable for a rivalry if the series continues.  Some it may all be urban legend, but there were some goofball stories from the first meeting and with the makeup of the student populations and both schools relative 'wanna bes' it has a pretty decent chance of blossoming.

We'll see, but I'm not underestimating the crowd in Orlando.  USF should probably show in force for that one just to give the Bulls some sort of advantage.  The last thing you want is 50,000 rabid UCF fans (and they WILL hype the living dogshit out of that game in Orlando) monopolizing the crowd noise and other factors in that one.

The CUSA championship was one thing, but any of you that don't think UCF is going to milk this meeting for all it is worth are crazy.  The lead up in Tampa may have been somewhat tame, but I'd expect 'RIVALRY' to appear in every TV spot, radio ad, newspaper article and what not.

Orlando will certainly think it is a rivalry.

If USF doesn't want it to grow into a rivalry they should probably do two things -- a) not lose this game in Orlando B) cancel subsequent meetings.

I think the UCF fanbase has shown they'll make the trip to Tampa and I'm pretty confident it will be their biggest home showing this year.   I personally think it is a fun game now for a lot of reasons.  I frankly don't care if it is a rivalry or not.  It is sorta like the old Southern Miss games.  There was the Bowers legend (quality vs. quantity remark) and it just made it a lot more interesting.  I imagine this OOC game could be a lot like that.  Some silly storylines mixed into a cross-state football game.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFMikeB

• USFreak

• Triple B

• Knight_Light

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

True, but I've yet to see one USF poster over at those sites talk about the burgeoning rivalries.  Louisville we've beaten twice and lost to once (and had plenty of history with in CUSA in hoops).  I guess it the rivalry talk will spring any day now.

There shouldn't be any serious talk about a current rivalry. There hasn't been time or circumstances to get one going yet ....

I personally think it is a fun game now for a lot of reasons.  I frankly don't care if it is a rivalry or not.  It is sorta like the old Southern Miss games.  There was the Bowers legend (quality vs. quantity remark) and it just made it a lot more interesting.  I imagine this OOC game could be a lot like that.  Some silly storylines mixed into a cross-state football game.

Couldn't agree more ..... that's a good way to put it.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Tell Mickey that I said hi.

I know this will shatter your world, but Mickey is about as real as Santa Claus.  Get over it.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I know this will shatter your world, but Mickey is about as real as Santa Claus.  Get over it.

Santa Claus isn't real?!?!?!?! Like I said.. tell Mickey I said hi.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I have mentione on this board before that the USA Today did a special newspaper on rivalrys and listed every school and contacted their AD's as to who their rivals were. the results were as follows:

USF - UL

UCF- Marshall

Your own AD thinks Marshall is a rival since you guys finally beat them. They are in your sorry conference so it makes sense, so you guys from UCF should get on their board with your dribble and start up a rivalry. As far as attendence of games and other rants brought up by UCF fans my reply is this. We must have a rivalry with Kentucky Weslyan as that game was well attended. IMO USF has the potential to build a rivalry with several BE schools Pitt, WVU ( if we can beat them) and UL as for my earlier post on playing out of conference games against major conferences, I see the BE expanding to more teams in the near future and I would like to see USF play  1 tune up game (weak opponent) and a full BE schedule and a couple games against Big ten or ACC or SEC. UCF can fill the tune up slot with FIU, FAU, FAMU, BCC, UJ. If and when USF plays UF, FSU, UM at home that will be the most attended game at RJS. USF will not be rivals with the big three until they play every year and beat them a couple of times when they are undbeaten and it hurts the schools.

Nukie,

That's cool.

But what about all the RIVALRY articles that were in the Lakeland, St PEte, Tampa, and Orlando papers last fall?

Gonna ignore them?

KL

Good job, K L, keep changing the subject every time you get proven wrong .......

Go back and read most of the Bulls' fans responses to this rivalry drivel.... better yet, if you have children, have one of them read and explain things to you. Most of us are saying that we don't have a rival right now, although UL may have the best potential at THIS time.

And, again, for the record, I don't have a problem playing UCF every year because of the problem we have getting 1-A OOC games ...... just stop all this "rivalry" wishing.

Guess you don't read your own board.

My comment in "quotes" was a shot at Bull2001 who started his own thread on how UL was/is/will be USF's rival.

Sorry you didn't get it...but then again, most children don't.

Take a look:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1139683577

Nukie,

That's cool.

But what about all the RIVALRY articles that were in the Lakeland, St PEte, Tampa, and Orlando papers last fall?

Gonna ignore them?

KL

associated%20press_dewey_defeats_truman_L.jpg

TB

:o

Touche'!

KL

PS. Also agree with you that the UCF/USF Game/Series would be a "fun game to look forward to" and probably very popular with the fans.

It's the end result (very popular event) that is the great equalizer.

Just like the question....If one can drink beer during a sport (like Golf, Bowling), is it really a sport?

End result (drinking suds, having fun, etc...) is what really counts...regardless what people call it...but those that don't want this "event" to take place is the future...are the ones that are misguided.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

2. Louisville 30, UConn 20 (2005): UL's win earns USF first bowl berth in school history.

hey NB-this can't possibly count as usf's ten biggest wins or ten biggest wins in usf history

usf backed into a bowl game.have some pride man

as long as ftu/ou/oc is a div 1a team they will be a rivalry of usf

we should have been playing these guys from day 1

heck we should play them twice a year

:o

Touche'!

KL

PS. Also agree with you that the UCF/USF Game/Series would be a "fun game to look forward to" and probably very popular with the fans.

It's the end result (very popular event) that is the great equalizer.

Just like the question....If one can drink beer during a sport (like Golf, Bowling), is it really a sport?

End result (drinking suds, having fun, etc...) is what really counts...regardless what people call it...but those that don't want this "event" to take place is the future...are the ones that are misguided.

Like I said, as long as we need 5 ooc games a year, this is almost a no-brainer ........... but I do like the way the WVU-Marshall series is set up, though.   ::)