Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Miami??

Seriously?

USF couldn't even get 1,000 fans to go to the game against the 'Canes in Miami.

That's a rivalry?

LOL

All this time spent on this board and you still have a problem reading and comprehending ......

They're a rivalry based on YOUR criteria in regards to Louisville. If you can't keep up, stay on your own board ......... and stop using LOL in your posts like that, it's gay ............. not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFMikeB

• USFreak

• Triple B

• Knight_Light

Guest Sprtsfn627

If Miami was closer to USF, we would have brought more fans there.  To suggest that UCF is a rival because we are bringing more fans to a school an hour away as opposed to a school 5 hours away really makes no sense.

USFMikeB is right, it takes years to build a rivalry.

Guest FreaKnight!!
i will be going to the game only to see usf play, i could careless who the team is we are playing.  as long as usf is playing i will be there.  freaknight, by the looks of the citrus bowl from the t.v. it sure looked like there were less than 52,000, no way you all had that many there and the stadium looking empty like it was.  maybe tickets sold were 52,000 but people in the stands much less.  knight_light, you can't go by that.  the student bulls club will most likely try and do our roadtrip to louisville, which was the overall agreement by everybody at our meeting.  people are going to drive over to the game only because usf is playing and we are diehard usf fans.  rivalries don't always have to be regional, and ucf is definetly not a rival

The lower bowl was sold out and absolutely packed....there were about 13,000 empty seats in the upper bowl which made sense from what I saw.

Regardless, it doesn't excuse the 33,000 announced for your Louisville game.  That's pathetic.  First BE home game and ranked #9 in the nation.

The attendence for the UCF game makes the point about the importance of this game for both schools.  Call it a rivalry, call it an important game, call it whatever you want.  It makes money for both schools and that's why I think it should continue beyond 2006.

Hopefully both administrations see the logic in it and make it happen.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

I don't recall the particulars, though I do know we're on the hook to CUSA to play x-number of CUSA teams/games over a span of years. It seems to me that UCF would meet that obligation.

I assume - since you can't argue the numbers - that the game will continue pas 2K8. The reason I think that is - if you'll recall - that CJL made the statement to the effect that "if the fans want it, we will schedule it". Given the amount of fans that came from Ho'lando and the number of fans I believe we'll send over that way, I'd say the fans have spoken...so it's gonna stay on the slate.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting that your biggest game, as far as national exposure goes, is against one of those BIG EAST mid-majors ::) You know the kind who's champ gets to go to a BCS bowl and whose champ this year beat the SEC champ in the Sugar Bowl, we are right down there with C-DOA ::)

Ummm no.  Florida is our "biggest" game.  However, every one of them is important.  Winning 1 bowl game does not validate a conference, it only validates a team.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

knight_light, i was at the game against miami and we definetly brought more than 1,000, we had three levels filled with usf fans, not to mention all those usf fans sitting throughout the rest of the stadium, if i remember correctly, we brought something like 3,000 there.  freaknight, your comparing two attendance figures from our game with ucf and louisville is stupid.  you can't compare the two, now comparing a game with ucf and a game with uf against us at rayjay makes alittle more sense.  your going to have more fans traveling when they only have to travel an hour or less to go to the game, as opposed to having to travel from kentucky to see a game.  this is the stupidest argument, i have never been to a ucf board and don't ever plan on going over to one, yet you all come over here to try and talk smack to us.  seems to me like your the ones who want the rivalry more than us

Guest FreaKnight!!
knight_light, i was at the game against miami and we definetly brought more than 1,000, we had three levels filled with usf fans, not to mention all those usf fans sitting throughout the rest of the stadium, if i remember correctly, we brought something like 3,000 there.  freaknight, your comparing two attendance figures from our game with ucf and louisville is stupid.  you can't compare the two, now comparing a game with ucf and a game with uf against us at rayjay makes alittle more sense.  your going to have more fans traveling when they only have to travel an hour or less to go to the game, as opposed to having to travel from kentucky to see a game.  this is the stupidest argument, i have never been to a ucf board and don't ever plan on going over to one, yet you all come over here to try and talk smack to us.  seems to me like your the ones who want the rivalry more than us

So, with your statement about the UL and UCF game, you mean to say that USF fans having nothing to do with the attendance?  If UL brought only 3,000 fans, that means USF only had 30,000 for that game.  The UCF game had 45,000, and let's say UCF had 10,000, that means 5,000 more USF fans showed up for the UCF game than the UL game.  

No matter how you cut up the numbers, more USF fans showed up for the UCF game than the UL game.

What is stupid is your lack of understanding that the USF fan base does consider the UCF game to be a game they wanted to see, more so than just about every home you played this year.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Except that you are assuming that there was no novelty factor to the game.  I believe that the novelty factor will be revealed when we return to the Citrus Bowl this year, with mush lower USF attendance than you think.

Guest FreaKnight!!
Except that you are assuming that there was no novelty factor to the game.  I believe that the novelty factor will be revealed when we return to the Citrus Bowl this year, with mush lower USF attendance than you think.

That very well may be the case.  USF lacks a hard-core traveling fan base due to it's youth.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

One game does not make a rivalry, only time will tell.