Duke (1-10) outrecruited USF

cee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

I am not physically or mentally disabled either cee.

I guess i should walk on to the football team and hope to become a great quarterback.....

You say that jokingly, but that's exactly what's happened at some schools.  Undersized walkons became really, really good college passers.

The car analogy IS terrible.  Cars don't do anything but get worse over time, no matter the car.  Although, the idea of jamming oil into some orifice of PJ's to smooth out his release IS kinda funny.

Back on topic, if you could throw the ball 40-50 yards and were tall enough to see over the line, and on TOP of that already had some QB experience, there is NO reason to believe you COULDN'T become a great QB.

Unless, of course, you had rod smith as a coach.  Are you saying that denson isn't cut out to be a QB?  That might be it, it might not.  But six guys in a row, all working hard, and not a single one has the intelligence to make decent reads (decent, not even great?)

That's the sort of pattern that points somewhere other than the player(s).  These guys aren't morons that grew up in a cave throwing rocks to get their arm strength up.  They're college students, and I guarantee you at least some of the QB's on our roster are intelligent.  It is an insult to both them and the rest of the team to believe that they can not become at least COMPETENT at their position.  Lexus my ass.

~50% completions with more picks than td's isn't competent.  When you've been in a system 4 years, you should at least be able to audible in some blocking.

Even without 5 star talent, a GOOD coach could at least get an average person to be SERVICABLE at that position.  Jeez.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smazza

• Joe

• JGBASEBALL92-94

• Ricky the Bull

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

why give denson a scholarship?

how does a guy go from starting to never playing? bizarro

he started against penn state so leavitt must have thought he had some talent

leavitt was wrong like he is on many of his recruits

untiil we get a coach that can recruit and coach usf will be in the middle of the pack of the worst conference

.mikeg-there is less garbage here than coming out of football offices'.but i do wish you a nice day.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,800
  • Days Won:  213

that may be the most civil thing smazza has ever said to me

same to you steve

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  55

USF would smack dook by 4 touchdowns.......

I'd take USF against dook and most of the acc.....And nc state too.......

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

Why would you go to Duke other than to play basketball and/or to have your degree say "Duke" on it?  ??? I didn't even know they had a football team.

Guest S.  Bien
JGBAseball, you couldn't be further from the truth on that. I know quite a few people at rivals. One I played with...

Joe you shouldn't be playing with any man's.....

Seriously, I know quite a few too, and many, many do not have any skills in football skills analysis.  I'll give you a prime example, everyone jumped on Kylan Robinson's back for some weird reason.  This kid is a first class stud of an athlete but anyone that's seen him play would have to question ranking him the 11th best RB in the country.  He doesn't keep a low pad line, and needs work on his lateral quickness and vision.  If you say hit a hole then he's got the size and speed to motor through it and gain alot of yards, but do you know how many guys I know that did that in HS and never panned out in college.

There are some decent talent scouts at those two competing websites, but by and large the good ones don't see close to all the athletes that are ranked, and many others that help them couldn't tell the difference between a good DT or OL.  Then you throw on top of it all the biased lobbying that goes on with those networks, for example if say Gatorbait editors are strongly emploring the rivals guys to bump a kid from say 2 to four stars it's been know they'll pretty liberal with that, but say a USF website with a few hundred members lobbies for a kid to get bumped.  Well let's just say the kid better have some stellar credentials and video, and then we might get lucky to see him go from 2 to 3.

Routinely most of the big kids have at least 2-4 recruits that get their initial ranking substantially increased to satisfy the masses.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'll agree that those services love hype and they will change stars from time to time based on the hype.

However, their number one subscription on the site is Notre Dame and they dropped 4 of their players to 3 stars (from 4) 2 weeks before signing day.

Your analysis is DEAD ON with Kylan Robinson, and I think Miami agrees,I believe will use him as a FB.

Bein, may I ask what you do, your pretty money when it comes to this stuff.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

can you run as fast or throw as far as courtney denson?

He is much faster than me, Im not so sure about the arm part though.

Actually cee this is one of the few subjects i agree with you on.  Anyone can see that Julmiste has the physical gifts to be a good quarterback, but I feel that the coaching (reverse Rod) combined with a lack of natural feel for the position held him back.  Denson i actually think would have never made a quarterback,  he has a very borderline arm and has even less prescence in the pocket.  

I think your right however that Rod Smith presents a serious threat to the development of CHill, Grothe ( apparently was pretty far along already, gives me some hope) and even Alwan Lee and Nate Allen, who could both probably end up good quarterbacks with the right coaching.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

our qbs will be going downhill from here

smith will coach them down