matt grothe

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737
  • Days Won:  0

if and when the question is answered i will reveal the reason for my concern

Does anyone else feel that if we had answered that Matt went on all the trips, smazza would have had a reason that it was a bad thing?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smazza

• flipflop4900

• twillybull

• Apis Bull

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

I heard that some donor stopped buying his block of tickets because he was upset the coach didn't create a national champion in 10 years, so they couldn't afford to take him.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

Good point smazza QB's have happy feet because they do not play in front of big crowds as you say. Please see Peyton Manning, Smazza also see all of spurriers Gator QB's- do you watch football? Manning plays in front of the biggest crowds in CF is groomed for the game and still when the heat is on he bounces around like a pogo stick.  Bottom line is some guys get happy feet some do not. Grothe's HS stats say he is a little more mobile than most pocket passers and also has an arm. Putting his HS stats up against all the currnet Bulls QB's I take Grothe. Smazza I think you would argue with a stop sign.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

In case you forgot

MATT GROTHE

QUARTERBACK

6-1, 190

LAKELAND, FLA.

LAKE GIBSON, FLA.

Class 4A Player of the Year and a finalist for Florida’s Mr. Football…First team Class 4A all-state as a junior and senior…Led team to state title game against Armwood High…Lakeland Ledger Player of the Year as a junior and senior…Ranked 21st best prospect in Florida by Tampa Tribune and 23rd by Orlando Sentinel…Ranked 24th dual-threat quarterback in the nation by Rivals.com…93rd overall prospect in Florida according to Rivals…Threw for 2700 yards and ran for 1,250 as a senior…33 passing touchdowns and 15 rushing touchdowns…Passed for 2,004 yards as a junior, along with 1,100 rushing yards…25 passing touchdowns as a junior and 14 more on the ground….Born September 8, 1986…Coached by Demyer

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  68

Nuke nothing personal, but I have been there.  What someone did in High School mean nothing in college.  Look at all of top recruits so far.  Either they never made it or left. Coleman, Searcy, Balloon (rumor of transfer) R. McCoullough(rumor of transfer)

I know we have had some good ones Hall and many others, my point is everyone is good in high school and that does not translate into good in college.  Lets not put him on a pedastool yet.  If he was that good he would have played.  Jimbo gives every player the option of redshirting, unless the player has no chance at playing.  Now if he had no chance with our situation last year I doubt one year with Smith will make him all world.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Smazza's World of Wisdom

NICE RING TO IT

what i find funny is that you guys lament over same problems year after yeatr with the football team and EXPECT different results in the future

That isn't funny.

It's one of the definitions for insanity: doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

We shall see, if he plays great, if not so be it. Just as long as he gets a fair shot, its all good. If not ...we shall see! where it leads! thanks for all the support and the critisism. But it is in the coaches hands now and Matts.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Nuke nothing personal, but I have been there.  What someone did in High School mean nothing in college.  Look at all of top recruits so far.  Either they never made it or left. Coleman, Searcy, Balloon (rumor of transfer) R. McCoullough(rumor of transfer)

I know we have had some good ones Hall and many others, my point is everyone is good in high school and that does not translate into good in college.  Lets not put him on a pedastool yet.  If he was that good he would have played.  Jimbo gives every player the option of redshirting, unless the player has no chance at playing.  Now if he had no chance with our situation last year I doubt one year with Smith will make him all world.

How many of those you listed were POTY in their Class?  How many were runner up in the State for Mr. Football?  The best thing about matt is he wanted to be here from the start and never wavered.  That to me shows heart.  Now, we've had "heart" at QB in PJ.  But with Grothe, i think we have heart and the talent to go along with it.  Right now I think his credentials are better than anything we have including Hill,  and he's still a Fr.