• bullsmania

• Triple B

• mutt

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,953
  • Days Won:  436

What is the nearest crossroad?

15th and Fowler ..... Nebraska and Fowler..... about halfway between both.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Its just east of Nebraska on the south side of Fowler.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

its the old Hops building.  on the left side of the road if you are heading west.  near the toys r us

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

sounds like a winner

about time

patronize this place

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

It certainly does have potential, but when we went there, there wasn't much "BULLS" about it... I asked if they were planning to put up some memorabilia and they said "it's on the way"... I told them I personally had 20 times as much at my house. Maybe I should charge for drinks at my house. ;)

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

It certainly does have potential, but when we went there, there wasn't much "BULLS" about it... I asked if they were planning to put up some memorabilia and they said "it's on the way"... I told them I personally had 20 times as much at my house. Maybe I should charge for drinks at my house. ;)

Well, after sinking $2.3M into purchasing and renovating it, they couldn't come up with the $200 for the autographed Jim Leavitt plain-gray sweatshirt just yet.  Maybe Smazza could make a donation to help out...  ;D

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

That’s what I though. I was expecting well a sports bar with a Bulls twist but it looks more like a hops with TV's I hope it turns into dare I say a BULLS SPORTS BAR

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

I went there today for lunch.  I was not that impressed with the place.

1) Not very much in terms of USF decorations both color scheme and wall hangings other than the Bulls Country kit they most likely received from the University

2) The menu looked more like they are trying to attract the corporate customer rather than the University population.  First, the prices were borderline expensive for someone on a student's budget.  Second, the menu choices reflected more of a white tablecloth dinning experience than a sports bar.  Finally, the food I tried was not all that good.  I had the Mahi-Mahi sandwich with onion rings.  The breading on the fish filet was so thick that I barely tasted the fish.  Plus the bread for the sandwich was extremely thick and had absolutely no flavor.  Also, the onion rings were extremely bland with again, too much breading.

3) The strengths of this place is that it's a huge lot and very close to the campus (5 minutes).  It has the potential to tweak its menu and decor to attract the University population and be a prime sports bar on Fowler Ave.

I will revisit the Bull Ring from time to time to see if there are improvements.  I hope this is so because the owners can capitalize on a market that’s not even to barely tapped in the Greater Tampa area.

IMO, the marketing has missed the mark on this one.  I feel if they don't make changes to this place to attract more of the University population that they will go out of business real soon.

Sincerely,

Herd of Thunder Marching Band 2005, Mellophone