Bronson Likely Will Kick USF To The Curb

ChiTownBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Kyle Bronson did and excellent job as a walk-on-kicker w/the same snapper and holder as Benzer. Justin Teachey is just as capable of a kicker w/a longer leg and is also a walk-on-kicker. I hope the best for Kyle and Justin in what they do.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad

• Matt

• rnangel

• bdjbt

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Kyle Bronson did and excellent job as a walk-on-kicker w/the same snapper and holder as Benzer. Justin Teachey is just as capable of a kicker w/a longer leg and is also a walk-on-kicker. I hope the best for Kyle and Justin in what they do.

True, the snaps and holds were better as the season went on, but they were pretty bad in the first 3 games, epsecially in the PSU and UCF games.

• Content Count:  27

Benzer didn't play in the UCF game

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

HE DID NOT DEMAND A SCHOLARSHIP...HE WAS MEETING WITH THE COACH TO QUESTION A SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY..HE WAS TOLD THAT IF HE EARNED THE POSITION, THE SCHOLARSHIP WOULD BE HIS..HE EVIDENTLY EARNED THE POSITION AND NO SCHOLARSHIP WAS AWARDED..MIKE BENZER AND JUSTIN TEACHEY ARE GREAT INDIVIDUALS AND GREAT ATHLETICS...THEY ALL ARE GREAT FRIENDS ON AND OFF THE FIELD..USF IS A GREAT PROGRAM AND WHATEVER IS IN THE FUTURE FOR THIS INDIVIDUAL, ONLY GOD KNOWS AND HE PRAYS DAILY FOR GUIDENCE...HE WORKED HARD ALL SUMMER AND HAS WORKED HARD IN HIS CLASSES..A SCHOLARSHIP IS AN INDICATOR OF HOW HARD ONE WORKS AND HOW WELL THEY PERFORM...HE DESIRES THIS RECOGNITION FOR ALL THE HARD WORK HE HAS PUT INTO THIS GREAT PROGRAM...THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT...

Holy cow!  Are you yelling at us or do you just love to use all caps?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

if JL kicker does well, great

if the kicking game starts like benezer did then JL will feel the heat

it is his choice

• Content Count:  38

sorry, didnt know thats what that meant...just like to us caps....

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Benzer didn't play in the UCF game

Thanks for the correction. I know there were a couple of bad snaps in that game, especially on the field goall attempt they blocked.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

my question is....if Bronson never saw the field this year would he still be at USF just as a normal student?

it seems like he got a chance to be a walk on at a major program and he made good on his chance and now thinks he is deserving of more.

while we will all agree that he is the better kicker of our 2 kickers THIS year but you cannot pull your scholarship on one kid....specially in one year like this.  if bronson wants to leave that is his right and i wish him luck but if he thinks he will get a scholarship at ANY other BCS school in the nation as a transfer then he is just dead wrong.  it WILL not happen.  thats just the way it is for kickers.  

i dont really see why there is such an uproar over this.  who is to say there isn't a kid out there at USF right now who might try to walk-on that could do just as well.  

• Content Count:  38

the ordeal has been completely blown out of it true beginnings...the only thing kyle did was have a quiet talk with coach inquiring about a SCHOLARSHIP THAT WAS INSTRUCTED THAT HE WOULD RECEIVE IF HE EARNED THE STARTING JOB..DID HE NOT RECEIVE THE JOB??????this was an offer given to him from the very beginning..(out of high school)..Kyle worked hard to earn the starting position and now he wants the offer that was offered to him...remember, he is a redshirt freshman so he spent a year working out with S. Gramatica and training with some of the best..Dont make a bigger deal than it really is...his plans may not be to go to a BCS school..but scholarships are availabe elsewhere...

Guest cowbells

i think benzer is third in line as kicker. bronson and teachey both have proven themselves. kickers

should not be taken so llightly as they determine the out come of many games