USF Among the Best Athletic Departments in the US in 2024

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,597
  • Days Won:  11

12 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

7-6 and mens hoops NIT bid along with the AAC regular season championship is not a bad start by both these coaches for their 1st season at USF. Both are home run hires. 

This is not true 

Its an improvement but it shouldn't be award winning. Even my other school Stetson who made it to the NCAAT in both men's basketball and baseball would be more deserving.

7-6 in football, second round of the NIT, bad year in baseball,.. doesn't even get us close to best athletic department, and this award appears to be a joke of some kind

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  612
  • Content Count:  17,243
  • Days Won:  46

4 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Its an improvement but it shouldn't be award winning. Even my other school Stetson who made it to the NCAAT in both men's basketball and baseball would be more deserving.

7-6 in football, second round of the NIT, bad year in baseball,.. doesn't even get us close to best athletic department, and this award appears to be a joke of some kind

You mentioned baseball and guess who made a coaching change this past offseason? MK is on point with USF athletics. Relax as CAAR would say. USF will me fine. Not sure Stetson would be able to compete in the AAC tbh 

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

You mentioned baseball and guess who made a coaching change this past offseason? MK is on point with USF athletics. Relax as CAAR would say. USF will me fine. Not sure Stetson would be able to compete in the AAC tbh 

I am not arguing Stetson should have received the award, clearly they shouldn't, but anyone that follows college sports would understand that last year we were still not a top 60 program in the country.  68 teams made it to the NCAAT, we weren't one of them. Our football team didnt win a game against a team with a winning record, plus blow outs losses against FAU and UAB. Look at Liberty, SMU,.... They probably could make a case, a poor one, but a case.. 

Do you really feel that USF is deserving of the best athletic program in the country award?

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I am not arguing Stetson should have received the award, clearly they shouldn't, but anyone that follows college sports would understand that last year we were still not a top 60 program in the country.  68 teams made it to the NCAAT, we weren't one of them. Our football team didnt win a game against a team with a winning record, plus blow outs losses against FAU and UAB. Look at Liberty, SMU,.... They probably could make a case, a poor one, but a case.. 

Do you really feel that USF is deserving of the best athletic program in the country award?

I believe USF is among the best……. Horns Up \m/ GO BULLS!! Getting hyped again!! 

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

I believe USF is among the best……. Horns Up \m/ GO BULLS!! Getting hyped again!! 

In what metric? Honest question. In what metric right now, at this point in time?

And I am not arguing USF couldn't be worthy of such award in the hopefully near future.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  0

Epic level trolling by BM. 

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

In what metric? Honest question. In what metric right now, at this point in time?

And I am not arguing USF couldn't be worthy of such award in the hopefully near future.

Overall athletics. The VBall is doing great. The cheer teams have already won championships. The golf teams are solid. Both hoops teams are solid. Softball team already has been to the WCWS. The football team destroyed a power conference team in the bowl game last season. WLAX & Women’s beach volleyball are starting up. Track & Field is doing well. The facilities are nice & getting better with the OCS. Overall MK is doing a good job imo 

• Haha 1
  • Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  14,137
  • Days Won:  30

The measurements that matter to evaluate his progress

Football record 24-53 we lost more than twice the games we win. F tier

Conference play 10-39 we lost almost 4 times the game we win in conference play. F TIER

Power  conferences only really care about college football for tv revenue.  Nothing he can do short of going a major win streak and show consistent winning seasons compared to consistent losing seasons should change anyone's mind.

We built an ipf and hasn't helped  much. We now want to spend 350,000,000 on a budget looking stadium , but we are struggling to win  conference games still in year 7 of his leadership. I think we should spend tbe money on hiring proven coaches and athletic directors that punched their way up. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Overall athletics. The VBall is doing great. The cheer teams have already won championships. The golf teams are solid. Both hoops teams are solid. Softball team already has been to the WCWS. The football team destroyed a power conference team in the bowl game last season. WLAX & Women’s beach volleyball are starting up. Track & Field is doing well. The facilities are nice & getting better with the OCS. Overall MK is doing a good job imo 

And i am not even arguing whether Kelly is doing a good job or not. But an award winning job?? 

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

And i am not even arguing whether Kelly is doing a good job or not. But an award winning job?? 

Don’t think USF could find any better for the job. So yes I give him accolades for the job he is currently doing at USF.