This team is not there yet.

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,812
  • Days Won:  28

29 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

This Miami team outclassed us inn every position. They had incredible depth. I don't see how next year we wont be an overwhelming underdog as well, even without their QB. And this one is on the road

Florida is still Florida and on the road. We have not won this type a game in more than a decade

Memphis always rebuildts, they have been one of the most consistent teams in the country lately; also on the road

Boise State is a step us from Southern Miss and will be a tough opponent.

My point is only that next year schedule is tougher than this years schedule and thus i disagree that next year we will have a better road to the playoffs

Miami lost to middle tennessee 2 years ago. And i gotte SEE who their new players are b4 i get scared. 

We played Florida pretty well the last 2 times we played them. Almost beat them in 2022 when we lost by only 3 pts.

Boise is good, but not unbeatable. They lost to Colorado State last year.

We are 2-1 vs Navy in our last 3 games. We beat Navy when we really sucked. Why would I be scared of them when we are a better team?

13 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

He didn't look that great in the first game. Couldn't hit 5 yard passes in the Bama game.

He was throwing accurate passes in the S. Miss game. The receivers kept dropping the passes.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  857
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, smazza said:

we have more fundamental problems

we came out flat in the second half

we lose focus in the second half again

our coaching staff have been badly out coached in the second half of bama and yesterday

the mental mistakes is a sign of a team that cant win when talent and skill are limited

so many bad penalties

We came out deflated the second half..

Possibly after essentially waving the white flag with another conservative FG (which was missed) attempt when you're knocking on the door. Need to SCORE A TD!! FGs don't cut it, even worse when you miss. The whole stadium felt defeated at halftime.

54 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Those stats, except for no interceptions, are bad. And his 2 TDs are 3-yd and 4-yd passing TDs. 

Yep, no pics bc dude throws short safe balls and when he does go long boy does he go long to where it's uncatchable for both teams or straight out of bounds. We got spoiled with Flowers long ball...

51 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

For exampe, we lose to good teams.   I hope this year we have improved to the level where we at least don't lose to bad teams.

I just hope we beat conference teams above .500 this year. Last year was a go starting point but need to actually start beating decent teams. I'm most concerned about the NAVY game.

32 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

This Miami team outclassed us inn every position. They had incredible depth. I don't see how next year we wont be an overwhelming underdog as well, even without their QB. And this one is on the road

Florida is still Florida and on the road. We have not won this type a game in more than a decade

Memphis always rebuildts, they have been one of the most consistent teams in the country lately; also on the road

Boise State is a step us from Southern Miss and will be a tough opponent.

My point is only that next year schedule is tougher than this years schedule and thus i disagree that next year we will have a better road to the playoffs.

Yes Miami beat us as a collective team. Ward was good don't get me wrong but their whole team without him would do it again. Their offensive play calling straight up played us. They used our aggressive defense as a benefit to them. They took our blitzes that they expected and gashed us. They could do that without ward. Out coached.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Miami lost to middle tennessee 2 years ago. And i gotte SEE who their new players are b4 i get scared. 

We played Florida pretty well the last 2 times we played them. Almost beat them in 2022 when we lost by only 3 pts.

Boise is good, but not unbeatable. They lost to Colorado State last year.

We are 2-1 vs Navy in our last 3 games. We beat Navy when we really sucked. Why would I be scared of them when we are a better team?

I wouldn't be scared of anyone since anything is possible in football, but we were debating about which schedule is more difficult. This years or next years? Just my opinion that next year schedule is more difficult than this year. But that is just my opinion and you make good points, and people can disagree.

10 hours ago, BigSteve said:

I am a little surprised at the negativity.  I wasn't surprised by the outcome or the score (I had a blowout predicted on the other thread) but that was more about Miami and less about USF.  Golesh has had ONE year of recruiting and building his culture.  You can't judge a coach until he has a full set of recruiting classes.  Instant gratification throws common sense out the window. 

I thought USF did some good things in the first half, and similar to Alabama, the game kind of got away from them.  No shame in that.  I think the expectations are inflated.

R-E-L-A-X.  USF will be fine.  Just give it some time.

Just wait until we actually win a decent game. There are way less comments. Its easier to complain than to celebrate. And if there are comments its to say how bad our opponent was. lol Some people on this board are stuck on negativity. 

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I wouldn't be scared of anyone since anything is possible in football, but we were debating about which schedule is more difficult. This years or next years? Just my opinion that next year schedule is more difficult than this year. But that is just my opinion and you make good points, and people can disagree.

Cam Ward and 2 NFL WRs and 2  NFL TEs beat us. There is talk that Cam Ward may be the first overall pick. We will not be facing the same UM team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,802
  • Content Count:  38,331
  • Days Won:  29

We have shown we are not on Alabama and Miami's level YET! 

We'll discover if we are on Tulane's and AAC level soon.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,169
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The game went just about how I thought it would...in fact I predicted 49-13 and loss on a tiebreaker to @CousinRicky.  Lesser talented team lands a few early jabs and keeps it somewhat close and then depth, talent and experience takes over and the lesser team gets rolled.  Miami is looking at a very special season this year and a possible. playoff berth and we are no where even close to their level.  They have a future NFL QB and insane talent and depth on both lines of scrimmage.

I hope they don't let this loss carry over to Tulane...mainly because I'll be there😀

I was more impressed that I was only of by 5 yards on the total offense.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,423
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That game scares you? You mean the team that just lost to Louisiana Monroe? Their QB had 88 yds passing. Stop being a scary fan 

Screenshot_20240922-122815.png.b9071957120c27168a87da4a95e8d4dd.png

You mean won...not so much Tulane that worries me but after a big loss I'm worried we come out hung over again like we saw with USM. If we bring our A game all game we win though I'll say. 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  817
  • Days Won:  1

Beat Tulane and Memphis and we'll be fine.