Winners Win

hm101

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yes he has given USF some love in the past. CAG is a good interview...hopefully he is on again with him. 

Golesh is naturally funny and the best communicator of concepts.

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

He's not staying long term if he has success. Just the reality of our situation unfortunately. The USF Ken Erickson's of the college world are few and far between. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

His family will want to stay!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

19 hours ago, hm101 said:

He isn't wrong. By definition winners win more games than they lose and losers lose more games than they win. If the goal is to move to a power conference we have to have the expectation we are competing with and beating power teams. A loss Is a loss. Jeff Scott celebrated moral victories and Goach calls a loss a loss. The results speak for themselves. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,376
  • Days Won:  2

If he leaves for a big p5 program that will suck but it means he was a homerun hire. Prefer we lose coaches that way then firing them.

Now beat Miami this weekend.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

If he leaves for a big p5 program that will suck but it means he was a homerun hire. Prefer we lose coaches that way then firing them.

Now beat Miami this weekend.

Yes! Exactly! The more time we have CAG at USF the better. Hopefully in the meantime he has an apprentice that can take over for USF if CAG ever leaves 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

He's not staying long term if he has success. Just the reality of our situation unfortunately. The USF Ken Erickson's of the college world are few and far between. 

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

His family will want to stay!

Exactly, ET. I don't get why everyone is acting like more money is always the answer to decision making. There are SO MANY other factors.

I could see him maybe leaving one day for his alma mater, Ohio State. Even then, he knows what winters are like in Columbus. Any sane person would prefer to raise their family (in luxury wherever it is) somewhere with nice weather with city amenities that aren't found in smaller college towns.

If USF gives him what he asks for, I don't see why he would leave. Jim Leavitt wouldn't have left. USF is a unique situation, because of our location.

Gainesville, Tallahassee, Tuscaloosa, and the like are not nice places outside of the college campus atmosphere.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

28 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

Exactly, ET. I don't get why everyone is acting like more money is always the answer to decision making. There are SO MANY other factors.

I could see him maybe leaving one day for his alma mater, Ohio State. Even then, he knows what winters are like in Columbus. Any sane person would prefer to raise their family (in luxury wherever it is) somewhere with nice weather with city amenities that aren't found in smaller college towns.

If USF gives him what he asks for, I don't see why he would leave. Jim Leavitt wouldn't have left. USF is a unique situation, because of our location.

Gainesville, Tallahassee, Tuscaloosa, and the like are not nice places outside of the college campus atmosphere.

Tallahassee is quite nice. I like it here. Great place to raise a family.

Would I move to Tampa, all other things being equal? Yes. In a heartbeat.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,777
  • Days Won:  7

59 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

Jim was a unique experience. USF Football was his baby right from the start. He wasn't here for a job, USF was his life. We'll see if USF can become CAG's life. He's been to a lot of places along the way as he takes each next step up the ladder. It's my opinion he takes the next step higher when he believes he's ready, the offers are there, and the timing is right.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, BULLSHTR said:

Thinking about that, this new world of college sports may turn out advantageous for us. Although it's never been just about coaching, it's getting a lot more complicated. Get somewhere where you've got a good quality of life, nice salary, on the same page with Administration being given all they can as far as tools to heavily compete on whatever level you're at  ..... May make them think long and hard at anyone coming after them, especially with Mama having a role in the process.

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1