Time to Put Up or Shut Up!

BullyPulpit

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I guess you're assuming a conf championship with no Miami win means no CFP spot but I get it. It's all about personal perspective when comparing which is "better" .... and having done the big ooc wins, although none have been as big as this one would be, I'm ready to taste some qualifiable success as in a conf trophy and place in a record book.

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Recency bias. Whichever win, I think it was vs WVU, got us to #2 was the biggest (not necessarily the best).

WVU was a conference game so not a big ooc win.

The one that fits your criteria of getting us to #2 was the Kanigit "we're just that much better" game ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

I guess you're assuming a conf championship with no Miami win means no CFP spot but I get it. It's all about personal perspective when comparing which is "better" .... and having done the big ooc wins, although none have been as big as this one would be, I'm ready to taste some qualifiable success as in a conf trophy and place in a record book.

Yes I’m assuming that someone is going to finish better than 10-2 and that no one is getting leap frogged exclusively from aac wins 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Yes I’m assuming that someone is going to finish better than 10-2 and that no one is getting leap frogged exclusively from aac wins 

The one scenario would be USF is Memphis's only regular season loss and then beats them again in the ACCCG. I suppose that might be enough, but not if NIU or Toledo. Would also be interesting to see what the committee would do with an undefeated Liberty. I tend to think an 11-2 USF with losses only to Bama and Miami would get in over a 13-0 Liberty, but who knows. 

10 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The one scenario would be USF is Memphis's only regular season loss and then beats them again in the ACCCG. I suppose that might be enough, but not if NIU or Toledo. Would also be interesting to see what the committee would do with an undefeated Liberty. I tend to think an 11-2 USF with losses only to Bama and Miami would get in over a 13-0 Liberty, but who knows. 

Super close sos inspections and quality losses are exclusively for getting in sec and b10 teams, that shouldn’t be confused with the effort put into selecting who is the one team they are being forced to include. Undefeated Liberty get in without question because it’s easier and no one cares.

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Super close sos inspections and quality losses are exclusively for getting in sec and b10 teams, that shouldn’t be confused with the effort put into selecting who is the one team they are being forced to include. Undefeated Liberty get in without question because it’s easier and no one cares.

Normally, I would be inclined to agree with you. However, Liberty's schedule is historically bad. ECU is the gem of their non-conference schedule that featured Campbell, UTEP and NMSU. Their SOS is 134 out of 134 and projected to be 134 out of 134. I would venture to guess that there are 50 or so teams in the country that would go undefeated up against this slate. The CFP will not want to set a precedent that a team will get in by scheduling as soft as possible. USF's loss to Bama is worth more than any of the wins that Liberty could post this season. I don't think that an 11-2 USF would get left out for a 13-0 Liberty with this schedule:

image.thumb.png.eb0f6ab283d92fd78b521f58e228e27b.png

• Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

We'll know more in a month.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,272
  • Days Won:  10

35 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I wouldnt worry too much about Liberty this year. But I would be worried about NIU ( win against Notre Dame),UNLV ( two wins against Big 12 opponents), Toledo ( beat a SEC team by 20 points), and potentially Boise.

This watered down AAC  conference is no longer a 50 + percent shot of providing the highest ranked group of five champion.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I wouldnt worry too much about Liberty this year. But I would be worried about NIU ( win against Notre Dame),UNLV ( two wins against Big 12 opponents), Toledo ( beat a SEC team by 20 points), and potentially Boise.

This watered down AAC  conference is no longer a 50 + percent shot of providing the highest ranked group of five champion.

The MWC Champ will be in the mix as well. I see UNLV dropping two games, at least. I think Syracuse has enough offense to beat them and they will likely lose to one or two out of Fresno, Boise, SJSU, and SDSU. Hoping the MWC Champ ends up with 3 losses. 

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Normally, I would be inclined to agree with you. However, Liberty's schedule is historically bad. ECU is the gem of their non-conference schedule that featured Campbell, UTEP and NMSU. Their SOS is 134 out of 134 and projected to be 134 out of 134. I would venture to guess that there are 50 or so teams in the country that would go undefeated up against this slate. The CFP will not want to set a precedent that a team will get in by scheduling as soft as possible. USF's loss to Bama is worth more than any of the wins that Liberty could post this season. I don't think that an 11-2 USF would get left out for a 13-0 Liberty with this schedule:

image.thumb.png.eb0f6ab283d92fd78b521f58e228e27b.png

I mean I sometimes exaggerate, the main point is an 11-2 aac conference champion is hardly a lock for a playoff spot. This is even further exacerbated when one of the alternatives beat Notre Dame. If we are hoping it’s going to come down to arguments about each games quality that’s reserved for keeping the unwashed out and not trying to bring in g5 people that are only there to avoid a lawsuit.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

14 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Down go the goal posts…..

Oh, to be tased in victory!!!

• Haha 1