Coach will be good

puc86

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

39 minutes ago, M50_BULL said:

Ehhh one was playing a continuously over hyped team that can't finish, another was playing a consistent multi time national champ that knows how to win.

Beat me to it. ND would get smoked by Alabama.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,981
  • Days Won:  436

8 hours ago, Mister Armstrong said:

What are you basing that aren't there yet comment on because with 6:54 to left in the game and you're down in your opponents red zone area I think that says you are there now, make the decision on whether you want to be good or great

Yeah, I think you might be overinflating the importance of that decision.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  82
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, I think you might be overinflating the importance of that decision.

Aren't proper decisions a part of being good or being great,I wonder how many of the the other coaches at any level of this sport not have taken a chance at victory in that situation.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  82
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

A team who is there can finish that game. Our team is under talented and undersized compared to Alabama. We got as far as we did with that game out of our preparation with what we had but we still haven’t brought in the level of talent and size who possess the natural athletic gifts that take us to the next level. If you’re saying we’re there, I’m going to assume you mean we are better than Alabama. If we’re better than #4 Alabama, are we arguably almost the best team in the country right now after a mediocre season last year. That’s laughable. Not even close, because we aren’t there yet. We aren’t even picked to finish first in our baby conference — didn’t even receive any first place votes either. We clearly have great development occurring in the offseason because of what CAG has brought in and with improved incremental success + top-notch recruiting we will bring more talented players into that development. When that occurs, we can be there. We played just about as well as we could in that environment with our talent level at this point and it wasn’t enough to score multiple TDs and make it 60 minutes without collapsing. We made it about 53 minutes on pure heart, desire and preparation. If we were actually there, we wouldn’t have been absolutely destroyed with a few minutes to go. We had 1 TD the entire game, we had 1 TD in the past games against Alabama (59-19 in two games, 4 FGs, 1 TD). We are not at the same level which means WE. ARE. NOT. THERE. YET. Just like in college basketball you’ll see teams play down to their competition and little guys play up. We play up against Alabama and they play down but then lose against teams like FAU. Once we’re there, you’ll know it. When we run through our conference, then we can discuss where we are. 

Wait,so you're telling me we needed 4/5 star players  to win that game last Saturday after the score was it was in that particular situation,you saying that bama played down to the USF for 3 1/2 quarters and then just decided to turn on juice and blow away USF  at their discretion because talent so much more superior than USFs,no sir  I don't believe that was situation in this particular game,if you score from the 4 yards line you take time off the clock and who knows what Bama's approach would be to trying to score again but almost guarantee you that they don't score 3or4 more TD'S to end the game, CAG would really need to think about that decision in that situation especially moving forward in his career.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Days Won:  7

39 minutes ago, Mister Armstrong said:

Wait,so you're telling me we needed 4/5 star players  to win that game last Saturday after the score was it was in that particular situation,you saying that bama played down to the USF for 3 1/2 quarters and then just decided to turn on juice and blow away USF  at their discretion because talent so much more superior than USFs,no sir  I don't believe that was situation in this particular game,if you score from the 4 yards line you take time off the clock and who knows what Bama's approach would be to trying to score again but almost guarantee you that they don't score 3or4 more TD'S to end the game, CAG would really need to think about that decision in that situation especially moving forward in his career.

Yes, I’m telling you that you need 4/5 star players to win that game. Why do you think no unranked teams (probably lacking 4/5 star players) have beaten Alabama at home in 17 years? Alabama playing down to us didn’t necessarily mean for the entire 60 minutes. It was for about those 53 minutes. They didn’t just turn on the juice, USF just finally broke down and it allowed for Bama’s superior raw natural talent, speed and size differences to come out after a diminished opponent could no longer give their best effort. We were burnt, they weren’t. Once USF was no longer playing above our talent level, Alabama couldn’t do anything but step on the throat. If they weren’t able to destroy us after USF was no longer able to keep going, I’d question who Alabama has on their roster or the coaching staff. But, they didn’t disappoint and did Alabama things against us when we were finished. Most expected what happened in those last few minutes to occur most of the game, so that’s a testament to USF’s determination and preparation. It just simply isn’t good enough yet to compete against the top-tier and win after a whole 60 minutes. Flaws WILL be exposed against top-tier opponents unless the top-tier opponent has some major issues of their own. Take a look at our game last year vs them. Were we a Top 5 team? Absolutely not. But we kept the game similarly close to Alabama in week 2, losing only 17-3. But then take a look at how Alabama did after that, against really big time opponents. They were working through a major issue with their QB. It worked itself out and Bama was Bama again after our game. Bama is there, we aren’t. Yet. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,769
  • Days Won:  53

5 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

Yes, I’m telling you that you need 4/5 star players to win that game

Anakin Skywalker No GIF by Star Wars

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, M50_BULL said:

Ehhh one was playing a continuously over hyped team that can't finish, another was playing a consistent multi time national champ that knows how to win.

That sounds like an argument for why you can’t defer your opportunity against Alabama deep late in the game while perhaps it could be argued as a fine decision against ND… Down 8 against a team you should be assuming is going to score a TD every time they touch the ball here on out (which they did after they were allowed to catch their breath), field goals are worth nothing more than trying to keep it closer.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

5 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

Yes, I’m telling you that you need 4/5 star players to win that game. Why do you think no unranked teams (probably lacking 4/5 star players) have beaten Alabama at home in 17 years? Alabama playing down to us didn’t necessarily mean for the entire 60 minutes. It was for about those 53 minutes. They didn’t just turn on the juice, USF just finally broke down and it allowed for Bama’s superior raw natural talent, speed and size differences to come out after a diminished opponent could no longer give their best effort. We were burnt, they weren’t. Once USF was no longer playing above our talent level, Alabama couldn’t do anything but step on the throat. If they weren’t able to destroy us after USF was no longer able to keep going, I’d question who Alabama has on their roster or the coaching staff. But, they didn’t disappoint and did Alabama things against us when we were finished. Most expected what happened in those last few minutes to occur most of the game, so that’s a testament to USF’s determination and preparation. It just simply isn’t good enough yet to compete against the top-tier and win after a whole 60 minutes. Flaws WILL be exposed against top-tier opponents unless the top-tier opponent has some major issues of their own. Take a look at our game last year vs them. Were we a Top 5 team? Absolutely not. But we kept the game similarly close to Alabama in week 2, losing only 17-3. But then take a look at how Alabama did after that, against really big time opponents. They were working through a major issue with their QB. It worked itself out and Bama was Bama again after our game. Bama is there, we aren’t. Yet. 

That’s why you play for the TD on first and 9, keep them on tilt and don’t let them remember who they are and what they are supposed to do. We removed the doubt from their mind, we took away the pressure and allowed them to comfortably do what would reasonably be expected. Our only shot was to get 8 pts there a fg was no different than taking a knee and giving up, an admission of we can’t score a TD on you anymore no matter how deep we are and you don’t have to worry any more. So they didn’t, with disastrous results for us.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

It took Bama 100 years to get to where they are. USF is a **** good football team for where we are.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,769
  • Days Won:  53

10 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

It took Bama 100 years to get to where they are. USF is a **** good football team for where we are.

Yes we could have won that literal game against the #5 100 year team on Nick Saban day.  With this team we could have won that game against that team.