Coach will be good

puc86

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,769
  • Days Won:  53

3 hours ago, Sk00b said:

This and it would have need 2pt which i assume is your possibly comment. Kick field goal > stop bama > score TD > take lead. Except we forgot to do the second part and the third part. I get everyone being upset about the playcalling here but kicking the FG shouldn't be such a big deal. There was a ton of time left in the game... 

I think it's more about running into a wall of dudes over and over down by the goal line.  Maybe a couple special plays there would have scored a TD.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  82
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/7/2024 at 11:08 PM, M50_BULL said:

I feel so many positive things were undone in the fourth quarter.

Kicking a FG to be LOSING by 5 points against #4 team that is BAMA is sorry ass call.

Not cool. Still love coach but what a ***** move.

If you kick the FG with expectation that defense will stop them then you have to believe that the defense will stop them going 97 yards if you don't make it.

Low risk low reward,he took more risks last year with a team he less acclimated with.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Yes, but failing to seize the opportunity for a win when it is presented is no way to earn a vote of confidence and a contract extension.  Oh, wait....

Had he for the first down we'd be having a totally different conversation right now is what I believe 

On 9/7/2024 at 11:27 PM, USFBulls12 said:

I know you guys feel like we had a chance. We just aren't there yet. I don't know if you heard but Alabama hasn't lost a game at home against an unranked opponent for 17 years. I think it's cute that you thought our team would be the one to do it after 1 mediocre season with an extremely young and inexperienced QB who is still learning a system under a new 2nd year first time head coach. It sucks to lose when you think you can win, but honestly, we were never going to win because we just aren't there yet. We miss those openings in the defense when running because we aren't there yet. We overthrow passes to receivers 40 yards out because we aren't there yet. We decide to kick FGs instead of going for it when we've only scored 1 TD against Alabama in 8 quarters because WE AREN'T THERE YET. Stop whining about whether we made an attempt at trying to temporarily take a lead or not because the rest of the 4th quarter still happened. WE. AREN'T. THERE. YET.

What are you basing that aren't there yet comment on because with 6:54 to left in the game and you're down in your opponents red zone area I think that says you are there now, make the decision on whether you want to be good or great

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mister Armstrong said:

Had he went for the first down we'd be having a totally different conversation right now is what I believe 

22 hours ago, Triple B said:

If it was indeed a chance to pull ahead, he probably would have taken it ...

It was a chance to tie the score and take more time off clock.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Days Won:  7

4 hours ago, Mister Armstrong said:

What are you basing that aren't there yet comment on because with 6:54 to left in the game and you're down in your opponents red zone area I think that says you are there now, make the decision on whether you want to be good or great

A team who is there can finish that game. Our team is under talented and undersized compared to Alabama. We got as far as we did with that game out of our preparation with what we had but we still haven’t brought in the level of talent and size who possess the natural athletic gifts that take us to the next level. If you’re saying we’re there, I’m going to assume you mean we are better than Alabama. If we’re better than #4 Alabama, are we arguably almost the best team in the country right now after a mediocre season last year. That’s laughable. Not even close, because we aren’t there yet. We aren’t even picked to finish first in our baby conference — didn’t even receive any first place votes either. We clearly have great development occurring in the offseason because of what CAG has brought in and with improved incremental success + top-notch recruiting we will bring more talented players into that development. When that occurs, we can be there. We played just about as well as we could in that environment with our talent level at this point and it wasn’t enough to score multiple TDs and make it 60 minutes without collapsing. We made it about 53 minutes on pure heart, desire and preparation. If we were actually there, we wouldn’t have been absolutely destroyed with a few minutes to go. We had 1 TD the entire game, we had 1 TD in the past games against Alabama (59-19 in two games, 4 FGs, 1 TD). We are not at the same level which means WE. ARE. NOT. THERE. YET. Just like in college basketball you’ll see teams play down to their competition and little guys play up. We play up against Alabama and they play down but then lose against teams like FAU. Once we’re there, you’ll know it. When we run through our conference, then we can discuss where we are. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  636

1 hour ago, USFBulls12 said:

A team who is there can finish that game. Our team is under talented and undersized compared to Alabama. We got as far as we did with that game out of our preparation with what we had but we still haven’t brought in the level of talent and size who possess the natural athletic gifts that take us to the next level. If you’re saying we’re there, I’m going to assume you mean we are better than Alabama. If we’re better than #4 Alabama, are we arguably almost the best team in the country right now after a mediocre season last year. That’s laughable. Not even close, because we aren’t there yet. We aren’t even picked to finish first in our baby conference — didn’t even receive any first place votes either. We clearly have great development occurring in the offseason because of what CAG has brought in and with improved incremental success + top-notch recruiting we will bring more talented players into that development. When that occurs, we can be there. We played just about as well as we could in that environment with our talent level at this point and it wasn’t enough to score multiple TDs and make it 60 minutes without collapsing. We made it about 53 minutes on pure heart, desire and preparation. If we were actually there, we wouldn’t have been absolutely destroyed with a few minutes to go. We had 1 TD the entire game, we had 1 TD in the past games against Alabama (59-19 in two games, 4 FGs, 1 TD). We are not at the same level which means WE. ARE. NOT. THERE. YET. Just like in college basketball you’ll see teams play down to their competition and little guys play up. We play up against Alabama and they play down but then lose against teams like FAU. Once we’re there, you’ll know it. When we run through our conference, then we can discuss where we are. 

NIU was in the same boat as USF. One seized the chance, the other didn’t. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,819
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, USFBulls12 said:

Goal Target GIF by Drawify

The coaches gave the guys the best chance they thought for them to succeed, and for 3.5 quarters it worked. The defense was able to keep the game close for as long as they could, but eventually talent and depth took over. We still lack high-end running back and receiver talent outside of Atkins. The offense needs more playmakers in the backfield and WR group if we want to score more points and improve in the red zone. The good news is we probably won't see a defense in the AAC nearly as tough, big, or athletic as Bama or the U. If the Bulls can grow from these two games win or lose, develop a killer instinct to put teams away when given the chance, and then USF would position ourselves in a much better place to win the AAC.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  859
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, 00Bull said:

NIU was in the same boat as USF. One seized the chance, the other didn’t. 

Ehhh one was playing a continuously over hyped team that can't finish, another was playing a consistent multi time national champ that knows how to win.

• Go Bulls! 3