Coach will be good

puc86

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,769
  • Days Won:  53

2 hours ago, OhioBull said:

To me it was simple…we had to have a TD there no matter what. The play calling was awful. I love Goach but those 4 calls, field goal included, was trash. He has to own that. We gave ourselves no shot. We got down there running off tackle and outside a bit and instead we go into the heart of the D three times. It’s not complicated. Our coaching staff let the team down.

I think the playcalling goes into complete brain freeze sometimes.  This happened last year too.  I was hoping we were spending much of the offseason trying to design creative plays to get the ball in the endzone.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Sk00b said:

i didn't see this posted but at the 9 min mark he addresses it pretty well.

I didn't watch this last night...just did now and I think he addressed it terribly.

He got upset and couldn't handle the question. "You think that's what happened?" "Well since *I'm* the head coach I'm telling you it was the right call" "And I'm not being a jerk". 

I mean great he was pissed, so he cares and shows emotions... But I want someone who cares and is smart with killer instincts.  It's *not* about losing, everyone loses to Bama all the time... it's that we didn't even act like we wanted it more on offense.

When was the last time we saw a creative or trick play.  Y'all remember Rutgers pulling out the stops to take down a #2 team?

Freaking give me something more entertaining than the Sterling Gilbert 2.0 offense.  

And look, even people like Greg Auman can't explain the field goal.  So it's not just some random internet goober (me) complaining.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,137
  • Days Won:  172

15 hours ago, puc86 said:

But never great. You play to win the game, he never seems to. Play it safe, play it close, super fun stuff for the gamblers but only sadness for the fans. I will cry zero tears when he gets called up to the conference in the sky.

no guts no glory

he is a new head coach

growing pains

he doesnt appear to have balls

when you are  playing a team with much more talent than you and you have a chance to pull ahead when we were inside the tem. You go for the touchdown.  running up the middle twice. that was the time to run a trick play.

and than not to on side kick. DUMB

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,137
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

I didn't watch this last night...just did now and I think he addressed it terribly.

He got upset and couldn't handle the question. "You think that's what happened?" "Well since *I'm* the head coach I'm telling you it was the right call" "And I'm not being a jerk". 

I mean great he was pissed, so he cares and shows emotions... But I want someone who cares and is smart with killer instincts.  It's *not* about losing, everyone loses to Bama all the time... it's that we didn't even act like we wanted it more on offense.

When was the last time we saw a creative or trick play.  Y'all remember Rutgers pulling out the stops to take down a #2 team?

Freaking give me something more entertaining than the Sterling Gilbert 2.0 offense.  

And look, even people like Greg Auman can't explain the field goal.  So it's not just some random internet goober (me) complaining.

He must not have confidence in our players to execute

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  4,191
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

Giving the benefit of doubt, I wondered if he was trying to accept responsibility in a way that would insulate his players from further scrutiny.  Effectively grabbed the attention onto himself and kept it off of the individual team members.  I'll take emotion as the guys respond well to it.  Remember the bowl game and that ass whooping.  He has killer instincts.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,677
  • Days Won:  19

15 hours ago, Southbull said:

Goach is still my guy. I am not going to question a guy who made us competitive against the #4 team in the nation. A few years ago when we had Charlie Strong or Jeff Scott the game were usually over by the first quarter. We were not even competitive with those guys.

Yes, but failing to seize the opportunity for a win when it is presented is no way to earn a vote of confidence and a contract extension.  Oh, wait....

• Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,734
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, smazza said:

He must not have confidence in our players to execute

In particular BB, after failing to hit on those 3 deep throws and worm dirting a bunch of others he had no confidence in Brown to hit a crucial pass.  Hell, even his completions were off target forcing the receivers to make great catches.

I don't know what has happened to Brown.  I don't know if it's the added weight or they tweaked with his mechanics but something is wrong.  I was so hoping for a huge leap forward this year from him but instead he has appeared to regress.

With this years defense and last years offense we can do some damage in the conference.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,981
  • Days Won:  436

26 minutes ago, smazza said:

no guts no glory

he is a new head coach

growing pains

he doesnt appear to have balls

when you are  playing a team with much more talent than you and you have a chance to pull ahead when we were inside the tem. You go for the touchdown.  running up the middle twice. that was the time to run a trick play.

and than not to on side kick. DUMB

If it was indeed a chance to pull ahead, he probably would have taken it ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,981
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Yes, but failing to seize the opportunity for a win when it is presented

It was an opportunity for a tie, possibly. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,676
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It was an opportunity for a tie, possibly. 

This and it would have need 2pt which i assume is your possibly comment. Kick field goal > stop bama > score TD > take lead. Except we forgot to do the second part and the third part. I get everyone being upset about the playcalling here but kicking the FG shouldn't be such a big deal. There was a ton of time left in the game... 

Edited by Sk00b
  • Upvote 1