Coach will be good

puc86

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,768
  • Days Won:  53

2 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

I know you guys feel like we had a chance. We just aren't there yet. I don't know if you heard but Alabama hasn't lost a game at home against an unranked opponent for 17 years. I think it's cute that you thought our team would be the one to do it after 1 mediocre season with an extremely young and inexperienced QB who is still learning a system under a new 2nd year first time head coach. It sucks to lose when you think you can win, but honestly, we were never going to win because we just aren't there yet. We miss those openings in the defense when running because we aren't there yet. We overthrow passes to receivers 40 yards out because we aren't there yet. We decide to kick FGs instead of going for it when we've only scored 1 TD against Alabama in 8 quarters because WE AREN'T THERE YET. Stop whining about whether we made an attempt at trying to temporarily take a lead or not because the rest of the 4th quarter still happened. WE. AREN'T. THERE. YET.

But it was there for the taking.  You kind of make your own destiny and then you are there.

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Watched the presser and you can tell  Golesh is upset and hurting from the loss. I fully expect him to use this a point to learn and grow as a coach and team. I think the fight didn't die,but the talent and depth made up for the lack of coaching and prepartion. If we can play Bama at NicK Saban Field that tough we can beat anyone in the AAC if the bulls bring their game.

Loved what he said in the press conference and I agree if you have to score twice and your defense is playing well, kick the FG.  HOWEVER, running the ball up the middle twice, not good.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

But it was there for the taking.  You kind of make your own destiny and then you are there.

I agree with you. You make your own destiny and then you’re there. But, that doesn’t happen when you want it to if the preparation wasn’t there. It happens when it’s ready. The guys on the other side of the ball are top-notch athletes who are fulfilling their destiny of being a part of a winning program that takes care of business because they’ve been putting in high level work for years. Our guys and our systems aren’t there yet. It’s not really something you just decide when you want it because the other side is also deciding they want it. The difference is, it comes easier when you’re prepared, when you’ve stuck to and perfected your process. It’ll come, but just because the second season is here and they’ve been at this for a little bit now, it’s not there yet. It’s definitely getting closer but we aren’t slaying Goliath yet. CJL didn’t slay Goliath at the beginning either. It takes a bit of time. Maybe if this was week 8 or 9, we’d have done better to prevent the costly errors that one by one took us out of it. Alabama is just much further along in perfecting their process and have been doing it for a long time so they perfect it with new guys quicker.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

The game and paly calling in the red zone reminded me when the local store gets in your favorite imported six pack and you love it so much until you are on the last beer and have none left. It leaves a taste of letdowns and regrets in your mouth, reminding you to prepare betting next and buy more beer. Our preparation has to meet our execution.

I’m tired of always having to have blue balls against blue bloods, we have nothing to lose. We are free rolling with house money since we are expected to lose and should play with the corresponding freedom that affords us.

11 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Loved what he said in the press conference and I agree if you have to score twice and your defense is playing well, kick the FG.  HOWEVER, running the ball up the middle twice, not good.

It requires a complete disregard for situational awareness, complete ignorance of history and ignorance of the fact that fortune favors the bold. We aren’t not scoring a TD there, stopping them and then marching right down to score a TD later in any reasonable scenario. At some point you have to shoot your shot, we chose to let the clock expire instead. Coach should be mad but only at himself, he failed to put the team in a position to win at the most crucial of times because he is soft and will forever be.

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

The series in the zone was awful, the game plan and team prep was awesome, end of the day, love the dude. 

Such a lovable loser maybe the most lovable of the bunch that we can toss in the pile we have continued to collect for the second half of our history.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,802
  • Content Count:  38,331
  • Days Won:  29

I don’t see it as a difference maker … Coach gave his reason and would do it over.

Agree with Coach!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,977
  • Days Won:  436

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

I’m tired of always having to have blue balls against blue bloods, we have nothing to lose. We are free rolling with house money since we are expected to lose and should play with the corresponding freedom that affords us.

Thankfully Jim didn't feel that way against the other SEC team in Alabama.

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

I don’t see it as a difference maker … Coach gave his reason and would do it over.

Agree with Coach!

That’s exactly the problem. Coach was wrong and will always be wrong. We took our foot off the gas. The air immediately entered back into the stadium and Alabama instantly remembered what was supposed to happen and how to play their game. Keep punching, keep them confused and make them play uncomfortable. Everyone knew what was going to happen after that series and how the game was going to end, everyone.

Just now, puc86 said:

That’s exactly the problem. Coach was wrong and will always be wrong. We took our foot off the gas. The air immediately entered back into the stadium and Alabama instantly remembered what was supposed to happen and how to play their game. Keep punching, keep them confused and make them play uncomfortable. Everyone knew what was going to happen after that series and how the game was going to end, everyone.

One thing people often miss is that football (especially college) is emotional and situational.  We were moving the ball easily.  If we punch it in there who knows how they react.  The defense looked physically toast though, but who knows maybe Bama makes a mistake.