Coach will be good

puc86

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,754
  • Days Won:  2

We've lost to Alabama and #8 Miami. Likely the best team the cane's have had in 2 decades. I'd like to see more for sure but let's see how the rest of the season plays out. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, mjadams said:

We've lost to Alabama and #8 Miami. Likely the best team the cane's have had in 2 decades. I'd like to see more for sure but let's see how the rest of the season plays out. 

A sizable portion of the southern miss game was a rough watch as well. If it’s calling for his head or offering extensions i completely agree on a wait and see approach but a look at how he is doing and what that will likely lead to has had plenty of time to form an opinion. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Days Won:  7

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The belief that CAG is the savior because he beat some trash football teams last year is astonishing. The people that compare his success to Abdur-rahim baffle me.

Last year was a nice little turn around, but this program is much further from competing in the AAC than many on here want to believe. We are not winning this conference this year.

We have a long way to go, and I'm not sure we will ever get there. Just sad.

You don’t turn a football team around in 1 season. This isn’t a 5 man starting roster that can be flipped in 1 year. Have coaches and teams been fortunate to have a 1 year turn around, sure. But have those 1 year turn arounds been just a blip in the coach’s record because of getting lucky because of a very special transfer QB or did it result in sustained success the next 5 seasons for that same coach and program? I don’t think everyone thinks CAG is a savior because we beat some trash teams last season, but the fact that we DID beat those trash teams last season and we weren’t the trash team for once in a long time says something about improvement in season 1. I personally assess CAG by his personality, his demeanor, his seriousness, and yes, his ability to win games that he realistically should win. We are exactly where everyone expected USF to be in year 2 after game 4 on this schedule, 2-2 with losses to arguably two Top 4 teams. You know what a win over a Top 4 team is called when you’re not a Top 1-3 team, an upset. It’s called an upset because it’s not expected or “supposed to” happen. We are fine. When we start losing games we actually should win this season, then there’s an argument to be made, otherwise it’s just whining that we aren’t a Top 3 team, which is ridiculous. As much as some think these were winnable games, they just weren’t. Be serious. Cam Ward will be a top QB in the NFL for the next decade. Could we have beaten a young Patrick Mahomes, how about Aaron Rodgers? Have some perspective. The road to greatness has a lot of bumps in it and the bumps are most evident when you’re playing against far superior opponents who punish you for not playing far above your talent level for all 60 minutes. 

Edited by USFBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,754
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

You don’t turn a football team around in 1 season. This isn’t a 5 man starting roster that can be flipped in 1 year. Have coaches and teams been fortunate to have a 1 year turn around, sure. But have those 1 year turn arounds been just a blip in the coach’s record because of getting lucky because of a very special transfer QB or did it result in sustained success the next 5 seasons for that same coach and program? I don’t think everyone thinks CAG is a savior because we beat some trash teams last season, but the fact that we DID beat those trash teams last season and we weren’t the trash team for once in a long time says something about improvement in season 1. I personally assess CAG by his personality, his demeanor, his seriousness, and yes, his ability to win games that he realistically should win. We are exactly where everyone expected USF to be in year 2 after game 4 on this schedule, 2-2 with losses to arguably two Top 4 teams. You know what a win over a Top 4 team is called when you’re not a Top 1-3 team, an upset. It’s called an upset because it’s not expected or “supposed to” happen. We are fine. When we start losing games we actually should win this season, then there’s an argument to be made, otherwise it’s just whining that we aren’t a Top 3 team, which is ridiculous. As much as some think these were winnable games, they just weren’t. Be serious. Cam Ward will be a top QB in the NFL for the next decade. Could we have beaten a young Patrick Mahomes, how about Aaron Rodgers? Have some perspective. The road to greatness has a lot of bumps in it and the bumps are most evident when you’re playing against far superior opponents who punish you for not playing far above your talent level for all 60 minutes. 

Every game is winnable. If you don't think that....you're part of the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,171
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, mjadams said:

Just watching the first half of Memphis v Navy. Can see us losing to both of them. Then there's Tulane next week after suffering a lot of injuries this week. Are they all winnable? Maybe but there's no way we run the table.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,676
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

As much as some think these were winnable games, they just weren't 

Agreed. In a fantasy land (or CFB 25), they are winnable. I guess I am part of the problem. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, mjadams said:

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

Agreed. In a fantasy land (or CFB 25), they are winnable. I guess I am part of the problem. 

Man I must be part of the problem then! I should’ve practiced harder when I was a kid and got myself up to 5 star spectator status so I could be recruited to be a starting fan by a better football program where every game is winnable. Hypothetically then does that apply to playing against the Miami Hurricanes of the 1980s/1990s who completely dominated as 4x national champions as well? Could this 2024 USF beat them? How about any matchup against a Super Bowl champion, should those games be winnable too? Or maybe can we come to an agreement that not every game is winnable and you’re wearing your cockeyed optimism glasses today and not seeing reality as it is. 

Edited by USFBulls12

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,981
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Just watching the first half of Memphis v Navy. Can see us losing to both of them

Just watching the first half of our Bama and Canes game, I can see us beating both of them. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  4,191
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just watching the first half of our Bama and Canes game, I can see us beating both of them. 

Taylor Swift Reaction GIF by moodman

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, USFBulls12 said:

Could we have beaten a young Patrick Mahomes, how about Aaron Rodgers? Have some perspective. The road to greatness has a lot of bumps in it and the bumps are most evident when you’re playing against far superior opponents who punish you for not playing far above your talent level for all 60 minutes. 

Actually yes, Mahomes’ record in college was 13-19