Tailgate for Bama Game

FazaUSF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,669
  • Days Won:  25

23 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Yeah let's get these areas on the map to find safe zones 🤣

We're walking about a mile and a half from our hotel. Of course there is a brewery and a couple of watering holes along the way.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

So, I see parking at Bama on game day is devoid of great options for us. Their Quad is typical for tailgating, but as a non-Bama-ticket-holder, student, faculty, etc - the only way to tailgate there with all the Bama fans would be to purchase an expensive tent setup ($1500 minimum with no generator or sound allowed) which would of course not be USF tents but their setup under plain white tents through a third-party company called "Gameday Done Right." We're stuck over a mile away for any public lots, though there are shuttles. I vaguely remember stumbling quite a long distance in 2003 from the tailgate to the stadium, so things likely haven't changed much.

I bought 2 spots in Lot B - University Medical Center Lot. It opens at 7am. That means we could grill out and be happily toasty long before having to shut down early ahead of a 1.36 mile walk to the stadium (or to await a shuttle). If there's enough interest, let's make it happen! Would prefer to have at least a few more cars full of green. What say you, Bulls fans?! Are we doin' this?!

image.png.7b5cf3ece02abbd698f581507892dd2f.png

image.thumb.png.ca076207614fa44bbceaf901d6497391.png

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  3,495
  • Days Won:  5

47 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

So, I see parking at Bama on game day is devoid of great options for us. Their Quad is typical for tailgating, but as a non-Bama-ticket-holder, student, faculty, etc - the only way to tailgate there with all the Bama fans would be to purchase an expensive tent setup ($1500 minimum with no generator or sound allowed) which would of course not be USF tents but their setup under plain white tents through a third-party company called "Gameday Done Right." We're stuck over a mile away for any public lots, though there are shuttles. I vaguely remember stumbling quite a long distance in 2003 from the tailgate to the stadium, so things likely haven't changed much.

I bought 2 spots in Lot B - University Medical Center Lot. It opens at 7am. That means we could grill out and be happily toasty long before having to shut down early ahead of a 1.36 mile walk to the stadium (or to await a shuttle). If there's enough interest, let's make it happen! Would prefer to have at least a few more cars full of green. What say you, Bulls fans?! Are we doin' this?!

image.png.7b5cf3ece02abbd698f581507892dd2f.png

image.thumb.png.ca076207614fa44bbceaf901d6497391.png

I’m in for tailgating but I won’t be there till about 9-9:30am

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Days Won:  1

@FazaUSF just a reminder this is not the same location as the game in 2003, which was in Birmingham.  Just don't want you to think of how it was 20 years ago when its not the same city.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

57 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

@FazaUSF just a reminder this is not the same location as the game in 2003, which was in Birmingham.  Just don't want you to think of how it was 20 years ago when its not the same city.

Oh yeah, great point! The years are all fuzzing together :D

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,769
  • Days Won:  19

I'll be out there somewhere on Saturday. I will have my two oldest daughters with me (9 and 6). Not sure if my wife is coming or not. I'm either driving in from Texas on Friday in the minivan (hotel both nights) or flying into Pensacola on Friday, buying a truck I've been watching online, and driving up to Tuscaloosa that evening after visiting some relatives in Gulf Breeze. I'll have my Trump cooler with me in case people can't recognize me anymore (I'm old and fat - but can still beat Brad in hoops). Looking forward to catching up with you Dr. Faza.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,422
  • Content Count:  98,258
  • Days Won:  490

23 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

(I'm old and fat - but can still beat Brad in hoops)

You're on!

Some of my fondest road trip memories came about traveling with @The Sheriff to Alabama from Tampa ✈️ for the previous matchup at Legion Field.  What fun, despite the loss.  From the airport to walking from the hotel to LF (picking up a case of beer on the way).  Then meeting up with Bulls fans (and 'bama ladies with shooters) at the tailgate and ultimately trying to find a ride back to the airport for the plane...stories to tell.  Great time.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,621
  • Days Won:  52

I read online (someone else posted) there are lots a mile from the stadium "downtown" and you can take a "stadium stroll" to the game.  I'm not sure what they allow there though.

The weather seems to be starting to nudge down just in time.  I hope it continues.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I read online (someone else posted) there are lots a mile from the stadium "downtown" and you can take a "stadium stroll" to the game.  I'm not sure what they allow there though.

The weather seems to be starting to nudge down just in time.  I hope it continues.

If I remember correctly, that may have been a garage to park downtown.  Not much tailgating there.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

I came across this link that states quad tailgating is free on a first come, first served basis. But I’m not sure if there are any additional restrictions.

https://uagameday.com/tailgating/

• Like 1