11 Years in the Making - College football 25

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

Finally was able to run a kickoff back for a TD last night. Have had it happen like 4 times against me (sad, I know).

Walloped #12 Miami 48-9 and moved up to #13. AAC play begins with a game at Navy. 

• Like 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

Bobby Dodd ready to reinstate what he learned from General Neyland while playing at Tennessee and coached at his first go-round at Tech! The coaching search came down to Dodd or John Heisman, but Dodd seemed to be the better "fit" for Tech brass.

Bobby Dodd - Football - University of Tennessee Athletics

Ken Dorsey is building back the U after successful coordinator stints in the NFL. 

The whole acc, Tulane, and usf outside of WVU, Miami, and GT are opener for takers. I didn't take usf this time hoping to get someone new to join and take them. If anyone wants to join us in a casual fun ACC dynasty league let us know. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

2 hours ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

You should check out Kurt Benkert's video from yesterday on CFB 25. Former NFL QB who was getting pissed because he was setting his line for protection, calling out the Mike and still getting zero pass protection. It was just funny because I can't imagine regular guys trying to tell Kurt "Should've slid your line, man".

He is really good!  I guess he has experience reading defenses.  

But yes they broke the O line with the patch.   I'm hoping they fix it in the 29th update or I'll keep adjusting my sliders.  Pretty incompetent stuff and EA has been the same since the late 90s.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

56 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I guess he has experience reading defenses.  

I am finding that I am getting a little better reading the defense. I don't audible much on offense, but moving the WR's in motion is a good tactic at times. I have been able to isolate a DB the last few games much more frequently than before.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

FSU WR Malik Benson is an a$$hole. EA decided he would be this week's Superman. Went off for 260 yards on 11 catches. While I did beat FSU, each time I took a lead, this guy scored a TD EACH time on a offensive drive that would last 3-5 plays. Literally, each time I took the lead. EA shenanigans were strong in this game. 

48 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

FSU WR Malik Benson is an a$$hole. EA decided he would be this week's Superman. Went off for 260 yards on 11 catches. While I did beat FSU, each time I took a lead, this guy scored a TD EACH time on a offensive drive that would last 3-5 plays. Literally, each time I took the lead. EA shenanigans were strong in this game. 

When they decide to have the CPU go on a run, they are almost unstoppable.  Suddenly the front 7 is beast mode, they can close 15 yards to swat your passes, and they are invincible on offense.  When I detect it, sometimes I just sim the defense and get lucky.  Then the only way I can break it on offense is to go to my cheese plays to get a first down like PA comeback in the gun, or a rollout play and hope they block the DE...

It does seem like if you survive a few rounds it goes back to normal. 

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

When they decide to have the CPU go on a run, they are almost unstoppable.  Suddenly the front 7 is beast mode, they can close 15 yards to swat your passes, and they are invincible on offense.  When I detect it, sometimes I just sim the defense and get lucky.  Then the only way I can break it on offense is to go to my cheese plays to get a first down like PA comeback in the gun, or a rollout play and hope they block the DE...

It does seem like if you survive a few rounds it goes back to normal. 

I started the game up 10-0 and it started from there. It was just trading scores and me having to try and keep a two-score game alive. I scored with about 32 seconds left in the game to make it 45-31. What happened? Malik Benson scores in about 8 seconds. So I decided, as dangerous as it was, to try and score a spite TD. I did, so I won 51-38, but I hate that it feels like you have to trade scores. So many times I had my LBs in position to at least swat a pass and I hit "Y" and no animation. Just stand there or the FSU WR runs through my defender and makes the catch. I had a stop early on when I was up 10-0...FSU punted...flag...roughing the Punter...FSU gets ball back and scores in two plays. It was on after that.

2 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

I started the game up 10-0 and it started from there. It was just trading scores and me having to try and keep a two-score game alive. I scored with about 32 seconds left in the game to make it 45-31. What happened? Malik Benson scores in about 8 seconds. So I decided, as dangerous as it was, to try and score a spite TD. I did, so I won 51-38, but I hate that it feels like you have to trade scores. So many times I had my LBs in position to at least swat a pass and I hit "Y" and no animation. Just stand there or the FSU WR runs through my defender and makes the catch. I had a stop early on when I was up 10-0...FSU punted...flag...roughing the Punter...FSU gets ball back and scores in two plays. It was on after that.

That's another thing.  The flags that come in...  Hah.

6 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

That's another thing.  The flags that come in...  Hah.

Feel like I should control the EMOL on the punt to make sure he doesn't run into the Punter moving forward. Anyway, on to Georgia State tonight. Maybe I can hold a two-score lead tonight against GSU. 

4 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

Feel like I should control the EMOL on the punt to make sure he doesn't run into the Punter moving forward. Anyway, on to Georgia State tonight. Maybe I can hold a two-score lead tonight against GSU. 

Some people online are just playing like prevent coverage on a punt in critical situations so they can't pull a flag BS.