11 Years in the Making - College football 25

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

5 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I love that play. I'll have to look at my stats of usage and yardage. I don't use it much, but I gain at least 8 yards or more with it on average.

It's great!  One time I actually had the blocks set up all the way down the field for once and panicked.  Oh well...

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,828
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I really like the recruiting post patch.  It does limit your visits to I think 4 per week, but it also limits it for everyone else.  I feel pretty comfortable getting everyone I am going after now.

Yeah that's the one with a speed RB.  I just really want a jet touch pass play where the WR goes in motion and you can just give it to the WR.  There's been times where my main RBs are gassed and I have a 99 WR sitting there and I want to keep baiting them more toward the run.  I am getting a pretty good rotation with 4 RBs now.

By the way, I had an epiphany with a power RB.  I didn't realize if you tap X it will break tackles where you are being contested (even when it is not blinking on the screen?).  I have a power RB that can run between the tackles and just shed 3 guys and get open grass.  Pretty cool.  It doesn't work all the time but definitely against the smaller guys.  Also you can tap hit stick forward at the last second when a little guy is trying to tackle and just truck him into the ground.  I had my first Beast Mode run just trucking people and shedding everyone.  I am now recruiting a mix of fast and power RBs...

I am also finding with the USF playbook it is nice to use hot routes for the TEs.  Sometimes they have them running into some weird areas where a nice quick out or corner route is all that is needed.  A lot of the playbook is running 3 people into the same middle area to flood it, which gets me lots of INTs.  So I send one the other way and he is wide open.

It takes a while until the nation understands that USF is dominant.  🤣

How many stars is your version of USF?  Maybe that is taken into account?  It takes a while to slowly bring up all of those things.

We're at 4.5 stars currently with Academic Prestige(stupid UCiF Devs) and Facilities being the only things under a B. We're pretty solidly an A to A+ school now for the rest with the Pac12 and Coaching Stability sitting at a B. I turned down FSU the last Coaching Carousel and they were considered a downgrade. The current roster is a 92 overall with a 94 Defensive rating and 90 offensive rating. Not sure why we're always 12th to start but have been running a gauntlet to start the season every year to get up to #1 before finishing around 4th after conference play starts. 

Edit: Been playing All American difficulty but thinking of bumping up to Heisman lately. 

Edited by 206BULL

I just found a cool thing.  Sometimes I sim defense because it can get annoying.  

I read that if you change you sim speed to slow you can watch the game play out like watching from the stands, then jump back in on offense.  So now I can actually watch which players are doing what instead of just seeing the box score.

42 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

We're at 4.5 stars currently with Academic Prestige(stupid UCiF Devs) and Facilities being the only things under a B

You can definitely get it up to 5 stars.  The facilities just keep lagging behind for a while...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

If anyone on XBOX wants to join TheBullsPen online dynasty, we have moved USF, Tulane and WVU into the ACC for a 20-team league. Miami and Georgia Tech are taken. I believe Pitt/WVU are already possible selections as well, but USF is currently open. You can join by searching for the league name: TBTACC & the password is: tbt. 

@Outlaw runs it and started it, but figured I'd throw this PSA out there for anyone that wants to join, now that we are operating in a "power" conference. Should have access to better 'croots right off the bat in the ACC due to conference prestige.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

12 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

If anyone on XBOX wants to join TheBullsPen online dynasty, we have moved USF, Tulane and WVU into the ACC for a 20-team league. Miami and Georgia Tech are taken. I believe Pitt/WVU are already possible selections as well, but USF is currently open. You can join by searching for the league name: TBTACC & the password is: tbt. 

@Outlaw runs it and started it, but figured I'd throw this PSA out there for anyone that wants to join, now that we are operating in a "power" conference. Should have access to better 'croots right off the bat in the ACC due to conference prestige.

Are You Ready Mma GIF by BRAVE Combat Federation

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,780
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Are You Ready Mma GIF by BRAVE Combat Federation

Drag Race Cooking GIF by TAZO

I am going West Virginia, let’s burn some couches!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Bobby Dodd ready to reinstate what he learned from General Neyland while playing at Tennessee and coached at his first go-round at Tech! The coaching search came down to Dodd or John Heisman, but Dodd seemed to be the better "fit" for Tech brass.

Bobby Dodd - Football - University of Tennessee Athletics

• Upvote 1

This video analyzes some nerdy deets:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This video analyzes some nerdy deets:

You should check out Kurt Benkert's video from yesterday on CFB 25. Former NFL QB who was getting pissed because he was setting his line for protection, calling out the Mike and still getting zero pass protection. It was just funny because I can't imagine regular guys trying to tell Kurt "Should've slid your line, man".