11 Years in the Making - College football 25

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

On 8/12/2024 at 8:30 PM, 206BULL said:

USF is currently playing in the PAC 12 with the top 5 AAC and MWC teams, along with the service academies, joining WSU and Oregon State. 

I went ACC, and moved UCONN into the American.  The funny thing is that UCONN is now number 2 in the nation so I might regret it.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,251
  • Days Won:  37

The Bulls move on to the CFP Semifinal with a 31-28 win over Kentucky and will face the defending National Champion Michigan Wolverines.

Another slow start, but overcame 2 separate 10 point deficits to win. Passing game finally breaks out with Byrum throwing for over 450 yards.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, John Lewis said:

The Bulls move on to the CFP Semifinal with a 31-28 win over Kentucky and will face the defending National Champion Michigan Wolverines.

Another slow start, but overcame 2 separate 10 point deficits to win. Passing game finally breaks out with Byrum throwing for over 450 yards.

Get it brother! Bring home that 'chip!

Meanwhile, I haven't played in a few days. Jumping on the sticks tonight to prep for my game against Army later this week. 

Just want to point out that @BULLSHTR has taken this guy - Dean Connors - the the brink of the Heisman in our online dynasty. Each week this kid has like 8 catches for 100+ and then 150+ rushing. It's insane and I'm glad I don't have to play Rice this season. Dean Connors - Nightmare Maker

image.png.bd0b3c3c3776c8024fbd0217952783fc.png

• Upvote 1

So I ran a very unscientific test last night. I completed a play now game between FSU & Alabama. I ran my option playbook against Bama and ran for 412 yards. To me, this seems like the drop in rushing success that I've seen in my dynasty is more related to wear/tear as the season goes on than the running being more difficult. I'm willing to bet at the beginning of each season, you'll have more rushing success and see it scale down a bit as each season goes on. 

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

So I ran a very unscientific test last night. I completed a play now game between FSU & Alabama. I ran my option playbook against Bama and ran for 412 yards. To me, this seems like the drop in rushing success that I've seen in my dynasty is more related to wear/tear as the season goes on than the running being more difficult. I'm willing to bet at the beginning of each season, you'll have more rushing success and see it scale down a bit as each season goes on. 

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

I'm monitoring a lot of freakouts on Reddit.  The wear and tear effects seem to be increased.  Make sure to sub out in game.  If you look at their stat reductions it's shocking and you will get killed.

They definitely messed up the O line though.  There's tons of videos of O lines glitching out and it is unrelated to the sprint button.  

Fun fact: I got USF to be a 5 star school so it is possible even with that C- campus lifestyle score.  Recruiting is a breeze when you have 1150 hours to play with and boosted lvl5 (pink) pipelines.  May be time to start over and try that Scheme Guru build.  I also did some nice program builder skills and that insta commit skill in CEO, but I don't know if I would spend those CEO points again.  

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I'm monitoring a lot of freakouts on Reddit.  The wear and tear effects seem to be increased.  Make sure to sub out in game.  If you look at their stat reductions it's shocking and you will get killed.

They definitely messed up the O line though.  There's tons of videos of O lines glitching out and it is unrelated to the sprint button.  

Fun fact: I got USF to be a 5 star school so it is possible even with that C- campus lifestyle score.  Recruiting is a breeze when you have 1150 hours to play with and boosted lvl5 (pink) pipelines.  May be time to start over and try that Scheme Guru build.  I also did some nice program builder skills and that insta commit skill in CEO, but I don't know if I would spend those CEO points again.  

Yeah, I am still ghosting on the reddit boards (I got permabanned on Reddit completely b/c I said I hoped cartel members in Mexico would get shot by Mexican military - this was apparently a violation of Reddit's "Violent speech" rules). I have seen plenty of videos of screwed up AI lineman, but I always want to know if these people have messed with sliders or what level of difficulty they are playing on as well. I'm not saying I never see these things, but it seems like people experience them much more than I do and I just play stock sliders AA difficulty right out of the box. Same with Madden. 

Someone said that UCLA was "quietly" the best school to start a dynasty with b/c it has the A+ academic prestige and the A+ conference prestige and apparently neither of those can change over the course of a dynasty, they are "locked in". It made me worried we couldn't get some schools to 5-star regardless of success on the virtual field, good to see you can still build the sleeping giants of the world into powerhouse programs. 

2 hours ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

I have seen plenty of videos of screwed up AI lineman, but I always want to know if these people have messed with sliders or what level of difficulty they are playing on as well.

I am only playing on Varsity and I noticed they were immediately messed up after the patch.  They aren't getting beat on blocks, they are glitching out and not engaging.  I noticed it running between the tackles, but most people are mad about play action being ruined on higher difficulties and glitchy O line letting people through uncontested.  

I think they tried to fix issues with people spamming the jet sweep and they did it in a crude fashion.  The o line used to set up blocks very clearly and they would win or lose, but suddenly they would just not engage at all.

Edited by Rocky Style

21 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I am only playing on Varsity and I noticed they were immediately messed up after the patch.  They aren't getting beat on blocks, they are glitching out and not engaging.  I noticed it running between the tackles, but most people are mad about play action being ruined on higher difficulties and glitchy O line letting people through uncontested.  

I think they tried to fix issues with people spamming the jet sweep and they did it in a crude fashion.  The o line used to set up blocks very clearly and they would win or lose, but suddenly they would just not engage at all.

Yes, Jet Sweep was definitely nerfed. It was easy to abuse it early & now, you almost have to cut up between the tackles - at least for me - because the edge blocking is the drizzling ******** on that play now. I can still run outside, on stretches, load/speed option, but the Jet Sweep is pretty bad now.

It's funny watching people post all the broken o line play and people joking about: Bro you shouldn't have held sprint if you wanted your O line to attempt a block, or bro you should have identified the mike if you wanted two guys not to completely let a guy run by them.  🤣