11 Years in the Making - College football 25

slick1ru2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,748
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

My AD coming down the hall to tell me another recruit blocked my cell and no one wants to play the Veer anymore.

The Internet Is Here for Pedro Pascal in 'The Unbearable Weight of Massive  Talent'

Stokes ,banks,and archie want to transfer put for playing style but we are undefeated and beat Bama. I have noticed of Stokes, Archie, rucker, banks, and Cobb always seem to be the guys that show up after year 1 for wanting to transfer. Usually  everyone can be talked into staying, but Stokes seems to be the one to go to not come back.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  53

Reporting in from the field. More blitzing is good on the CPU QB brain.  Anything to rush the passer to pass early helps.  

I'm trying the Nickel Double Mug 0 blitz which puts everyone up at the line.  You can also audible into a Tampa 2 or Cover 3 and they will fade into the passing lanes and get picks sometimes.  I try to use speed DEs and sprint near to QB to get him to throw fast.  Doesn't work as well when everyone is gassed but a wall of blitz does.  Anytime they fire early you may get a CB jumping the route or an epic drop.

Or they score on you, but whatever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Honestly, I think a patch for the game itself would be better. The catchup mechanic is wild.

Yeah they call it "rubber banding" and I hate it.  The best way I think is to just grind it out on the ground in the 4th and run clock to prevent the God mode comeback.  Which I guess works like real football to an extent.

It does seem to work in both directions though.  If I get down early I'll miraculously get roughing the punter or their kicker will start missing kicks and other obvious things.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Reporting in from the field. More blitzing is good on the CPU QB brain.  Anything to rush the passer to pass early helps.  

I'm trying the Nickel Double Mug 0 blitz which puts everyone up at the line.  You can also audible into a Tampa 2 or Cover 3 and they will fade into the passing lanes and get picks sometimes.  I try to use speed DEs and sprint near to QB to get him to throw fast.  Doesn't work as well when everyone is gassed but a wall of blitz does.  Anytime they fire early you may get a CB jumping the route or an epic drop.

Or they score on you, but whatever.

Bringing pressure does work. I did it in my last game against Coastal and it was pretty effective. I know zone is the rage right now, but I'm thinking man with some blitzes is more effective against the AI...maybe not a human, but the AI can be blitzed from what I saw in my game last night.

PATCH #1 COMING TOMORROW 8/8/24. Also apparently a new uni drop for Baylor is included (possibly more schools as well???)

2 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

PATCH #1 COMING TOMORROW 8/8/24. Also apparently a new uni drop for Baylor is included (possibly more schools as well???)

Maybe it will fix the Top 5 visit glitch which will destroy a recruiting class.

The patch was released overnight. I'm already at my office, so I won't be able to download till tonight, but apparently everything is applied to online/offline dynasties, so that's great news!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,748
  • Days Won:  30

29 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

The patch was released overnight. I'm already at my office, so I won't be able to download till tonight, but apparently everything is applied to online/offline dynasties, so that's great news!

Patch notes.

Here’s the announcement from EA:

Title Update server maintenance will begin tomorrow, Thursday August 8th at 6 AM ET.

During this time, all online modes and Team Builder will be unavailable.

Please be sure to complete all online games before maintenance begins!

While no duration was mentioned, this is expected to last for at least 2-4 hours per the regular server outages. The update’s official patch notes haven’t been released yet, but we’ve included the known issues the devs are looking into:

ROSTERS & LIKENESSES:

Per the dev team: There are some slight inaccuracies with rosters and likenesses that our team is looking to update as soon as possible as we work through summer roster movement that is natural to college football. For our very passionate Dynasty fans, you can hop in and play this week or wait for a roster update around college football kickoff for the most up to date experience.

Also, one more question we want to answer: Yes, ratings updates for rosters WILL happen as we move through the college football season, so stay tuned!

AUDIO

Incorrect commentary when playing as the first game of the season in Dynasty at Utah
Florida State’s War Chant and Tennessee’s “Rocky Top” are not audible when playing only on Xbox Series S
LOGOS

The following teams/conferences have incorrect logos: Stanford, UMass, Western Michigan, Jacksonville State, FIU, New Mexico, SEC, Conference USA, and the Sun Belt
UTEP and Wyoming display incorrect athletic branding on their equipment in Dynasty
Visual issue with conference patches when changing a small subset of teams Conference in Dynasty
DYNASTY

Before we talk about some things we are tracking in Dynasty, we wanted to provide some things to consider and clarity on the design intentions. There are many factors at play in Dynasty that can create ripple effects: Injuries, players going pro early, transfers, strong or weak recruiting classes, upsets, and more! The beauty of the mode is that two different users can begin playing Dynasty as the same school, but over multiple years, their College Football 25 worlds can develop notable differences. Dynasty is intentionally designed in a way where the backend systems will create organic and dynamic situations that lead to branching stories. We didn’t want to have a rigid system that leads to all users experiencing the same situations and stories 5, 10, or 15 years in – the world of college football is dynamic and so is Dynasty in College Football 25.

As for player feedback, we do see the feedback about the Super Sim Logic. We have been looking into tuning Super Sim Logic, including FCS schools potentially creating more upsets than intended. As for wider Super Sim Logic tuning, we will continue to monitor player feedback and the telemetry data from all users’ Dynasties as we gather more data. Our team has been thrilled to see so many fans share the stories they’re experiencing, so keep it coming!

Super Sim Logic Tuning: The team is looking into tuning of the Super Sim Logic, including FCS schools upsetting too many Power 5 schools
Note: As we continue internal testing on the tuning of Super Sim Logic, Top 25 Polls & the College Football Playoff seedings will also see an improvement.
Issue when adding additional teams to the PAC-12 conference when using custom conferences does not generate a new conference schedule as intended.
Workaround: After adding teams to the PAC-12, open the Conference Rules and set Divisions to ON. Users will see they can now set the number of conference games by toggling back and forth. Users can then disable divisions and edit other settings as desired.
Issue with modified conference rules not saving
Workaround: Users can re-enter the Conference Rules screen to ensure their settings were saved and are valid. If they did not save, then the rules are not valid with their current setup.
Occasionally, when a recruit reaches their Top 5 stage, it will not display the recruit is “Ready for a Visit” despite meeting the requirements.
Recruiting Tuning: The team has planned additional tuning to recruiting logic.
Small chance of a freeze when simulating individual plays quickly after exiting “Super Sim”
Workaround: Wait a couple seconds in between simulating the individual plays before exiting Super Sim.
Issue with the Practice Tile not initially appearing in the “Team” tab
Workaround: Exit the mode and then re-enter.
Current maximum cap of 20 created coaches instead of the intended 32 created coaches
Note: The team is targeting Tuesday for an issue fix that limits Dynasty’s to 20 created coaches. A current work around is using existing coaches in the remaining spots to reach 32.
Player jersey numbers and/or OVRs changing when editing certain players gear.
Online Dynasty: A high priority for the team right now is the issue of some players being unable to load into a previously established online dynasty.

TEAM BUILDER

When using a Team Builder team in Play Now, cleats are defaulted to Adidas regardless of selected brand apparel.
Note: This does not impact Team Builder teams used in Dynasty
Second custom image layer not appearing on the field
Workaround: Add a second layer, then select a generic image, and then re-select your custom image.
The last patch released was for a small list of fixes, though the devs did confirm a more substantial patch (which is this one) will be accompanied by Campus Huddle Notes.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Patch notes.

Here’s the announcement from EA:

Title Update server maintenance will begin tomorrow, Thursday August 8th at 6 AM ET.

During this time, all online modes and Team Builder will be unavailable.

Please be sure to complete all online games before maintenance begins!

While no duration was mentioned, this is expected to last for at least 2-4 hours per the regular server outages. The update’s official patch notes haven’t been released yet, but we’ve included the known issues the devs are looking into:

ROSTERS & LIKENESSES:

Per the dev team: There are some slight inaccuracies with rosters and likenesses that our team is looking to update as soon as possible as we work through summer roster movement that is natural to college football. For our very passionate Dynasty fans, you can hop in and play this week or wait for a roster update around college football kickoff for the most up to date experience.

Also, one more question we want to answer: Yes, ratings updates for rosters WILL happen as we move through the college football season, so stay tuned!

AUDIO

Incorrect commentary when playing as the first game of the season in Dynasty at Utah
Florida State’s War Chant and Tennessee’s “Rocky Top” are not audible when playing only on Xbox Series S
LOGOS

The following teams/conferences have incorrect logos: Stanford, UMass, Western Michigan, Jacksonville State, FIU, New Mexico, SEC, Conference USA, and the Sun Belt
UTEP and Wyoming display incorrect athletic branding on their equipment in Dynasty
Visual issue with conference patches when changing a small subset of teams Conference in Dynasty
DYNASTY

Before we talk about some things we are tracking in Dynasty, we wanted to provide some things to consider and clarity on the design intentions. There are many factors at play in Dynasty that can create ripple effects: Injuries, players going pro early, transfers, strong or weak recruiting classes, upsets, and more! The beauty of the mode is that two different users can begin playing Dynasty as the same school, but over multiple years, their College Football 25 worlds can develop notable differences. Dynasty is intentionally designed in a way where the backend systems will create organic and dynamic situations that lead to branching stories. We didn’t want to have a rigid system that leads to all users experiencing the same situations and stories 5, 10, or 15 years in – the world of college football is dynamic and so is Dynasty in College Football 25.

As for player feedback, we do see the feedback about the Super Sim Logic. We have been looking into tuning Super Sim Logic, including FCS schools potentially creating more upsets than intended. As for wider Super Sim Logic tuning, we will continue to monitor player feedback and the telemetry data from all users’ Dynasties as we gather more data. Our team has been thrilled to see so many fans share the stories they’re experiencing, so keep it coming!

Super Sim Logic Tuning: The team is looking into tuning of the Super Sim Logic, including FCS schools upsetting too many Power 5 schools
Note: As we continue internal testing on the tuning of Super Sim Logic, Top 25 Polls & the College Football Playoff seedings will also see an improvement.
Issue when adding additional teams to the PAC-12 conference when using custom conferences does not generate a new conference schedule as intended.
Workaround: After adding teams to the PAC-12, open the Conference Rules and set Divisions to ON. Users will see they can now set the number of conference games by toggling back and forth. Users can then disable divisions and edit other settings as desired.
Issue with modified conference rules not saving
Workaround: Users can re-enter the Conference Rules screen to ensure their settings were saved and are valid. If they did not save, then the rules are not valid with their current setup.
Occasionally, when a recruit reaches their Top 5 stage, it will not display the recruit is “Ready for a Visit” despite meeting the requirements.
Recruiting Tuning: The team has planned additional tuning to recruiting logic.
Small chance of a freeze when simulating individual plays quickly after exiting “Super Sim”
Workaround: Wait a couple seconds in between simulating the individual plays before exiting Super Sim.
Issue with the Practice Tile not initially appearing in the “Team” tab
Workaround: Exit the mode and then re-enter.
Current maximum cap of 20 created coaches instead of the intended 32 created coaches
Note: The team is targeting Tuesday for an issue fix that limits Dynasty’s to 20 created coaches. A current work around is using existing coaches in the remaining spots to reach 32.
Player jersey numbers and/or OVRs changing when editing certain players gear.
Online Dynasty: A high priority for the team right now is the issue of some players being unable to load into a previously established online dynasty.

TEAM BUILDER

When using a Team Builder team in Play Now, cleats are defaulted to Adidas regardless of selected brand apparel.
Note: This does not impact Team Builder teams used in Dynasty
Second custom image layer not appearing on the field
Workaround: Add a second layer, then select a generic image, and then re-select your custom image.
The last patch released was for a small list of fixes, though the devs did confirm a more substantial patch (which is this one) will be accompanied by Campus Huddle Notes.

New uni's for Baylor & Ole Miss confirmed as well. Would like to know if other schools are getting updated soon. I know USF sent quite a few assets to be included and, like most schools, the uni's at launch are somewhat limited. 

44 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So did they fix this?  I have one right now which already missed their visit window but I might be able to get them in Week 7.  I try to blitz and get the best ones in before everyone else.  Once you get past Week 6-7, you run the risk of having away conference games and other schools booking them and blocking you.  Once they go somewhere else, you are toast.

33 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

I know USF sent quite a few assets to be included and, like most schools, the uni's at launch are somewhat limited. 

Hopefully they sent them more band music like the first down song or kicking XPs.  They literally have one track for the band which is the fight song only.  Also, how about a Rocky?  🤣

Also, they recorded some shade against the ACC.  I scheduled a Rutgers game at home since they were ranked and the booth went on about how interesting it was that the ACC would hang with the Big Ten in this game because the SEC and Big Ten have really emerged as power conferences.  I moved up in conferences and still got the shade.  

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1