11 Years in the Making - College football 25

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,285
  • Days Won:  10

I have played a couple hours so far, but haven't done a deep dive yet. Just finished Elden Ring DLC and Baldur's Gate 3, so I am going to start putting more hours in starting this week.  I have the game for PS5, but hopefully at some point it will be coming to Gamepass and I will be able to play it on Xbox S

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,828
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

We got you in for the next round of conference realignment when cross play for dynasties is enabled when the unbreakable  GOR is broken up by some lawyer.

I’d probably use a MWC school anyway, so it’s probably more realistic that I have to wait a season or two…

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  53

16 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

See?  Satan can F anything up with math!  I go to play football and get greeted with MATH!  This can't be right.  They should put a warning on the box or something.

Haha luckily you can just simulate recruiting. 

20 hours ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

CPU went into "God" mode in the 4th quarter in my game against Liberty, but North Texas pulled it out with a win 49-31 road win. I see that whoever is controlling Army in our TBP OD won their game as well. 

If you can run the ball and burn clock that helps, but God mode 4th quarter tends to swarm that at first.  Keep in mind there are coaches and assistants have a skill where everyone starts hot in the 4th quarter so you might have to ride that out for a couple minutes.  There is a play in the first Gun formation that is like a Play Action Comeback route that seems to work unless they are up in your face.  If they are pressing I would hot route that comeback route guy to an open area of the field like a corner route or go route if the safety looks amenable.   🤔

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

43 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

If you can run the ball and burn clock that helps, but God mode 4th quarter tends to swarm that at first.  Keep in mind there are coaches and assistants have a skill where everyone starts hot in the 4th quarter so you might have to ride that out for a couple minutes.  There is a play in the first Gun formation that is like a Play Action Comeback route that seems to work unless they are up in your face.  If they are pressing I would hot route that comeback route guy to an open area of the field like a corner route or go route if the safety looks amenable.   🤔

If you use ground and pound in tactician tree it really works in wearing down defense and shines in the 4th.

• Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

So offensively I was fine. I scored 4 TDs that quarter, it was just my D couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. It was consistently me holding them on 1st and 2nd down. Then on 3rd...BOOM...60-yard completion or 4-5 missed tackles on a run after catch. Just stuff my D wasn't doing in the first three quarters. I ran all over those SOBs, it was just annoying that I felt like I had to match score for score out of nowhere.

• Brad changed the title to 11 Years in the Making - College football 25

1 hour ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

it was just my D couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.

Oh yeah this is turrible as Barkley would say.  I don't know what to do about that.  The only thing I can figure out is to have a great defensive line which doesn't help in year one.  

Basically you get good stops on 1st and 2nd down then there is a wide open guy on 3rd down.   Sometimes I play hard flat and trying to guard the first down marker, other times I'll try to do a surprise Tampa 2 and catch an INT in the middle.  But if the D line can't get to the QB in the 4th it's kind of like nothing works. 

So how I combat this is to keep my defense off the field, run it and bleed every second off the play clock.  Then score to rub it in of course.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 2

Anyone wanna share what coach archetype they selected? I went with Tactician. I feel like everyone goes with Recruiter, but I'd rather have the extra XP for wins and the attribute boosts during games that comes with Tactician than having a leg-up in recruiting. Hell, after I curb-stomped Liberty, I had my coach level go up from 1 to almost 5 and I earned like 30 coach points for the game. It seems the Tactician archetype is underrated & undervalued by most gamers right now.

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Oh yeah this is turrible as Barkley would say.  I don't know what to do about that.  The only thing I can figure out is to have a great defensive line which doesn't help in year one.  

Basically you get good stops on 1st and 2nd down then there is a wide open guy on 3rd down.   Sometimes I play hard flat and trying to guard the first down marker, other times I'll try to do a surprise Tampa 2 and catch an INT in the middle.  But if the D line can't get to the QB in the 4th it's kind of like nothing works. 

So how I combat this is to keep my defense off the field, run it and bleed every second off the play clock.  Then score to rub it in of course.

Oh brother, trust me. I run the ball. At North Texas, throwing the ball is a last resort. We're running 50 times for 300-400 yards on you. Every game. 7 TDs put up on Liberty and all 7 were rushing TDs. We out here grinding and 'crootin' those North Texas & Dallas Metroplex kids all day, every day!

16 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

Anyone wanna share what coach archetype they selected? I went with Tactician.

I have thoughts on this.  I went with Recruiter because it seemed like the hot thing, and I was trying to simulate Golesh's best in class recruiting.  

However, I may start over and do Tactician.  I started with a Scheme Guru as a coordinator and they left to get a better gig, then I panic hired a basic Tactician thinking he would become a scheme guru but did not (fired).  Now I finally got a scheme guru back in house after shopping on the market during the playoffs.

All this to say, Motivators are a dime a dozen when you are hiring coordinators, and I always see recruiters out there but I might prefer to go your route and make sure I have that covered.  I think your angle is the best one because you can always grab a coordinator with lvl1 recruiting and motivator paths.  I think recruiter gets you stood up faster but Tactician is the best in the long run.  Plus recruiting is easy and the hours come from your school's star rating which now I have like 1200 hours to grab 5 stars at will.

• Upvote 1