11 Years in the Making - College football 25

slick1ru2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

3 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

@Outlaw I hit "ready to advance" last night thinking it would alert you that I was done with any recruiting and ready to advance whenever you advance the week as commish, but it actually moved me to week 0, so just letting you know. I have no clue if that impacts you or anyone else that joined, but thought I should tell you in case something wonky happens. 

Odd, but it shows we ar epreseason on my screen. I don't think it matters until we move past week zero. Still waiting on @Peatearpan to join up this weekend and roll into week 0/1.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,787
  • Days Won:  3

16 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Odd, but it shows we ar epreseason on my screen. I don't think it matters until we move past week zero. Still waiting on @Peatearpan to join up this weekend and roll into week 0/1.

I can try and login real quick tonight to at least setup recruiting board and advance.

Quick question, we are all naming our coaches Jim Leavitt, right?

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

@PeatearpanLet me know if it lets you in because it is in week 0. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  53

Here is a fun fact.  I scheduled a 4x Home series against thee Citronauts so I could get this "win four rivalry games" milestone accomplished for my coach skill tree and this is all they have for our rivals.  I put them in the powder blue so they look better.  Going into this season (first season in the ACC) I am preseason ranked #1 and they are unranked.  So I set up my little home game in week 2, and when you go to play it it automatically updated it to be in a neutral site Mercedes-Benz Stadium (ATL) Aflac Kickoff game.  On the schedule it still says RJS.  Kinda neat.  Except it made them the home team and me the away team.  Also the rivalry recap always show Citronauts have 1 win streak against me when I have evened the series.

So I am guessing if you are ranked or both teams are ranked, or you are playing a rival early in the season it will make you one of these big neutral site kickoff games. 

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Here is a fun fact.  I scheduled a 4x Home series against thee Citronauts so I could get this "win four rivalry games" milestone accomplished for my coach skill tree and this is all they have for our rivals.  I put them in the powder blue so they look better.  Going into this season (first season in the ACC) I am preseason ranked #1 and they are unranked.  So I set up my little home game in week 2, and when you go to play it it automatically updated it to be in a neutral site Mercedes-Benz Stadium (ATL) Aflac Kickoff game.  On the schedule it still says RJS.  Kinda neat.  Except it made them the home team and me the away team.  Also the rivalry recap always show Citronauts have 1 win streak against me when I have evened the series.

So I am guessing if you are ranked or both teams are ranked, or you are playing a rival early in the season it will make you one of these big neutral site kickoff games. 

That's actually pretty cool. Not only does it change the venue, but you can beat them with a national audience watching - which is supposed to have an impact on recruiting in the game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

That's actually pretty cool. Not only does it change the venue, but you can beat them with a national audience watching - which is supposed to have an impact on recruiting in the game.

Ah that's good to know.  I was leading on a 5* ATH scrambling QB in WK 3 and of course it is top 5 glitched on the schedule visit.  Every. Time.  I could have had it wrapped up by Week 6.  Now I bet Ohio State or Alabama will magically appear.  I've noticed the ATH guys take longer to disappear though so maybe...  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Ah that's good to know.  I was leading on a 5* ATH scrambling QB in WK 3 and of course it is top 5 glitched on the schedule visit.  Every. Time.  I could have had it wrapped up by Week 6.  Now I bet Ohio State or Alabama will magically appear.  I've noticed the ATH guys take longer to disappear though so maybe...  

If you have the recruiting hours in game, just keep throwing the house at him each week. Maybe even use the hard sell feature? I have only been playing exhibition games so far, so I'm not an aficionado on recruiting, but I did set my board up last night for our online TBP dynasty and I just plan on focusing on 10-12 guys at a time to get them on my roster and maxing out my recruiting hours for each one. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

Maybe even use the hard sell feature?

Hard sell is definitely what you want to get to and you can guess or use process of elimination on the 3 factors and the deal-breaker is always one of them.  Also if you know their deal-breaker you can always schedule a quick visit and focus on that if you don't know the other factors.  I believe higher pipeline score reveals these faster.

I swear there was a jet sweep play under the Bulls playbook but I can't find it.  I think it was under a pass play.  Does anyone know where it is in the 1M formation variants?

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

This is a fantastic summary of all the offensive pre snap options.  

Hey y'all 2 questions:

1.  How TF do you stop the passes on 3rd down without the DEs getting a rush?  I run all these defenses that supposedly protect the middle of the field and every 3rd down the pass goes there and no defender is on the screen.  Always epic stops on 1st & 2nd downs then a wide open pass on 3rd.

2. Where is this jet sweep or jet touch pass in the USF playbook?  I have defenses committing to the pass and I want to use my WR speed.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1