11 Years in the Making - College football 25

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

HAHA You've got to be kidding me! We're in the end game now.

If true, that coach is doing a huge disservice to their team, unless he just meant to learn their names and positions. That's about where its usefulness ends. Hilarious.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

68-38 win in game 1. Gave up 2 garbage time TD’s later as I was experimenting with different D’S.

Keith ran for close to 300 yards on 24 carries and 3 TD’s  for Player of the Game honors.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  53

5 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Keith ran for close to 300 yards on 24 carries and 3 TD’s  for Player of the Game honors.

Keith is also racking up massive gains in my season.  Running the ball feels kind of electric 😄 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

Got early access and have been playing the hell out of the game each night when I get home from work. 

First thing I had to do was explain to virtual Byrum Brown that Daddy runs the flexbone. He hasn't disappointed yet. Keith and Chris Lamb (fka Nay'Quan Wright) are great as my A-Backs. I put K'Wan Powell as my B-Back. Kelly Joiner has also been grinding yards - Byrum is throwing dots and using his legs on option plays. Atkins has been excellent when I am passing. I've been usering Jhalyn Shuler on D and have a couple of nice user-picks and lurks as well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

Jhalyn Shuler on D and have a couple of nice user-picks and lurks as well.

The defense is emerging this season.  I've had #9 Brown get national player of the week honors jumping routes and getting INTs and TDs. 

The offense struggles because I don't know how to pass well.  Plus the run game is dominant.  I feel bad for Brown and Atkins stats, but turbo/no huddle RPO/Read is helping me get them back in!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

The defense is emerging this season.  I've had #9 Brown get national player of the week honors jumping routes and getting INTs and TDs. 

The offense struggles because I don't know how to pass well.  Plus the run game is dominant.  I feel bad for Brown and Atkins stats, but turbo/no huddle RPO/Read is helping me get them back in!

I tried the veer and shoot/USF playbook just to be "authentic", but I've always been a flexbone guy in the old NCAA games. The AI opponent is better this year, if I started slinging the ball around the field 40+ times a game, I'd definitely throw a couple of INTs. Running the flex, I'm averaging just about 50 rushing attempts per game and about 14 pass attempts per game, but the beauty is that the AI starts creeping up, so I just hit them over the top and I'm still throwing for over 200 yards a game will running for 275 or more. It's really quite beautiful lol. 

I've never been the best defender, but I like the movement of Jhalyn Shuler. His virtual player moves pretty smooth, but doesn't feel too small to the point where he gets bodied when mixing it up and shedding blocks. 

Also I saw on X that Nay'Quan said he missed the deadline to opt-in, so that is why he isn't in the game. He is trying to get in with one of the roster updates they'll have, but I wish I had him out there. I was honestly disappointed when I fired up the game for the first time and didn't see him there and I just said "Who the F!CK is 'Chris Lamb'!?!?" 

• Like 1

Passing these along since they helped me a lot.  There are a million of these 20 tips you need to win videos out there, but this one specifically addressed problems I am having.  And it actually tells you the buttons to press instead of assuming you know already.  Like once the game figured out I like to scramble and love PA rollouts, they just do contain with the DEs and have an LB floating there.  So this explained how to double team the DE and shift the line in the direction you want to rollout.  Also doing these audible drag routes is helping me go underneath as well.  It seems like you can't just force balls into coverage like in the old games.  I also liked the explanation on telling the RB to pick up the blitz.  It even gets into the "coaching adjustments" late in the game which I was scared to try (looks like it tweaks your team AI - probably helpful when they spray passes at you late).  

I posted that Bordeaux recruiting video earlier, but I thought this one explains it all better and in 1/3 of the time.  It has annoying youtuber music but it really sums it up nicely.  

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Passing these along since they helped me a lot.  There are a million of these 20 tips you need to win videos out there, but this one specifically addressed problems I am having.  And it actually tells you the buttons to press instead of assuming you know already.  Like once the game figured out I like to scramble and love PA rollouts, they just do contain with the DEs and have an LB floating there.  So this explained how to double team the DE and shift the line in the direction you want to rollout.  Also doing these audible drag routes is helping me go underneath as well.  It seems like you can't just force balls into coverage like in the old games.  I also liked the explanation on telling the RB to pick up the blitz.  It even gets into the "coaching adjustments" late in the game which I was scared to try (looks like it tweaks your team AI - probably helpful when they spray passes at you late).  

I posted that Bordeaux recruiting video earlier, but I thought this one explains it all better and in 1/3 of the time.  It has annoying youtuber music but it really sums it up nicely.  

I'll check these out in my office today lol...I'm a 41-year old man who is thinking more about getting home to this game than getting any work done. This game has me addicted over the last 10 days. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,629
  • Days Won:  10

15 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

I'll check these out in my office today lol...I'm a 41-year old man who is thinking more about getting home to this game than getting any work done. This game has me addicted over the last 10 days. 

I got my first PS when I was fifty.  Played the heck out of NCAA10-14.  Leave a picture of yourself at your place at the dinner table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I got my first PS when I was fifty.  Played the heck out of NCAA10-14.  Leave a picture of yourself at your place at the dinner table.

My first game system was an Atari and I've pretty much owned every system since then. I remember my first CFB game was Bill Walsh on the Sega Genesis with all the generic names. BYU was "PROVO" lol.

• Upvote 1