11 Years in the Making - College football 25

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

5 hours ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

How did they only pick two of our jerseys and then 4 helmets including the white helmet with the oversized U?

I thought these give us actually the majority of what we wear.  The white helmet we wore at UF with all white.  We got the classic gold helmet and the best normal white helmet.  They threw in the robogoat homecoming look as well as a nice bonus.  Yes it doesn't have the grotesque slime/black/gray unis, but those can be patched in later.  This gives me like all the combos we would realistically use.

5 hours ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

Did USF only send basic assets or did EA just screw us over seeing as Rocky isn't in the game either? I find it very hard to believe USF wouldn't send in assets for their only mascot 

Rocky not being in the game pisses me off.  It's not the level of conference because the WKU mascot is in the game. 

Edited by Rocky Style

I somehow beat Miami 0 - 14 (including Pick 6) once I learned a couple things.  I am quite pumped and I am going to try to make a run here.  We can leave that bad Alabama loss in the past.  It's funny to get this excited about a game win but in game 1 I struggled against Bethune-Cookman and Alabama wasn't really a game.  The Miami game felt comparable to the Miracle on Ice.  🤣

Random stuff I learned:
1. Pressing L1 while throwing a bullet pass (or any pass) will throw the ball up high in traffic like on a crossing route, then you can press triangle to have the WR go up and secure it like a jump ball.  I was getting a lot of tipped balls at the time, even when trying to locate the pass.  I am still doing better as a run-heavy USF team though...

2. I begrudgingly learned about pressing in R3 stick + R1? pre-play on defense and doing things like telling the defense to play the pass using the right stick.  Telling the defense to play the pass has really helped while I look for the run.  If it's a run heavy team we usually destroy them similar to real life.  Using a lot of Tampa 2 and Cover 3 with occasional man blitzes when the DL starts going off.  #9 Aamaris Brown is the GOAT on my video game team on defense.  

3.  Getting better at running the ball by using the R3 stick + L1 pre-play and identifying the mike.  This helps the blocking to actually work when flipping the play or when the defense is in a weird formation.

Question to all: 

My Run Pass Option isn't working at all in practice.  I keep reading that you snap the ball and hold X to have the QB hold it, but he is handing it off every time no matter what I do even if I hold the button or release the button.  Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?  

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,807
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I thought these give us actually the majority of what we wear.  The white helmet we wore at UF with all white.  We got the classic gold helmet and the best normal white helmet.  They threw in the robogoat homecoming look as well as a nice bonus.  Yes it doesn't have the grotesque slime/black/gray unis, but those can be patched in later.  This gives me like all the combos we would realistically use.

Rocky not being in the game pisses me off.  It's not the level of conference because the WKU mascot is in the game. 

They didnt include the all gray uniforms we wore last year against Char, but they included the throw back gold helmet we only wore once (that I remember)

They didn't include the American flag bull helmet which we've worn for a few years now in some variation. 

None of the slime/so flo but I dont know if we even use those anymore. 

CFBUNIFORM.COM

USF Bulls Football Uniforms 2023 Shown here is every football uniform that USF wore during this year's NCAA football season.2023 Week 1 2023 Week 2 2023 Week 3...

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I somehow beat Miami 0 - 14 (including Pick 6) once I learned a couple things.  I am quite pumped and I am going to try to make a run here.  We can leave that bad Alabama loss in the past.  It's funny to get this excited about a game win but in game 1 I struggled against Bethune-Cookman and Alabama wasn't really a game.  The Miami game felt comparable to the Miracle on Ice.  🤣

Random stuff I learned:
1. Pressing L1 while throwing a bullet pass (or any pass) will throw the ball up high in traffic like on a crossing route, then you can press triangle to have the WR go up and secure it like a jump ball.  I was getting a lot of tipped balls at the time, even when trying to locate the pass.  I am still doing better as a run-heavy USF team though...

2. I begrudgingly learned about pressing in R3 stick + R1? pre-play on defense and doing things like telling the defense to play the pass using the right stick.  Telling the defense to play the pass has really helped while I look for the run.  If it's a run heavy team we usually destroy them similar to real life.  Using a lot of Tampa 2 and Cover 3 with occasional man blitzes when the DL starts going off.  #9 Aamaris Brown is the GOAT on my video game team on defense.  

3.  Getting better at running the ball by using the R3 stick + L1 pre-play and identifying the mike.  This helps the blocking to actually work when flipping the play or when the defense is in a weird formation.

Question to all: 

My Run Pass Option isn't working at all in practice.  I keep reading that you snap the ball and hold X to have the QB hold it, but he is handing it off every time no matter what I do even if I hold the button or release the button.  Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?  

You don't hold A/X when doing the RPO. Press it just before the hand off to pull the ball back.

So hike ball. Wait for running back to approach. Press A and your QB should keep it.

The rb handoff is the primary on RPOs now. So pressing A to keep the ball is a choice you have to make. It was opposite in the old games

22 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

You don't hold A/X when doing the RPO. Press it just before the hand off to pull the ball back.

So hike ball. Wait for running back to approach. Press A and your QB should keep it.

The rb handoff is the primary on RPOs now. So pressing A to keep the ball is a choice you have to make. It was opposite in the old games

Thank you!  It's still not working for me in free practice mode, so I'm scared to use it in a game.  Hmm.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,780
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Random stuff I learned:

Question to all: 

My RPO is about 50:50 as well. I am unsure whether you are supposed to hold the hike button or whether you hike it and have a separate press/hold.

57 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

My RPO is about 50:50 as well. I am unsure whether you are supposed to hold the hike button or whether you hike it and have a separate press/hold.

I may have it working now.  I saw a tip that said hold the button of the receiver you want to throw it to or run using a pre-snap read of the number of guys in the box.  I pressed the button twice and it worked.  So I can do nothing and it hands off or I can press the receiver on the tiny curl route and the ball is to him before the defense barely moves.  Quite nice!

Maybe there is a difference on the pre-snap vs post-snap because I remember in the tutorial it was different.  🤔

DERP - READ option vs RPO.  Big difference.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,780
  • Days Won:  3

24 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I may have it working now.  I saw a tip that said hold the button of the receiver you want to throw it to or run using a pre-snap read of the number of guys in the box.  I pressed the button twice and it worked.  So I can do nothing and it hands off or I can press the receiver on the tiny curl route and the ball is to him before the defense barely moves.  Quite nice!

Maybe there is a difference on the pre-snap vs post-snap because I remember in the tutorial it was different.  🤔

Doesn’t matter to me, I struggle with both.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

My bad I was thinking read option for my explanation above. I think RPO is similar though in how it works with pressing A

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

The game is supposed to be delivered today. Can’t wait!!

• Like 1