11 Years in the Making - College football 25

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

Hey gamer pros - So Alabama whooped dat *** 33 - 10 with it being 6-3 at the half (I won TOP milking the clock).   How do you deal with this weird squiggly line effect when passing on the road?  It's dumb because it's hard enough to even play against them but I can't see my passing icon until I am getting sacked.  So I can't do quick passes?  I decided to just load up in I formation and pound the rock, but eventually they became hip to that.  

Then the defense totally broke down in the 3rd giving up huge passes over the middle and there were keystone cops trying to tackle.  Can't defend the pass at all, but I didn't know what I was doing. 

Any tips against Miami?  

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,780
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Hey gamer pros - So Alabama whooped dat *** 33 - 10 with it being 6-3 at the half (I won TOP milking the clock).   How do you deal with this weird squiggly line effect when passing on the road?  It's dumb because it's hard enough to even play against them but I can't see my passing icon until I am getting sacked.  So I can't do quick passes?  I decided to just load up in I formation and pound the rock, but eventually they became hip to that.  

Then the defense totally broke down in the 3rd giving up huge passes over the middle and there were keystone cops trying to tackle.  Can't defend the pass at all, but I didn't know what I was doing. 

Any tips against Miami?  

Honestly, I have been getting destroyed as well. From the YouTube videos I have seen online, the best course of action on offense is to vary your play call. There is AI in the game that will catch on to your team if you call the same play too much.

On defense, if you go to formation when you pick your play, you can throw a shell coverage over your play. So let’s say you call a cover 2 man, but you show cover 4 instead. That will throw the AI off for their offense.

As far as the squiggly line goes, that is your QBs composure. If you go into your coaches skill tree you may be able to mitigate that with the Motivator skill tree, but I am not sure.

My suggestion is watch as much YouTube as possible. Also, take my advice with a grain of salt, I am currently 0-5 with Hawaii and about to get fired in my first season.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

6 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

As far as the squiggly line goes, that is your QBs composure. If you go into your coaches skill tree you may be able to mitigate that with the Motivator skill tree, but I am not sure.

Ah ha!  Thanks for that tip.  I went heavy on recruiter tier to load up.  It sounds like I should buy into motivator and stock up QB skills.  I basically couldn't get a pass off at Alabama when the crowd noise was loud.  I hung with them by running the ball until my defense broke down.  Maybe going with 2 WRs would help mitigate that because I can guess the buttons to push.  I think this mechanic is ridiculous because a QB would know how to throw to a receiver even when they are rattled.  I would like to win that UF game next year to rocket the progrum culture.  

Not sure about Hawaii's O line, but I've noticed that I can switch between running between the tackles and following blocks until the CPU catches on, then I can PA or spread them out.  If they cheat up, these RB wheel routes seem to work well.  Once they go to zone coverage and contain the QB at the line I am screwed because I don't know the playbooks and you need to high/low/overload certain zones.  This game is a little above my pay grade.  

Southern Miss was a joke, but now I have to figure out how to beat Miami.  :1397_metal_tone3:

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Ah ha!  Thanks for that tip.  I went heavy on recruiter tier to load up.  It sounds like I should buy into motivator and stock up QB skills.  I basically couldn't get a pass off at Alabama when the crowd noise was loud.  I hung with them by running the ball until my defense broke down.  Maybe going with 2 WRs would help mitigate that because I can guess the buttons to push.  I think this mechanic is ridiculous because a QB would know how to throw to a receiver even when they are rattled.  I would like to win that UF game next year to rocket the progrum culture.  

Not sure about Hawaii's O line, but I've noticed that I can switch between running between the tackles and following blocks until the CPU catches on, then I can PA or spread them out.  If they cheat up, these RB wheel routes seem to work well.  Once they go to zone coverage and contain the QB at the line I am screwed because I don't know the playbooks and you need to high/low/overload certain zones.  This game is a little above my pay grade.  

Southern Miss was a joke, but now I have to figure out how to beat Miami.  :1397_metal_tone3:

Hawaii’s oline is bad. I get so mad on screen plays. I hit my RB, and pause for a step so my blockers can keep swinging out and the blockers also pause for a step and block straight up the middle.

There is a way to slide protection to the blitz side if you can recognize it. I haven’t figured out how to slide the protection yet.

I also went recruiter for Hawaii. Figured if I can snag some good players I can flip the program around. I am going oline heavy, for reasons

Apparently you only get a certain amount of skill points as well so you don’t want to dump everything into recruiting.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

Hawaii’s oline is bad. I get so mad on screen plays. I hit my RB, and pause for a step so my blockers can keep swinging out and the blockers also pause for a step and block straight up the middle.

There is a way to slide protection to the blitz side if you can recognize it. I haven’t figured out how to slide the protection yet.

I also went recruiter for Hawaii. Figured if I can snag some good players I can flip the program around. I am going oline heavy, for reasons

Apparently you only get a certain amount of skill points as well so you don’t want to dump everything into recruiting.

Not sure if they fixed it yet, but I think Hawaii recruiting was bugged where local recruits show up red for Proximity to Home  making it more difficult to recruit.

11 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Not sure if they fixed it yet, but I think Hawaii recruiting was bugged where local recruits show up red for Proximity to Home  making it more difficult to recruit.

Mine wasn’t bugged. I don’t think.

There are a lot of weird glitches with this game. I know there are a loud minority whining about it. I imagine there will be patches coming out to address those.

Also, sometime in the future, alternate jerseys will be patched in.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Also, take my advice with a grain of salt, I am currently 0-5 with Hawaii and about to get fired in my first season.

:roflmao:

Not at your record, just that complete frustration in closing the comment!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,807
  • Days Won:  0

ANSWERS.EA.COM

Hey College Football fans,   What a weekend! Coming off of the worldwide...

Here is stuff EA is working on. Hopefully they fix the base layer socks for USFs home uniforms. When you give Byrum his base layer long socks they're only green on the road. They're white at home and it looks so goofy. 

Just in case you guys missed it. The long socks that go up to the pants are under lower body not feet. It's called base layer. Only way to give players like Byron his correct look 

Just now, NinjaPenguin777 said:

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,628
  • Days Won:  10

I am way behind you guys.  It's been so long since I played any video game that I started in Freshman and played then advanced to Varsity.  I haven't even looked at anything other than Quick games.  Going to learn it slowly.  My mad essential tremors make playing exciting.  It's a mystery as to which button I will actually press!

It's fun as Hell.  I have been playing ten to fifteen minute quarters just trying to learn.  I am definitely going to bookmark this page to learn from.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

I am way behind you guys.  It's been so long since I played any video game that I started in Freshman and played then advanced to Varsity.  I haven't even looked at anything other than Quick games.  Going to learn it slowly.  My mad essential tremors make playing exciting.  It's a mystery as to which button I will actually press!

It's fun as Hell.  I have been playing ten to fifteen minute quarters just trying to learn.  I am definitely going to bookmark this page to learn from.

Play on whatever difficulty makes the game most enjoyable. No need to keep up.

My friends and I went Heisman difficulty just because and we are all paying the price for it. All of us are worried about getting fired from our respective schools so we opted for MWC teams to start.

The game is hella enjoyable and I cannot wait to see how this game grows and changes over the season.

• Upvote 1