Brian Battie (Off Topic)

panchosanchez99

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  826
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

That ship has sailed, we have 500 million guns in the country already, no amount of gun control will make us safer, the exact opposite.  We have cultural issues that are beyond repair, expecting this government to fix this problem is foolish, protect yourself and don’t rely on them is my suggestion. 

Growing up, I believed that we should get rid of guns. I believed that until I took a political course in college where there was an in-depth study on the Bill of Rights and the reasons behind them. It was at that time that I had an abrupt change in opinion on the right of the people to own guns.

The revolutionary war was fought over the increase tyranny that this country was facing from British rule. When this country gained its independence from England, there were still powerful people who wanted to have power and total control of the people. Their descendants are still powerful and still have this agenda and are still trying to achieve it. What the founders knew was that, if we want to ever prevent total tyranny, the people need to have a way to prevent that. And one of the ways to do that is for the people to have arms that would deter those with evil intentions from having total control of our lives.

What would you prefer, a society where there is a risk that you may be the victim of a random shooting or a society where for sure those in power will have total control your life. And by total control, it means they would control what and how much you eat, where you live, where you go, what you do, what religion you practice, and when you die? I certainly do not want the latter.

• Like 3

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

What the founders knew was that, if we want to ever prevent total tyranny, the people need to have a way to prevent that. And one of the ways to do that is for the people to have arms that would deter those with evil intentions from having total control of our lives.

You are giving the founding fathers way too much credit.  They were normal men with no magical gift of foresight.  The Constitution was never intended to be a static document that never changed.  The right to keep and bear arms was added to counter the federal government's power to have a standing army / navy.  

I hate to tell you but those in power have total control over us all ready.  Social media, reality television, cable news networks, all distractions to keep us divided and not looking at what's behind the curtain.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Thanks for the reality slap.... came this close to getting sucked in to this **** show.

I pretty much nailed it regardless so no need to **** with perfection. Carry on my elder.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  826
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

You are giving the founding fathers way too much credit.  They were normal men with no magical gift of foresight.  The Constitution was never intended to be a static document that never changed.  The right to keep and bear arms was added to counter the federal government's power to have a standing army / navy.  

I hate to tell you but those in power have total control over us all ready.  Social media, reality television, cable news networks, all distractions to keep us divided and not looking at what's behind the curtain.  

No, they do not have total control yet, but they are getting closer. And their control over media is why everyone should take everything that is seen in the media with a grain of salt. And this forum is a perfect example of the distraction to keep us divided. Divide and conquer. Keep us occupied with our sports teams while evil planning is going on behind the scenes. Too many people are consenting their freedoms away because they are afraid to fight. Over the last 5 years, we have had major investment firms that I won't name that have been driving up the price of homes by out-bidding every other buyer in the market. So, wait, where did they get this money? Is it from money that we put into retirement accounts? So, they use our money as a tool to bankrupt us, cause us to lose our homes, and drive up inflation?

I don't like to get into politics in places like this. But everyone should pull the video of the press conference with Angel Colon, who was allegedly shot at the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando. He gave this press conference 2 days after being shot 5 times. I can tell you that no one shot that many times would be in any condition to look the way he did in that press conference 2 days later. He also made reference early in the video that he was shot with a high-powered rifle in the hand, yet both hands are visible as he says this; and neither hand showed any signs of injury. We are so asleep that we can't even say that if it were true, he would have no hand to show us. Is this the type of media control you are talking about?

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

guns for everyone

where was the good guy with the gun?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, smazza said:

guns for everyone

sounds like all involved had guns. 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, smazza said:

guns for everyone

Well it was illegal for the murderer to own or possess a gun considering he has 5 previous felonies. 

Should we make it more illegal for felons to have guns? I'm sure the felon with multiple felonies would follow the law if we made it more illegal than it already is, right?

Guy should have never been on the street to begin with.

Stupid take.

Edited by ForestBull
  • Upvote 3