Kasean Pryor Update

panchosanchez99

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,132
  • Days Won:  67

18 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Man this seems like dejavu. I swear someone had this same response to a comment i made. One of this "huh makes sense" moments. 

If I was redundant then my apologies.  That FAU team should have played in the championship game, they appeared to be the better team in the quarterfinal but pissed it away. It is so hard to duplicate a run in the tourney unless you are head and shoulders better than the competition, like UCONN. I really enjoyed our year and had we not screwed the pooch early then who knows what could have been. I can’t blame a kid for going home to play for his hometown team, or really any of them for chasing a buck or more attention,  their window is closing and they are simply taking advantage of the opportunities afforded to them.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,409
  • Content Count:  98,067
  • Days Won:  488

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Maybe it was because that team came off a final four appearance not a second round exit to VCU in the NIT. Had we made a final four or a final 16 or a final 64, things may have worked out differently.

No ****.  

So it’s all the marbles or nothing?

When these cats say they love each other and have a special bond, they’re full of it?  I guess so.

Team sports aren’t about each getting their own or cashing out your teammates because you’re not one of two that have a near 50/50 chance at an NCAA championship.

Now I know you’re into instant gratification, so I get you, but I guess I expect more than that.  My problem in today’s NCAA/society.

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

That FAU team should have played in the championship game,

No.  You sort of forget all their good fortune along the way, but to each his own opinion. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Brad said:

No ****.  

So it’s all the marbles or nothing?

When these cats say they love each other and have a special bond, they’re full of it?  I guess so.

Team sports aren’t about each getting their own or cashing out your teammates because you’re not one of two that have a near 50/50 chance at an NCAA championship.

Now I know you’re into instant gratification, so I get you, but I guess I expect more than that.  My problem in today’s NCAA/society.

No.  You sort of forget all their good fortune along the way, but to each his own opinion. 

I understand what you're saying but I know I am in a different financial situation than some of the players.  I don't know the background of these players but I would guess that some of them come from very little money.  I think I have a bigger issue with guys transferring two or three times and making it a spectacle.  If you transfer 3 times, the problem isn't the coaches or teammates or playing style, it's you.

I am kind of excited about the "new era".  Yes, I wish our best players would stay but it's exciting to recruit new guys and learn about them.  I know I get tired of watching the same guys for 4 years.  Just my two cents.

25 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

I know I get tired of watching the same guys for 4 years.

Same guys for four years is one of the reasons college athletics took my attention over professional free agent systems.  

All we’re missing are the contracts and the trades.  

Perhaps the mid-majors should pioneer that change - contracts and trades.  Otherwise it’s just a meaningless existence outside of launching coaches’ careers and developing freshman for their next school.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Same guys for four years is one of the reasons college athletics took my attention over professional free agent systems.  

All we’re missing are the contracts and the trades.  

Perhaps the mid-majors should pioneer that change - contracts and trades.  Otherwise it’s just a meaningless existence outside of launching coaches’ careers and developing freshman for their next school.  

John Calipari is going the other route.  He wants 7 or 8 guys.  He says he's not developing players for the "next team".  He can keep 8 guys happy, but he can't keep 13 guys happy.  I understand the logic.  If you are worried about injuries and depth...  well, if you have that many injuries, you aren't winning it all anyway.

5 hours ago, BigSteve said:

John Calipari is going the other route.  He wants 7 or 8 guys.  He says he's not developing players for the "next team".

He doesnt have to. He’s on the buying end.  We’re not.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  22,216
  • Days Won:  48

8 hours ago, Brad said:

it’s just a meaningless existence

Reality pilled!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

8 hours ago, Brad said:

My problem in today’s NCAA/society.

Exactly, and the players moving around are the product of that so why waste time hatin' on them. We had 4 components leave, but 6 stay .... rather focus on them, and the mercenaries coming in, than the past.

image.gif.5cfedd87bcc8db5b70d54a7caceed567.gif

• Haha 1

Who’s focusing on them?  Who cares?  This conversation that you’ve joined right now is about the game itself and the course it is taking.   I guess we should get back on topic, in a complimentary way.   

Hey, ain’t that Kasean something?

I saw the Big 10’s Washington Huskies bought a player off my son’s team, Portland, for $500,000.  Will be nice depth for them.  They also bought another guy for $2 million (ESPN). 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Content Count:  3,640
  • Days Won:  19

Posted (edited)

It's all in your perspective.  Whether it was the Bulls and the Threshers when I lived in Tampa Bay or the Bears and Crawdads now that I am in Hickory, I can still enjoy the minor leagues.

Edited by SilverBull