Anyone hear about any stadium updates today?

CousinRicky

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,300
  • Days Won:  490

Love money, and it be great if we can have one day events at our new stadium, but sharing a stadium with other sports teams will lead to all sorts of problems. From scheduling problems to issues where you have to share signage,... 

My biggest problem with Ray Jay was that we had to share the stadium with the Bucs. Ray Jay never felt our own starting with the red, pirate ship, Bucs promotions . It was even worse when the Mutiny was still in Tampa. Went to a MLS game at Ray Jay once and the field looked awful with soccer lines mixed with football lines,... The last thing I want to see when visiting our stadium would be reminders that we are sharing the field with a professional team of some sorts.

=

K-POP

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Except tractor pulls and monster truck jams .... we have to have a cut-off point.

WTH, I'd have Coach G drive the Pub Sub Mother Crunch on the field during every game if it paid our bills and gave us a competitive advantage.

Monster Truck GIF by Checkers & Rally's

Edited by SilverBull

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

28 minutes ago, Brad said:

Love money, and it be great if we can have one day events at our new stadium, but sharing a stadium with other sports teams will lead to all sorts of problems. From scheduling problems to issues where you have to share signage,... 

My biggest problem with Ray Jay was that we had to share the stadium with the Bucs. Ray Jay never felt our own starting with the red, pirate ship, Bucs promotions . It was even worse when the Mutiny was still in Tampa. Went to a MLS game at Ray Jay once and the field looked awful with soccer lines mixed with football lines,... The last thing I want to see when visiting our stadium would be reminders that we are sharing the field with a professional team of some sorts.

If some credit-worthy pro team want to pay us to be the redheaded stepchild for once, I'm all for it.

image.jpeg.35d93dc3a9bc2dced98357a5520327e7.jpeg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

If some credit-worthy pro team want to pay us to be the redheaded stepchild for once, I'm all for it.

image.jpeg.35d93dc3a9bc2dced98357a5520327e7.jpeg

I guess i would be fine with it as long as we treat them the way the Bucs treated us, and as long as the field isnt defaced or damaged, and that they are just the side show and we are the main act, and everything is green and gold,...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

15 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

We’re gunna paint the Bucs logos on it in all white super dull paint when they rent OUR stadium while theirs is under construction. And we’re keeping the parking/concession money. 

And have concessions charge RayJay prices for that extra profit margin.

• Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,883
  • Days Won:  6

I love all these ideas, but unfortunately the Bucs won't need to rent our stadium.  They will just build the new stadium where old Tampa/Hoolihan's stadium was and tear down the current stadium once the new one opens.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

37 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I love all these ideas, but unfortunately the Bucs won't need to rent our stadium.  They will just build the new stadium where old Tampa/Hoolihan's stadium was and tear down the current stadium once the new one opens.

A new more modern sombrero.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

We’re gunna paint the Bucs logos on it in all white super dull paint when they rent OUR stadium while theirs is under construction. And we’re keeping the parking/concession money. 

If the Bucs want a new stadium, then they can pay for it themselves this time or move to Orlando.   The TSA bent over and grabbed their ankles when they wrote up that stadium contract with the Bucs.  No city or county has given a professional team a sweetheart deal since the Bucs got the keys to the kingdom the TSA.   They all saw that Tampa was on the hook for every little thing the Bucs wanted.

I voted for the sales tax increase last time but never going to do that again.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

23 hours ago, Brad said:

Love money,

two men are sitting at a table and one of them says `` love that money ''